The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Im losing...but the game tells' memy side has won...when the game is still going on?

By on February 2, 2010 7:08:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

harmannus

Join Date 11/2009

Yo,

I've had a few cases of the following:

Im playing the game, and sometimes I first get to see the screen that someone has a bad connection. The next thing I know is that appearantly im dropped (or somehing like that ) from the gama, whilst i get to see the "congratualions, you're side has won" screen. The only thing i can do from there is to go back to the main menu, or save a replay. Both are not verry helpfull in that situation, cuz i'd rather get back in the game (wich att is impossible)

Any ideas why this is happening, and perhaps how to prevent it?

best regards,

HJ van Dijk

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 2, 2010 1:52:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You disconnected. stuff like that happens but it shouldnt happen too often. (I have it once a month or so) I have had it a few times by now. the solution is in my case ussually to fix my internet. (goddamn wireless crap, just give me wires so I can play) Somtetimes there are other causes for this.

February 2, 2010 1:59:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(The following post assumes you are using a wireless router)

Wimmetje is correct, and wireless routers do have a lot of problems. If you can, move closer to the router or just plug in an ethernet cord if possible. If you can't do either of these things, you can get a better signal by making a parabolic reflector. Also, I'd suggest unplugging your router and modem, waiting 30 seconds and plugging them back in. 

P.S. The parabolic reflector works very well, I play demigod from 150 feet away from my router through walls and solid objects while only losing 50-60% of my signal.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: