The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Clans - Clan pacov

By on January 31, 2010 2:29:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's another post that cover's alot of this, but this thread is specifically for clan pacov.  Here's the other thread:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374590

Here we go:  there aren't alot of demigod clans out there.  The game CURRENTLY has less than 500 people that play together at any given time online.  I can't back that number up, but I think that's fairly reasonable based on what I've seen.  Out of those 500 or so players, many of those players many have bad connections and some outright cheat.  You probably don't want to play with them.  I probably don't either.  So, getting a group of people together that don't cheat or have bad connections is a pretty good idea IMO.  Plus, coordinating a team in demigod is MUCH easier if you have voicechat.  Let's do that too. So - players with good connections + players that use voicechat (at least to listen in) = clan pacov.  Its pretty much an all welcome scenario so long as you fit that criteria.  Here's the info you need to join voicechat:

Here is where you can download the client (its free):   http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Here are instructions on how to use ventrilo to connect to a server:  http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php

Here is the public vent info: 

Lagwars vent
Hostname:  Oxygen.typefrag.com
Port:  50216

Once you join the vent, PM someone in clan pacov.  Each of our channels are password protected but there are plenty of public channels to idle in and people clan pacov check out the pub channels from time to time.

Here's what we deliver.  You get more balanced games with people that don't cheat.  I regularly balance games out to encourage more people to play with and against us.  

Ask questions if you have them and any clan pacov specific discussions belong here (casual, serious, etc).

Clan Pacov Mission Statement:

Clan pacov isn't about forming team super premade.  Its about frequently getting fun games going and occassionally getting some really competitive games going as well.  We welcome like minded, non-devisive individuals interested in playing games on a semi-regular basis.  We don't welcome people who cheat at games.  We will mix up teams to make things fun.  We will all generally be using voicechat.  We will play with and against each other.  We will play with and against other clans.

FYI - the clan channel is most active between 6PM-2AM EST daily, but people are on all hours of the days

+161 Karma | 472 Replies
January 31, 2010 2:29:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

January 31, 2010 6:11:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait does this mean I can add a clan tag !?!?!?!?!?

January 31, 2010 6:25:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,
Wait does this mean I can add a clan tag !?!?!?!?!?

You always could, but its not required.

February 1, 2010 1:25:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FYI guys - this clan is pretty much wide open.  If you want to give it a try, please join the vent and even just listen in and play again.  I'm reasonably confident that just about everyone who's playing is having a good time.

February 1, 2010 9:04:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Best games of DG I've played.

Speaking of which:

Pacov! I still feel terrible about my wall unit arriving in the middle of that random game.

I think we were doing BAD ASS as DA/QoT vs DA/Sed. Epic fight for that first flag. I want to point out that they both got BotF and neither of us did. Here's to not using lame items!

February 1, 2010 11:01:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played in some fun games yesterday just listening in on vent. The best part is that they're 300% more even than PUG games. Oh and Synn singing during the loading screens helped fight off the boredom.

February 1, 2010 11:01:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want it.

P.S. Queen>>>> Sedna in 1vs1/2vs2, and DA is useless in 2vs2. so it's not that incredible.

February 1, 2010 11:16:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Were you in the fight?

NO!

February 1, 2010 11:49:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Synnsinging is hilarious. 

It's still true though, way more damage more siege capability and almost unkillable to mere pounces.

February 1, 2010 11:54:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So you saw the fight? It wasnt good?

You didn't. It was a crazy good fight. It was from level 1-4. Took about 2 minutes for the first flag cap AFTER we got there.

So yes, it was a fantastic fight, extreamly even. I honestly don't care who can do what if the fights were fun.

February 1, 2010 12:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov! I still feel terrible about my wall unit arriving in the middle of that random game.

Life sometimes happens when we are playing games.  No worries.

February 1, 2010 1:03:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fine. It was fantastic. Me and my obsession with game balance.

February 1, 2010 1:03:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fine. It was fantastic. Me and my obsession with game balance.  

February 2, 2010 2:29:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hmmm... maybe more favor mod games today.  Had about 5 of them yesterday.  Good fun.  I'm swearing off the uberfix mod until a new version comes out... too many desyncs to make it worthwhile at this point. 

February 2, 2010 2:42:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's one up now pacov

2:42PM EST - Shiro is hosting

February 2, 2010 3:01:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
There's one up now pacov

pacov = working and hitting up the forums occassionally.  I won't be on until later. I'll host or join a game if up then.

February 2, 2010 3:59:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Splitshadow,
reply 15
There's one up now pacov

pacov = working and hitting up the forums occassionally.  I won't be on until later. I'll host or join a game if up then.
You missed it...we had a tower with 50K hp and 1k aoe dmg a hit it was hilarious...

February 2, 2010 4:05:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol!

February 2, 2010 4:07:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You missed it...we had a tower with 50K hp and 1k aoe dmg a hit it was hilarious...

High towers + that architect bonus.... OMG....

I'm guessing that might be something that needs a wee bit of balancing

February 2, 2010 11:37:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had some more fun games tongiht.  A couple frustrating ones where we lost some players due to some demicrashes.  We need to get a little better at accepting challenges from the other clans, though.  I was invited to a 2v2 with orcun but passed as i prefer 3v3 and > games anymore, but I think Jongalt may have gotten a game in with him with omicron.  Not sure.    The only one in my little clan that I know for sure loves 2v2's is just hedgie.  Anyway, so long as were not in game and I've got at least one of kalel/trouser/hedgie/jon available, I'll accept the 3v3 challenge to get things going. 

Oh, and any of you other clans.  If we happen to have people on and none of your clanmates are online, please feel free to come down and play with us.  We won't put you with crappy teammates anymore than we'd put ourselves with them.  Its fun to play with your clan, but so long as you can play at all, that's good stuff.

February 3, 2010 8:36:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm okay with 2v2 but I'm very picky. I need a good ally that is a general and I pretty much need the top 3 off the field. I've played far too many 2v2 rook/qot or rook/oculus vs. LE/Oak, LE/UB, UB/Oak.

February 3, 2010 8:47:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm okay with 2v2 but I'm very picky. I need a good ally that is a general and I pretty much need the top 3 off the field. I've played far too many 2v2 rook/qot or rook/oculus vs. LE/Oak, LE/UB, UB/Oak.

Yeah - I just find 2v2 to be a little boring.  At the higher level games, you generally are very limited in who you can play as (though hearing hedgie and thundercles pull out a win with tb/sedna against good opponents is good stuff.  I'd normally think that combo to be a quite the disadvantage against UB/Erb). 

February 3, 2010 8:50:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Pacov debates whether or not to start using clan tag CP_Pacov.  hmmm...

February 3, 2010 9:22:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Perhaps this is something that should be discussed?  While I think you should make the final decision getting trousers, kalels, mine and paints opinion on the subject could be beneficial. 

j

February 3, 2010 9:39:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov debates whether or not to start using clan tag CP_Pacov.  hmmm...

That would be somewhat redundant.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.