The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Regulus Test

By on February 13, 2010 2:11:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cind3rs

Join Date 04/2009
+2

You make/join a game.  One that's low on people.  Pick regulus.  After others join, sit there for second.

A) Some jackass on your team will pick regulus also, then instantly hit "ready".  He will then ignore "no doubles" or questions/comments/concerns/hate directed at him for the next 2 mins.  I envision some guy sitting behind his computer, eyes squeezed shut, praying "letmeberegulus, letmeberegulus, letmeberegulus".

or they don't pick regulus.  You're blocking him, and he is writing your name on his "list" of people to kill.  Now that the game filled up, you choose UB or something useful.  Then we go to:

He instantly picks regulus, once you cleared the "block", and then hits ready instantly.  He is now on the moral highground of picking regulus.  Any attempts to change his mind will result in the praying thing again, or him typing "why not?" and stalling his ass off, while SECRETLY praying "letmeberegulus".

If your teammate fails either option of the test, I would suggest getting out of the game (or kicking if the host).  Let's face it.  99% of regulii players are passive aggressive weiners that want to avoid engaging the enemy at all costs.  It's stressful.  They have to buy HP items, micro, use potions, know what the items do, etc.  It's easier to let the "big boys" deal with it, expecting them to deal with 2v3.

Reminds me of Company of Heroes.  In 2v2 or higher, you'd get that teammate that would not engage the enemy, saving up for artillery.  They would expect you to fend off a 2v1, then he would ride in a save the day with artillery.  What you call a "turtle".

Locked Post 53 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 15, 2010 4:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know how you get to play Reg even.  I never have the chance.  Every game has a reg player already.  Whether there is a reg when you join, or if you have the douchebag that joins and picks reg no matter what, then hits ready, then ignores all text.  So of course if you want a chance at winning, YOU have to change.  The other team is always more than happy to ready up if they see 2 regs, lol.

I'm always guilt tripped into picking the same damn DGs.

June 6, 2014 3:58:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats cos using TB is only good if you use both fire and ice abilities together. If you don't know how to do that, playing as him is worse than being a noob and playing as Regulus. 

June 6, 2014 3:59:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait, wrong page. wtf? oops

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: