The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

UberFix v1.02

By on January 23, 2010 11:15:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UberFix

The UberFix is a compilation of bugfixes for Demigods version 1.2. The patches incorporated into the mod
are listed below along with the creator of the patch.

Download:

v1.02

Installer format: www.box.net (Recommended Download)

filesize: 334,609 bytes

MD5 Checksum: 5322667e9be4dbd0fc9cb44823a6dc81

Source Code: www.box.net

Old Versions

v1.01

Installer format: www.box.net

filesize: 322,544 bytes (Downloaded 223 times)

Source Code: www.box.net

v1.00

Downloaded 178 times 

zip format:  16.5 KB  v1.00 Mediafire  v1.00 Box.net  

exe format: 301.2KB v1.00 Box.net  

Currently Included Patches

Uberfix 1.02 

1. Lord Erebus Poisoned Blood Potion Fix by Ptarth
    • Poisoned Blood Potions can no longer be used by Lord Erebus to farm himself. He and his teammates treat his Poisoned Blood Potions as regular potions now.
  2. Oculus Electrocution Fix by Ptarth
    • Health and Mana regeneration are now correctly stopped.
  3. Torch Bearer Projectile slowdown Fix by Ptarth
    • Toch Bearer's fireballs and fireblasts now correctly accelerate to maximum speed when their target moves a great distance. This includes his Fireball Ability.
  4. Unclean Beast Ooze Suicide Fix by Ptarth
    • Ooze now correctly ends when the Unclean Beast is low on Health.
  5. Oculus Sacrifice Fix by Ptarth
    • Sacrifice now will heal allied units.
  6. Unclean Beast Post Mortem Plague Conflict Fix by Exxcentric
    • Plague I and II no longer remove the Post Mortem death effect.
  7. Rook Move Attack Fix by Ptarth
    • Rook now attacks while moving correctly.

UberFix 1.01

1. Lord Erebus Mist Form Fix by Ptarth
    • updated to end when mana drops below 125.
  2. ZikFix (Zikurat Tower Fix) by mrappard
    • The Dark side towers on Zikurat while playing Conquest now spawn correctly, instead of at warscore 6.
  3. Orb of Veiled Storms Fix by Ptarth (bug reported by awuffleablehedgie)
    • The Orb of Veiled Storms now deals ArmorImmune damage like every other demigod ability and weapon ability (except for the Doomspite Grips and Girdle of Giants, which have a cleave attack).

UberFix 1.00

1. Minion +hp Fix by Ptarth
    • Minions summoned by Demigods Generals [Sedna, Lord Erebus, Oak, Queen of Thorns, Oculus] with +minion hp items now have the correct health
  2. Oculus Brain Storm Fix by Ptarth
    • Brain Storm now has a visual effect at all levels, instead of only when Oculus has Mental Agility
    • Brain Storm now removes debuffs on targeted unit as specified by the rollover tooltip text
  3. Queen of Thorns Attack Animation Glitch Fix by Ptarth
    • Reduced the lifetime of the QoT's root attack animation to make the animation look better.
    • This is only a cosmetic change.
  4. Oculus Lightning Ball Summons Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Balls will no longer summon in map void space.
  5. Oculus Lightning Blast Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Blast now occurs at the origin of the target instead of the origin of the unit that procs the effect.
  6. Missing Oculus Shield Effect Fix by Ptarth
    • Oculus now has a visible Shield effect.
  7. Heart of Life and Wings of the Seraphim Healing ends effect Fix by Ptarth (awuffleablehedgie provided starter code)
    • The Heart of Life and Wings of Seraphim no longer stop their regeneration effects when the user is healed.
  8. Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger Partial Fix by Ptarth
    • Changed the Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger so they can be used, although it isn't perfect.

Current Buglist (Todo list: Verified and replicatable)

1. Rook Shoulder weapons having target locking issues
    • I thought I had something to fix it. However, I'm having problems replicating the effect to test it.
  2. Fix the skill queue.
    •  Eg, if you tell a UB to grasp he tries to get into melee range and execute the grasp. If you tell him to spit, then it gets thrown to the back of the skill queue and he doesn't spit, he continues to follow like an r'tard. To fix it you have to issue a move command, then spit.
    • AbilityTask.lua has the functions related to this. There are many interesting things in it.
    • After finishing a command the demigod reverts to an attack/move order if previously moving towards a target
  3. AA targeting issues
    • Like how Oak frequently swings with his Axe and does no damage or how Sedna will stand by a target without attacking
    • This may be linked to the Rook Shoulder weapon problem or the command queue
    • (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356419)
    • Demon Assassin stops auto-attack after warp strike. It should continue to attack the locked target... this would be natural.
  4. Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war.
  5. Demigods do not resume auto-attack immediately or change targets after using an ability.
  6. UB Post Mortem damage does not count as UB damage for the purpose of awarding gold.
  7. Move order is canceled when using effects (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356694). The move order is turned into an auto-attack order.
  8. Inaccurate health bar on zoom in (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356347)
  9. Language for engine messages (xxx has left, xxx has joined...) in game lobby uses the hosts language setting (this should be the users language setting): my russian is a bit rusty!
  10. Torchbearer respawns in Ice mode by default. This should be the last used mode (Fire/Ice)! Same for QoT.
  11. Queuing to grab a potion and then being Foul Grasped while picking up the potion and then UB getting Shadow Swaps allows you to pick up the potion instantly as long as you have contiguous line of sight. I've been able to do this roughly 25 in-game yards away.
  12. When a demigod switches primary weapon the window information doesn't update properly (mainly a QoT issue)
    1. This is a visual glitch, the weapon does change, but the window does not update correctly.
  13. Oculus cannot autoattack directly beneath him

Bugs Requiring Research List (requires verification and a reliable replication method)

1. Light/Dark capping all flags creates "Invalid Game State" error (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362132)
    1. This happens enough to know that there is an issue, but without a way to replicate it reliably it is beyond me to fix
  2. Torch Bearer's stat progression for PermaFrost Movement Debuff is 3%/10%/15%. It should probably be 5%/10%/15%
  3. "War Score" display at each teams' citadel is incorrect.
    • It shows the average of the two teams' warscore, it really should show just yours.
    • The citadels look to upgrade correctly.
  4. Minions still get stuck in citadels
    • Need a map person to look into hedgie's proposed fix idea
  5. Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
  6. Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
  7. Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
  8. Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
  9. Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
  10. Pathing issues on Prison
  11. Selling Monk idols sometimes destroy summoning button
    • To replicate: Summon Monks, Sell Monks (while idol is recharging), Buy a different type of idol (siege archer or warrior, possibly any other item too), Buy new Monk Idol. I can't replicate this any more for some reason.

Current Unfixable Errors (Can't do list)

1. Sedna's low quality Silence effect causes speakers to silence
    1. Unfixable since we can't access and change the sound files
    2. Setting sound quality to medium fixes this for most people.
  2. Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth).
    1. This is not handleable within lua
  3. Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly.
    1. This is controlled by Impulse
  4. Overlay friend chat buttons constantly reappear.
    1. Controlled by Impulse
  5. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.
    1. Controlled by Impulse?
  6. demigods.exe is looking for version 1.20.211 but is version 1.20.214 with the last patch
    1. GPG compiles the exe
  7. warning: 00:03:04: Granny: FileReading (c:\Work\forge\main\code\src\libs\granny\granny_file_info.cpp(152): File has run-time type tag of 0x8000002d, which doesn't match this version of Granny (0x80000026).  Automatic conversion will be attempted.)
    info: 00:03:04: Total Material Count: 24 Total Mesh Count: 24
    info: 00:03:05: Can't find texture "/env/common/layers/none_normal.dds" -- trying fallback.
    1. Internal and Granny related, all GPG accessible only
  8. Oculus Stun Animation does not loop fluidly
    1. The animations are scripted in Granny which we don't have access to.
  9. Demon Assassin's movie on the character select screen was filmed using the wrong skin.
    1. The movie was made using Granny and Bink, we don't have access to Granny
  10. Assorted replay playback issues
  11. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.

Current Nonbugs (Feature List)

1. Mana/Health loss on item drop (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360939)
    • Working as intended I believe
  2. Oak's Shield can be interrupted
    • This is most likely a lag effect
  3. Scroll of Restoration doesn't cure stuns
    • The scroll only affects debuffs, not stuns

Bugs Fixed by Previous Official Patches (SD & GPG fixed it list)(not complete, just ones that come up)

1. Match ending while dead results in "wind" effect persisting until game is closed.
  2. Sound looping issue (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356935).

Current Potential Additions to the BugFix (Addition list)
    1. SkillInfoMod
    2. AIMod by Peppe

Current Semi-Active Project Members

Ptarth - guy who does stuff

awuffleablehedgie - guy who finds bugs

UhelligGudn - new guy with lots of energy

Plea to Community

If we want Stardock and Gas Powered Games to increase their support of Demigods, we need to demonstrate our commitment and our willingness to support it. If we want to accomplish anything worthwhile to demonstrate our commitment, we need to work together. If you have time, please consider helping out. Every little bit helps.

+89 Karma | 519 Replies
April 26, 2010 10:17:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On Occ's auto-attack - this might have been covered previously, sorry if so, but -

Occ's auto-attack isn't target-dedicated if the primary target is out of range.  So if you select UB as the target, for example, but he is at range 25, then Occ will treat it as an attack-move, and attack every available enemy target while moving up to the UB.  

Occ's attack speed is pretty low, so if you are trying to kite somebody but shoot at that mino instead it gets kinda frustrating.

Thanks 

April 26, 2010 10:35:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have assumed everyone has seen this thread but I had forgotten about it completely:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/379675/page/4

It seems GPG is working on some of these bugs already (Oculus not attacking below is a bug apparently!) does anyone know if it's worth waiting for these changes, or at least trying to fix things not on this list first to avoid wasting our efforts on things that may be officially patched sometime soon? Can anyone get progress on how this official change list is going?

Edit:

I just realized that hedgie is quite active in that thread, it would be great if GPG could fix all those bugs though it would take a good wack out of what we need to do. I wonder if we could get in contact with Frogboy and see if they could focus specifically on bugs we can't fix ourselves. That way we can actually get a patch with something rather than everything (if everything will take forever) and we can try and patch the rest ourselves and then maybe get that put in an official patch. What is the status in terms of getting this patch integrated with the game how much discussion has been made with Stardock/GPG people?

April 26, 2010 12:06:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/379675/page/4 and re:https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315/get;2597455

The list Frogboy posted was actually formed predominately from the list I created. I've updated the OP so the cross references don't match up, but if you look at the list you can see references to #8 and so forth. These were the original bug numbers on my list. This isn't to say that there were some additional bugs added (there were, and I included after Frogboy posted them).

I've been avoiding posting in that post because I don't people to get upset over what is and is not being done. The commitments from SD have been some assurances that Frogboy is still supporting Demigod and that he will try to get the UberFix added into the base install. His language has been nebulous if this would be as an official patch or as an addon mod. I've also been in contact with Sorian and he has promised to look in on us every now and then and has answered some questions about Demigod code. He was relatively recently hired and is only familiar with the DA & Oculus updates. However, he has been kind enough to question some of the original team for me. I haven't bothered him with many questions because I don't want to overwhelm him with things.

Also, GPG just released Supreme Commander 2, which means they are focusing on it with all of their resources. I don't think there are any immediate plans to work on Demigod until they have fixed Supreme Commander 2. I've requested documentation for Demigod, however the question was never directly addressed. I'm taking this as meaning the documentation does not exist, it was not available to my source, or it is for in house use only. Given how the Supreme Commander 1's modding community is treated, I'm guessing either the first or the last. It is understandable that GPG wouldn't want to give away industry secrets though.

re: Thread Organization

I've tried to organize the thread, but there is only so much I can do with the manpower I have available to me. Including full documentation links in the OP sounds like a good idea, but it is going to be a lot of work. I'm not sure having a bug tracking system would be necessary at this point. At one point in time there was a Demigod modding site which I put some time and effort into updating. However it went down and disappeared. That annoyed me, but I understand. If someone wants to go ahead and recreate the buglist adding in the appropriate thread references, I'll be glad to update the OP.

re: SD & GPG Help

Several months ago Frogboy did a monthly question and answer post (he sadly stopped doing it without warning, but given the horrendous community backlash against completely fair answers it was also understandable). I'm tempted to try to get a list like that operational and send it to GPG to see if we can find some answers. There are a number of problems with this though.

• It would take a large amount of time to compile and organize the list.
  • It would require grammar and syntax styling to make it useful and appropriately referenced.
  • It would take a large amount of time for GPG to answer them.
  • It would not be financial viable for GPG to do it, and would only be done with developers free time.
  • GPG has no obligation to answer these questions and it is offensive to think that we deserve the answers.
  • Including all of the issues would make the size of the list intimidating and would be unlikely to encourage responding.

One of the biggest problems is that people think that GPG and SD owe us something, they don't. They made Demigod. It is a playable game. It does have some issues, but for the most part it works. If we want to get something done, we need to do it ourselves and then ask GPG/SD for help after we have demonstrated how much we are willing to work. GPG/SD write code for their livelihood. It is unreasonable to demand they perform work that they will not be paid for. Anything they do is essentially for charity, and a business ran for charity doesn't feed your family.

re:Oculus Autoattack on Out of Range target converting to AttackMove

This isn't exactly true. I've tested before and I retested it just now to make sure. The behavior is not displayed. However, what I think you are seeing is the same attack order issue that hedgie has reported with the QoT. I still haven't been able to follow his directions to duplicate it, but I'm willing to believe it does exist. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it, nor the situation that causes it to occur.

April 26, 2010 7:32:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RE: Posts & SD/GPG Help

That would certainly explain the similarities I saw I know both Stardock and GPG are busy with new games and if they had displayed no intention to fix these bugs I wouldn't have even considered them dedicating more time to the game than they could afford, it makes no business sense to do so. However if they do intend to fix them it does seem more economical to interface with the mod community who is essentially doing the work for them, while it still takes time, it takes less time, which would obviously be more economical.

Of course it all depends on how much SD/GPG intend to continue supporting the game, they have already done more than I expected considering what could be considered a fairly small fan base, the two extra Demigods actually materialized and they have fixed quite a number of bugs already. The fact we can mod the game at all is a big contribution they have allowed us to try and fix these bugs. It certainly would be nice if they could find time to help out the game, it seems such a shame that there is so little post-release love for games but I guess it makes sense when the game isn't really generating any new income. I mean they just had to sell it for $5 just to get people to buy it, the margins on that can't be great

RE: Thread Organisation

Totally understandable, the offer is there if we ever need a better system but it is a lot of work so I hardly expect people to be clamoring to help out, I suppose it would be best to have some sort of "questions" thread perhaps, where people could mention they were going to look into a bug, or how to go about doing something, and could get a reply. Then it would only need to be organized on a need-to-know basis, could just find various links to help the person if it already existed etc then. Seems to be the least work while keeping this thread clear for discussion without having to go over things not currently on the agenda.

April 26, 2010 10:46:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can try to get a Mantis server up on my secnodary computer if you would like. It's been forever since I've looked into setting one up so no promises. I use JiRA at work and love it but I don't think there is a free version of that. 

It would probably be extremely useful migrating to a bug-server rather than forcing Ptarth to keeping this up-to-date since he is the only one able to post things. 

But you guys will have to wait for Ubuntu 10.4 to come out in 3 days ~~~

April 27, 2010 12:08:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: Bug List Maintence

• According to Wikipedia there is a free version of JiRA.
  • Apparently awuffeablehedgie is holding out on us, if he works with in an environment that uses a network bug tracker, has multiple computers, and runs Linux. I think he should do more coding.
  • We could also consider using Google Code. This way if anyone every leaves the project abruptly, we would still have everything in place.
  • If someone wants to start organizing the buglist and creating a list of post links, they are welcome to start. I'd love to not have to do it.
April 27, 2010 12:25:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would do more coding if we had a Subversion server set up and we could commit at will. 

Though I won't promise that Sedna's heal I may be 6000 instead of 600. oops :3

April 27, 2010 3:51:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

RE: Version Control/Bug Tracker

We could use GitHub (as to not need to fiddle setting up SVN) if you guys wanted it's free if its open source which this would be, and I much prefer Git over Subversion for ease of use anyways. I'm happy with any bug tracker I don't really have a preference there, I usually use BaseCamp but that isn't free so...

April 27, 2010 5:29:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I spent about a half hour trying to fix some formatting in the OP for the buglist, but I gave up in the end. If we do transfer over to Google or something else, this work would be redundant, so I'm skipping it for now.

1.03 Patch List (unreleased)

1. Knockback XP fix by Ptarth
    1. Units that die because of knockback should now reward experience and gold correctly.
  2. QoT and TB Form fix by UhelligGudn
    1. QoT and TB should now come back to life in the same form they died in.
  3. Selling Favor Item Fix by Ptarth
    1. Useable Favor items can no longer be sold.
  4. Regulus Maim Fix by Ptarth
    1. Regulus will no longer maim allies.
April 27, 2010 5:38:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I spent about a half hour trying to fix some formatting in the OP for the buglist

i know what you mean... I HATE updating lists on these forums... always something crazy happens...

April 27, 2010 7:20:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heh I like my description in the post Amen on the updating lists, who knows what goes on with this weird forum I have posts disappearing, my number of Karma bounces up and down all the time, and editing threads sometimes just does absolutely nothing.

Edit:

I'm thinking of tackling the health bar zoom problem next, has anyone looked into this already? I'm hoping this is something that should be LUA only so it should hopefully be fixable without running into a dead end.

April 27, 2010 7:46:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: health bar sizes

• I looked into this a while back, but didn't get very far before getting distracted.
  • To reproduce the bug.
    • Turn on health bars using ~.
    • Reduce your demigod's life to 50% of maxhealth.
    • Zoom in and out and notice how the health bar changes. The visual display is not consistent across zoom levels.
  • I don't remember the functions and file names, however I'm pretty sure it is in /lua/UI/
April 27, 2010 7:58:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
re: health bar sizes

I looked into this a while back, but didn't get very far before getting distracted.
To reproduce the bug.

Turn on health bars using ~.
Reduce your demigod's life to 50% of maxhealth.
Zoom in and out and notice how the health bar changes. The visual display is not consistent across zoom levels.

I don't remember the functions and file names, however I'm pretty sure it is in /lua/UI/

Yeah it happens to me in game all the time because I'm zoomed out so far and it's really annoying, so I figured I'd fix the bugs that annoy me most first

Edit:

After much hopeful searching it appears that there is no way to adjust the life bars that float over each units head. There is a way to modify how far away from the player the health bar floats, but that is about it. You can modify the players HUD health bars, but it appears that the unit health bars are not only rendered in game, but there isn't even a call in the LUA to the render health bars function, it is however toggled on or off with ConExecute('UI_RenderUnitBars true') then the game does the rest of sorting out what bar to show and how to render them. Fairly disappointing really, someone may wish to spend a little while looking over this error just to make sure I am not mistake but it seems yet another bug headed for the "undo-able" pile.

If anyone is interested in a head-start on checking this issue, as far as I can tell they are referenced as "lifebars" in terms of the function that is called when the tilde key is pressed, then that calls the renderunitbars function which essentially just leads to a wall. I also looked for any functions that may have set the values and then render just rendered based on those values (since it would make sense that render didn't do calculations) but I cannot find any such location of calculations or values, only values to position the health bar.

I figured since I failed at fixing up the Health Bars issue I may tackle either or both of these, any information on specifics would be helpful or any failed or otherwise attempts at such bugs.

1. Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war.

2. When a demigod switches primary weapon the window information doesn't update properly (mainly a QoT issue)
    1. This is a visual glitch, the weapon does change, but the window does not update correctly
April 29, 2010 2:58:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re:UhelligGudn on lifebars

That's about what I found. I recall a few other things in the UI folder that looked promising, but nothing definite.

re:UhelligGudn on Other bugs

I'm pretty sure they have Lua solutions. I'd put them on the low end of my list because they did not effect gameplay.

re: Oculus Blast Off

So, I was toying around with Oculus and found out that his Blast Off is bugged. Only his level 4 Blast Off has a knock back effect, while the tooltip says all levels should get it. The question is, is the tooltip bugged or is the ability? I also am downgrading my bug reports for missing this.

April 30, 2010 4:53:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

info: 00:18:29: Setting audio parameter 'WARSCORE' to value '2.000000'
debug: 00:18:53: Loading module '\000/lua/usermusic.lua\000'
warning: 00:19:04: Error running lua script: ...games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\system\localization.lua(131): invalid option to `format'
         stack traceback:
             [C]: in function `format'
             ...games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\system\localization.lua(131): in function `LOCF'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\sim\flagunit.lua(72): in function `ArmyLosingFlag'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\sim\flagunit.lua(324): in function `CaptureFlag'
             ...dgdata.zip\units\un\b\unbflag01\unbflag01_script.lua(12): in function `CaptureFlag'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\sim\flagunit.lua(266): in function <...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\sim\flagunit.lua:112>
warning: 00:19:07: Checksum for beat 1650 mismatched: 0a254d73fbf10e82829d8c3649e6ef5e (sim) != 0940ce107389c3ee3b311a3effd92a28 (pacov).
debug: 00:19:07: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/dialogs/desync.lua\000'
warning: 00:19:13: Checksum for beat 1700 mismatched: 6e3b631901d9c7871a3f3bc4d2867bf3 (sim) != 4e3fc9c5aca336a4d1c793b58e97e088 (pacov).
info: 00:19:16: Closing connection to Pc:54386:54386 because of end of input
info: 00:19:16: Eject of pacov[28414] requested by NeVeR-FuCKWiT-aOaK[70326]
info: 00:19:16: Sending conn info

Log from test me and pacov did

Exactly how it happends:

One side caps all the flags, then if enemy caps one flag the audio file "forces of ... control the map" plays and desync occur.

Funny thing that I have noticed is forces of light will always get this error at first time when playbacking "forces of ... control the map" while it takes 3 or 4 times for the forcess of darkness for this to occur.

April 30, 2010 4:59:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh btw.

Cataract, no mod, no nat problem. Come back on vent lets test other map or maps.

April 30, 2010 5:29:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

another thing.

"info: 00:19:54: LOBBY: Processing LOBMSG_PublicScriptData message
info: 00:19:54: GI = \000{
info: 00:19:54:   GameMods={ },
info: 00:19:54:   GameOptions={
info: 00:19:54:     GameType="conquest",
info: 00:19:54:     conquest={
info: 00:19:54:       AiGoldXPValue="Low",
info: 00:19:54:       AiHitpoints="VeryHigh",
info: 00:19:54:       DeathPenalty="Normal",
info: 00:19:54:       ExperienceRate="Normal",
info: 00:19:54:       FlagCaptureTime="Moderate",
info: 00:19:54:       FogOfWar="explored",
info: 00:19:54:       GameSpeed="normal",
info: 00:19:54:       GoldIncome="High",
info: 00:19:54:       GruntStrength="Low",
info: 00:19:54:       ScenarioFile="/maps/map05/map05_scenario.lua",
info: 00:19:54:       SpawnRate="Normal",
info: 00:19:54:       StartingGold="Rich",
info: 00:19:54:       StartingLevel="Twenty",
info: 00:19:54:       StartingWarRank="1",
info: 00:19:54:       Timeouts="0",
info: 00:19:54:       TowerStrength="Normal",
info: 00:19:54:       Victory="conquest",
info: 00:19:54:       WarScoreIncome="Normal",
info: 00:19:54:       achievements="true"
info: 00:19:54:     },"

This is from log when I hosted the game. My question is: can we thru mod disable achivment rekording by swithing info: 00:19:54:       achievements="true" to false?

I know is not really a bug fix but - currently stats are broken and by habing mod that allows you to play unranked games will somehow be a solution. Sorry i have never created mod so i cant really help much with this.

April 30, 2010 5:38:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a copy paste from another thread in case its useful.

Ok - I'm guessing ptarth is going to post something in more detail later, but yes, this bug apparently does exist.  It is reproducible and it is based on map control.  I made quite a few tests with irek to confirm and yup, it happens.  The issue occurs, without a doubt, between the russian and us versions of the game.  That's the reason why I could never reproduce the bug - it doesn't appear to exist in US to US games. 

So - here's the basics on how it happens.

At least 1 user has a US copy of the game.  At least 1 user has a Russian copy of the game.

1 team takes all of the flags.  The other team reclaims 1 flag.  Boom.  Invalid game state.  It seemed to happen almost immediately when the forces of light are the team that is taking all of the flags.  If forces of dark took all of the flags, then light took 1, it didn't always happen immediately.  Sometimes swap the flags a few times.

I tested this with irek using a map that ptarth created that moves all flags to middle of the map.  Once that triggered invalid gamestates consistently, we played an unmodified cataract and the invalid gamestate still occurs (i was light - took all flags, then irek, on dark, took 1 flag). 

So, its reproducible.  As far as a precise fix, something is probably off in the Russian localization file. Its unclear whether or not Russian v Russian games will have the same problem or not (but I'd think so).

April 30, 2010 7:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So the conditions sufficient to reproduce the Critical Game state.

•      Friday
  •      1v1
  •      4 AM in Australia vs 12:00 PM in California
  •      NAT vs no-NAT
  •      Russian Version vs English Version
  •      Modified Version of Cataract
  •      Light player captures all of the flags and then a flag returns to neutral (Dark player captures one)
  •      WindowsXP vs Windows 7
  •      Irek vs Ptarth

I'm looking at the logs to try to make sense of what is going on. The best clue I currently have is that after the Forces of Light have complete flag control and they lose one of their flags, a localization error occurs. A critical game state then occurs 1-6 seconds after this event. This was replicated 5 times, so I'm pretty sure it is real.

I found the problem

The string definitions used in Demigod are case sensitive. This can lead to problems, one of which is when two strings exist that only differ by in case only. In the following I show examples of this, as well as what is most likely causing the problem. The following are excerpts from strings_da.lua from the English, French, and Russian string_db.lua files.

English

•     * FLAG_0000="Cooldown times reduced by [GetCooldownBonus]% for the controlling team. Grants controlling team members access to the Celerity Battle Standard."
  •     * FLAG_0001="Cooldowns decreased."

French

•     * FLAG_0000="Temps de refroidissement réduits de [GetCooldownBonus]% pour l'équipe qui le contrôle. Fait profiter les membres de cette équipe de l'Etendard de Refroidissement."
  •     * FLAG_0001="Refroidissement accéléré."

Russian

•     * FLAG_0000="У команды, овладевшей флагом, перезарÑ??дка на [GetCooldownBonus]% быÑ??трее. Ð’Ñ??е члены команды получаÑ??Ñ‚ доÑ??туп к боевому флагу перезарÑ??дки."
  •     * FLAG_0001="ПерезарÑ??дка проходит быÑ??трее."

So, the first two entries, FLAG_0000 and FLAG_0001 are the tooltips for the Celerity Flag (I'm not sure they are used in game). Comparing across languages it is apparent that they are similar. Also, notice that all contain [GetCooldownBonus]. This is the syntax that is interpreting to allow the strings to referenced defined values in the blueprints. In this case, GetCooldownBonus is defined in the blueprint of whatever calls FLAG_0000.

Now, let's look at another set of strings.

English

•     * flag_0000="The Forces of Light control the map!"
  •     * flag_0001="The Forces of Darkness control the map!"

French

•     * flag_0000="Les Forces de la Lumière contrôlent la carte !"
  •     * flag_0001="Les Forces des Ténèbres contrôlent la carte !"

Russian

•     * flag_0000="У команды, овладевшей флагом, перезарÑ??дка на [GetCooldownBonus]% быÑ??трее. Ð’Ñ??е члены команды получаÑ??Ñ‚ доÑ??туп к боевому флагу перезарÑ??дки."
  •     * flag_0001="ПерезарÑ??дка проходит быÑ??трее."

Notice that the French and English strings match. Now, check out the Russian version (at least I assume it is Russian). Notice that flag_0000 contains [GetCooldownBonus] only in the Russian version. Also notice that FLAG_0000 and flag_0000 for the Russian versions are identical. I believe that happened is that flag_0000 was replaced by FLAG_0000 somehow. When flag_0000 is called it then wants to call have [GetCooldownBonus] defined. However, since GetCooldownBonus is not defined, it errors out and causes a desync.

The solution is to fix the strings_db.lua for the Russian version by removing the [GetCooldownBonus] from flag_0000. Ideally you'd want to replace the faulty string with the correct one, but either way the problem would be resolved.

FIX RELEASED Beta (but I'm pretty sure it works)

If you use the Russian localized version of Demigod, the following will fix your problem:

1. Find the following files:
    1.  ..\Demigod\loc\RU\strings_db.lua
    2.  ..\Demigod\loc\strings_db.lua
  2. Make backups of those files.
  3. Download the fixed version of the Russian strings_db.lua
  4. You'll need to make 2 file replacements
    1. Replace ..\Demigod\loc\RU\strings_db.lua with the fixed version.
    2. Replace ..\Demigod\loc\strings_db.lua with the fixed version.
???????? ???????? ???????????????????? ??????????!
April 30, 2010 7:20:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ptarth - I assume this is something that can't be implemented via uberfix.  Is that correct?  Just curious if this fix requires a new build to get it out there (i know people can copy and paste the files).

April 30, 2010 9:16:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will be working on getting a server with JiRA up today since Ubuntu came out. 

The "free" version of Jira actually requires making a $10 donation to charity :-/ I'm going to work on finding a torrent unless someone decides to support me ^^;

There is a trial version so I'll be doing that at first. 

April 30, 2010 9:21:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, I know disabling achievement recording would significantly improve performance and reduce lag. Stardock's achievement webservers are horrendous and frequenly timeout and have massive latency which is terrible. 

April 30, 2010 10:25:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you need to replace the entire RU version with the US version? Surely you could just fix the problematic lines or such, wouldn't that be faster than re-translating it all? Or am I just confused?

May 1, 2010 12:34:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

okay, I have it running on my secondary notebook. I'm going to attempt to get it running on my PS3 right now, because I figure that PS3 will be better at just sitting there and I rarely play it anyway. 

Though, similiar to my notebook, it may have spontaneous outages. But less than if its on my notebook... 

May 1, 2010 2:26:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UhelligGudn,
Do you need to replace the entire RU version with the US version? Surely you could just fix the problematic lines or such, wouldn't that be faster than re-translating it all? Or am I just confused?

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone - if you just replace the RU version with the US version - that would work... but Russian speaking players would then hear and see US localizations (eg no more russian translations are spoken).  If you tell me the fix if for me to hear and read everything in german, I'd be pissy

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.