The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Of Interest: New Demigod Review, New Site

By on February 1, 2010 8:52:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Greetings,

I thought it might be of interest to folks in these posting parts that a new gaming site is online, and that in particular a review is up of our commonly regarded pursuit (being of course Demigod).

Even if there is disagreement I hope I am fair, and to those without Demigod knowledge informative. Thanks for your time.

[this has just been a blurb...]

+18 Karma | 8 Replies
February 2, 2010 2:32:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is truly an Amazing review of Demigod. Maybe the most accurate and analytic I have ever seen so far.

Great work mate

The only point I disagree on is the rating, not the overall, but the "Stability – 8 and Post-Release Support/Expansion – 7.5". I wouldnt give it such high scores in these 2 categories.

Other than that GJ!

Here is

February 2, 2010 5:34:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-morpheas768,
That is truly an Amazing review of Demigod. Maybe the most accurate and analytic I have ever seen so far.

Great work mate

The only point I disagree on is the rating, not the overall, but the "Stability – 8 and Post-Release Support/Expansion – 7.5". I wouldnt give it such high scores in these 2 categories.

Other than that GJ!

Here is

Thank you! I hope you might find my other reviews (more to come as well) equally pleasing.

Stability and Post Release ratings were kind of tough for Demigod, because in the latter we are all familiar with the healthy pedigree of Stardock. A question of integrity is not necessary. The former feeds the latter, as fixing & improving the multiplayer code impinged upon all efforts otherwise, at least as far as I could observe. I hope that came through in the writ.

Also, the Stability rating at least in part reflected my take on the style of the overall code... some games just have a flaky, fudgy, indeterminate (i.e. cheap?) look to them, whereas Demigod is clean, precise, substantial.

February 2, 2010 11:04:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shitty review. While he does have some point with item balance being borked, he clearly is CLUELESS about them. I saw mards hammer slayers wraps on rook. This is pretty indicative how good you are.

February 2, 2010 1:14:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Shitty review. While he does have some point with item balance being borked, he clearly is CLUELESS about them. I saw mards hammer slayers wraps on rook. This is pretty indicative how good you are.

Why does it matter how good player he is?

Everything he said in the review is accurate, so I dont see why it is "shitty".

February 2, 2010 1:45:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because obviously only teh el1te prosz can review games. You can't just play games for fun morpheas! You have to delve into them and slaughter your opponents with ruthless efficiency in order to give a competent review.

This post is incredibly sarcastic.

February 3, 2010 2:45:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting milo896,
I thought your review was good, WarlokLord. You touch on many subjects and have accurate points. I think you missed one important point, though, and that is that demigods are not balanced against eachother. This is a pretty important point.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Inclusion of several nice screenshots definitely adds a nice touch.

That is not true, actually, because comparing to other games, Demigod has pretty balanced heroes, over each other. I am not saying that it is really balanced (there can never be perfect balance, as opinions differ). but overall and comparing to other games it IS.

February 4, 2010 12:35:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys. I agree too that there are a few things about Demigod I could have discussed, but then there are always aspects of a subject one neglects to mention.  Always (!)...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.