The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

UberFix v1.02

By on January 23, 2010 11:15:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ptarth

Join Date 02/2007
+90

UberFix

The UberFix is a compilation of bugfixes for Demigods version 1.2. The patches incorporated into the mod
are listed below along with the creator of the patch.

Download:

v1.02

Installer format: www.box.net (Recommended Download)

filesize: 334,609 bytes

MD5 Checksum: 5322667e9be4dbd0fc9cb44823a6dc81

Source Code: www.box.net

Old Versions

v1.01

Installer format: www.box.net

filesize: 322,544 bytes (Downloaded 223 times)

Source Code: www.box.net

v1.00

Downloaded 178 times 

zip format:  16.5 KB  v1.00 Mediafire  v1.00 Box.net  

exe format: 301.2KB v1.00 Box.net  

Currently Included Patches

Uberfix 1.02 

1. Lord Erebus Poisoned Blood Potion Fix by Ptarth
    • Poisoned Blood Potions can no longer be used by Lord Erebus to farm himself. He and his teammates treat his Poisoned Blood Potions as regular potions now.
  2. Oculus Electrocution Fix by Ptarth
    • Health and Mana regeneration are now correctly stopped.
  3. Torch Bearer Projectile slowdown Fix by Ptarth
    • Toch Bearer's fireballs and fireblasts now correctly accelerate to maximum speed when their target moves a great distance. This includes his Fireball Ability.
  4. Unclean Beast Ooze Suicide Fix by Ptarth
    • Ooze now correctly ends when the Unclean Beast is low on Health.
  5. Oculus Sacrifice Fix by Ptarth
    • Sacrifice now will heal allied units.
  6. Unclean Beast Post Mortem Plague Conflict Fix by Exxcentric
    • Plague I and II no longer remove the Post Mortem death effect.
  7. Rook Move Attack Fix by Ptarth
    • Rook now attacks while moving correctly.

UberFix 1.01

1. Lord Erebus Mist Form Fix by Ptarth
    • updated to end when mana drops below 125.
  2. ZikFix (Zikurat Tower Fix) by mrappard
    • The Dark side towers on Zikurat while playing Conquest now spawn correctly, instead of at warscore 6.
  3. Orb of Veiled Storms Fix by Ptarth (bug reported by awuffleablehedgie)
    • The Orb of Veiled Storms now deals ArmorImmune damage like every other demigod ability and weapon ability (except for the Doomspite Grips and Girdle of Giants, which have a cleave attack).

UberFix 1.00

1. Minion +hp Fix by Ptarth
    • Minions summoned by Demigods Generals [Sedna, Lord Erebus, Oak, Queen of Thorns, Oculus] with +minion hp items now have the correct health
  2. Oculus Brain Storm Fix by Ptarth
    • Brain Storm now has a visual effect at all levels, instead of only when Oculus has Mental Agility
    • Brain Storm now removes debuffs on targeted unit as specified by the rollover tooltip text
  3. Queen of Thorns Attack Animation Glitch Fix by Ptarth
    • Reduced the lifetime of the QoT's root attack animation to make the animation look better.
    • This is only a cosmetic change.
  4. Oculus Lightning Ball Summons Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Balls will no longer summon in map void space.
  5. Oculus Lightning Blast Fix by Ptarth
    • Lightning Blast now occurs at the origin of the target instead of the origin of the unit that procs the effect.
  6. Missing Oculus Shield Effect Fix by Ptarth
    • Oculus now has a visible Shield effect.
  7. Heart of Life and Wings of the Seraphim Healing ends effect Fix by Ptarth (awuffleablehedgie provided starter code)
    • The Heart of Life and Wings of Seraphim no longer stop their regeneration effects when the user is healed.
  8. Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger Partial Fix by Ptarth
    • Changed the Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger so they can be used, although it isn't perfect.

Current Buglist (Todo list: Verified and replicatable)

1. Rook Shoulder weapons having target locking issues
    • I thought I had something to fix it. However, I'm having problems replicating the effect to test it.
  2. Fix the skill queue.
    •  Eg, if you tell a UB to grasp he tries to get into melee range and execute the grasp. If you tell him to spit, then it gets thrown to the back of the skill queue and he doesn't spit, he continues to follow like an r'tard. To fix it you have to issue a move command, then spit.
    • AbilityTask.lua has the functions related to this. There are many interesting things in it.
    • After finishing a command the demigod reverts to an attack/move order if previously moving towards a target
  3. AA targeting issues
    • Like how Oak frequently swings with his Axe and does no damage or how Sedna will stand by a target without attacking
    • This may be linked to the Rook Shoulder weapon problem or the command queue
    • (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356419)
    • Demon Assassin stops auto-attack after warp strike. It should continue to attack the locked target... this would be natural.
  4. Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war.
  5. Demigods do not resume auto-attack immediately or change targets after using an ability.
  6. UB Post Mortem damage does not count as UB damage for the purpose of awarding gold.
  7. Move order is canceled when using effects (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356694). The move order is turned into an auto-attack order.
  8. Inaccurate health bar on zoom in (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356347)
  9. Language for engine messages (xxx has left, xxx has joined...) in game lobby uses the hosts language setting (this should be the users language setting): my russian is a bit rusty!
  10. Torchbearer respawns in Ice mode by default. This should be the last used mode (Fire/Ice)! Same for QoT.
  11. Queuing to grab a potion and then being Foul Grasped while picking up the potion and then UB getting Shadow Swaps allows you to pick up the potion instantly as long as you have contiguous line of sight. I've been able to do this roughly 25 in-game yards away.
  12. When a demigod switches primary weapon the window information doesn't update properly (mainly a QoT issue)
    1. This is a visual glitch, the weapon does change, but the window does not update correctly.
  13. Oculus cannot autoattack directly beneath him

Bugs Requiring Research List (requires verification and a reliable replication method)

1. Light/Dark capping all flags creates "Invalid Game State" error (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362132)
    1. This happens enough to know that there is an issue, but without a way to replicate it reliably it is beyond me to fix
  2. Torch Bearer's stat progression for PermaFrost Movement Debuff is 3%/10%/15%. It should probably be 5%/10%/15%
  3. "War Score" display at each teams' citadel is incorrect.
    • It shows the average of the two teams' warscore, it really should show just yours.
    • The citadels look to upgrade correctly.
  4. Minions still get stuck in citadels
    • Need a map person to look into hedgie's proposed fix idea
  5. Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
  6. Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
  7. Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
  8. Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
  9. Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
  10. Pathing issues on Prison
  11. Selling Monk idols sometimes destroy summoning button
    • To replicate: Summon Monks, Sell Monks (while idol is recharging), Buy a different type of idol (siege archer or warrior, possibly any other item too), Buy new Monk Idol. I can't replicate this any more for some reason.

Current Unfixable Errors (Can't do list)

1. Sedna's low quality Silence effect causes speakers to silence
    1. Unfixable since we can't access and change the sound files
    2. Setting sound quality to medium fixes this for most people.
  2. Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth).
    1. This is not handleable within lua
  3. Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly.
    1. This is controlled by Impulse
  4. Overlay friend chat buttons constantly reappear.
    1. Controlled by Impulse
  5. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.
    1. Controlled by Impulse?
  6. demigods.exe is looking for version 1.20.211 but is version 1.20.214 with the last patch
    1. GPG compiles the exe
  7. warning: 00:03:04: Granny: FileReading (c:\Work\forge\main\code\src\libs\granny\granny_file_info.cpp(152): File has run-time type tag of 0x8000002d, which doesn't match this version of Granny (0x80000026).  Automatic conversion will be attempted.)
    info: 00:03:04: Total Material Count: 24 Total Mesh Count: 24
    info: 00:03:05: Can't find texture "/env/common/layers/none_normal.dds" -- trying fallback.
    1. Internal and Granny related, all GPG accessible only
  8. Oculus Stun Animation does not loop fluidly
    1. The animations are scripted in Granny which we don't have access to.
  9. Demon Assassin's movie on the character select screen was filmed using the wrong skin.
    1. The movie was made using Granny and Bink, we don't have access to Granny
  10. Assorted replay playback issues
  11. Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start.

Current Nonbugs (Feature List)

1. Mana/Health loss on item drop (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360939)
    • Working as intended I believe
  2. Oak's Shield can be interrupted
    • This is most likely a lag effect
  3. Scroll of Restoration doesn't cure stuns
    • The scroll only affects debuffs, not stuns

Bugs Fixed by Previous Official Patches (SD & GPG fixed it list)(not complete, just ones that come up)

1. Match ending while dead results in "wind" effect persisting until game is closed.
  2. Sound looping issue (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356935).

Current Potential Additions to the BugFix (Addition list)
    1. SkillInfoMod
    2. AIMod by Peppe

Current Semi-Active Project Members

Ptarth - guy who does stuff

awuffleablehedgie - guy who finds bugs

UhelligGudn - new guy with lots of energy

Plea to Community

If we want Stardock and Gas Powered Games to increase their support of Demigods, we need to demonstrate our commitment and our willingness to support it. If we want to accomplish anything worthwhile to demonstrate our commitment, we need to work together. If you have time, please consider helping out. Every little bit helps.

Locked Post 519 Replies +12
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 12, 2010 5:52:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting things to note: First, this causes the game to lag ... horribly. I typically have a perfectly fluid game, and I run at 10 simspeed. I have an expensive computer, yes. Anyway, the frame rate drops to around 10, and it becomes incredibly jerky. I would guess it is because of it attempting to render the favor item (there is no treasure chest like when you drop a different item).

frame rate STAYS terrible or just for a few moments?

April 12, 2010 6:10:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov: it remains terrible. 

I was actually only half joking about the infinite gold glitch There is an issue with how a certain circle of events work out. I'm having a hard time figure out EXACTLY how to reproduce it reliably but I've done it twice so far on accident. I actually was 100% joking before I posted it, but I may be on to something now... 

It requires a critical mass of gold on hand (more than 2k) and it's time-consuming and requires certain favor items and demigods. You are also limited to doing it roughly once every 30 seconds. The more cash you have on hand when you begin the cycle the more you will get per cycle (eg, having 5k on hand would get you roughly 3k per cycle. Starting with 2k would only get you about 500). I know what terrible programmer assumption causes the issue, I'm just having difficulty figuring out where exactly it breaks in respect to which actions you take prior. 

April 12, 2010 6:44:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, turns out I was wrong (which is good!)

I have a replay demonstrating the bug in action, and it is a game-breaker in that if it happens to you it heavily punishes you depending on what happened. 

Since you can't see my clicks in replays, here are my steps to reproduce:

1- Select a General

2- Purchase any idol (I've been using siege gunners)

3- Summon the idols

4- Sell them using the cooldown-idol glitch I reported earlier today

5- Wait for 30 seconds for your cooldown timer to expire

6- Resummon idols, watch it "fizzle"

7- Open up the shop menu, and click Trinkets, then Narmoth's Ring. Then Armor and then Banded Armor

8- Right click the Siege Gunner symbol on your dashboard

---

Expected Behavior:

Nothing should happen, you're attempting to sell a non-existent item

Observed Behavior:

You sell your Narmoth's at it's refund value. (or whatever item you first purchased when you opened the shop dialog, if you had existing items already there)

---

What I thought was happening, initially, was you're selling the item you most recently purchased at the refund value of your idols. This could mean you could resell Scailmail at say, 1800 with Demolishers.

Replay: 

http://www.box.net/shared/au3n3ev5kl

April 12, 2010 9:10:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm...

I replicated as Hedgie instructed. I didn't see any error messages in the debug window. However, I think that it works as normal (it just is confused what you are selling).

However, when you sell your favor item in a similar manner, the following error continuous scrolls the debug window:

warning: 00:03:28: Evaluating LazyVar failed: error evaluating lazy variable: ... games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\layouthelpers.lua(133): error evaluating lazy variable: ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua(37): error evaluating lazy variable: ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua(35): circular dependency in lazy evaluation for variable [Set lazyvar.ExtendedErrorMessages for extra trace info]
         stack traceback:
             [C]: in function `error'
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(21): in function `Bottom'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua(35): in function <...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua:35>
             [C]: in function `pcall'
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(31): in function `Top'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua(37): in function <...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua:37>
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(31): in function `Bottom'
             ... games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\layouthelpers.lua(133): in function <... games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\layouthelpers.lua:133>
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(31): in function <...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua:18>
         Stack trace from definition: [Set lazyvar.ExtendedErrorMessages for extra trace info]

stack traceback:
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(37): in function `Top'
             ...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua(37): in function <...ardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\control.lua:37>
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(31): in function `Bottom'
             ... games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\layouthelpers.lua(133): in function <... games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\maui\layouthelpers.lua:133>
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(31): in function <...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua:18>
         Stack trace from definition: [Set lazyvar.ExtendedErrorMessages for extra trace info]

stack traceback:
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(37): in function `Bottom'

stack traceback:
             ...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua(37): in function <...es\stardock games\demigod\dgdata.zip\lua\lazyvar.lua:18>

Hmm... I remember finding an error message like this a while back and looking into it, but I don't remember what and when. I wonder what it was about. If I'd have to guess I say it is erroring out on trying to access an object that no longer exists.

Also for note: This is a flaw within Demigods 1.20, it isn't due to the UberFix.

April 12, 2010 9:37:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

Also for note: This is a flaw within Demigods 1.20, it isn't due to the UberFix.

I disable all mods when I test things, even UI. 

April 12, 2010 10:11:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know that you knew that. I just didn't want people coming in here and saying that the UberFix is broken because glitches things like selling your favor item. I've got a hard enough time hiding my own real mistakes.

April 13, 2010 1:01:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

had a look into this, you dont even need to buy an item at the shop to cause the favor item to bug, provided you have used the shop on one previous occassion and have purchased something and that your favor item is on cooldown.

Looking into it further but i cant seem to find a direct cause.

April 13, 2010 4:18:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A couple of interesting tidbits.

1. I can stop you from selling clickable achievement items with:

local MsgsFailure = import('/lua/ui/game/HUD_msgs_failure.lua').ShowFailureMsg

# Can the item specified be sold at the given shop?
function CanSellItem( shopper, shop, item )

local syncData = Common.GetSyncData(shopper)

if not item or item:GetParent() != shopper then
        WARN(shopper:GetUnitId(), " tried to sell an item they don't have.")
        return false
    elseif item.Blueprint.InventoryType and (item.Blueprint.InventoryType == 'Achievement') then
        return false
    end
    LOG(repr(item))
    return true
end

2. Apparently I've lost the ability to replicate the bug that glitches idols while you sell them from the UI. Can someone specify the circumstances that have to occur for you to reproduce it? I thought it was:

1. Buy Monk
  2. Summon Monk
  3. Sell Idol from UI before cooldown is over
  4. Buy potion
  5. Buy higher level monk
  6. Try to summon monk using UI and it fails

I still can reproduce the UI summon icon remaining after you sell the idol during cooldown. However, I can't seem to get the original bug to work now.

3. While I did find out how to prevent you from selling your achievement item. I haven't narrowed down why it even lets you have the option.

4. The tooltip for idols on the UI says you can drop them if you right click on them. This is fixable in tooltip.lua.

April 13, 2010 5:26:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The tooltip for idols on the UI says you can drop them if you right click on them. This is fixable in tooltip.lua.

Didn't it work that way once?  I think it did by design... maybe I'm remembering it wrong (either way, it does work that way now). 

April 13, 2010 5:27:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And hey - I'd like to use the latest version of uberfix and have you get the fug out of beta, but if you keep adding things... it ain't gonna happen... not that I don't love that you are finding and fixing more things

April 13, 2010 6:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fair enough. I'll release the 1.02c as the official 1.02.

• Files are now up.
  • Initial post is updated.
  • I've removed the downloads of the 1.02 betas.
  • Everyone will need to download the new version.
April 13, 2010 7:25:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

atta boy.  Danke!

April 14, 2010 5:03:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you want to add more fixes, just make a 1.03 beta version

April 14, 2010 5:02:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: 1.03b

I'm still working on things, no worries about that. 

Although I'd still love for others to help write their own fixes.

Did I mention the Uberfix offers a training program?

re:tournament

I wonder if I should have joined and added something like to the following to the 1.02 release

[code]

if unit.Playername == 'Ptarth'

damage = 0

end[/code]

I think it would have been funny.

re:selling idols prevents UI summoning

Still waiting on someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong in replicating this

re: Forces of XXX Control the Map

Still needs to be tested

April 14, 2010 6:25:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder if I should have joined and added something like to the following to the 1.02 release

[code]

if unit.Playername == 'Ptarth'

damage = 0

end[/code]

I think it would have been funny.

LMAO It would have been hilarious

April 14, 2010 6:28:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So Ptarth, did the Oc Brainstorm Purge make it into official 1.2?  Thanks for all your hard work.. 

April 14, 2010 6:44:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Out of pure curiosity, I would like to ask Ptarth a question:

How come you put so much effort and dedication in fixing almost every bug in Demigod? Is it because you like modding/bug-fixing or you just want to make it a better game for everyone that plays DG including yourself?

April 14, 2010 7:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: Brainstorm Fix

1.02 has the typo fix for Brainstorm to remove debuffs on the target. I included it in the documentation for 1.00, but apparently didn't implement it. It hadn't occurred to me that there was a problem with the targets for the debuff removal until pacov and Ke5trel pointed it out.

re: Why the UberFix?

A bunch of reasons really. </violins> It gives me a hobby of sorts. I like to code, to debug things, and to make things. I'm a big fan of Chris Taylor, not from his HardBall 3 days, but at least from his Total Annihilation days. I think Demigods got the short end of the stick when it comes to polishing, and it deserves a little better that what it got. BraveSirRobin, Ahnteis, Pawz and Silencer were modders who inspired me with their work with Total Annihilation. I figured I could do something as a tribute. I like the perversity of fixing issues of a game that seems to be mostly abandoned by its creators (but not its NA publisher). I like Stardock. I like Brad's policies on a number of things. I do it because I want my karma to be over 100 and higher than pacov's karma. And lastly, I do it because I want to demonstrate that individuals can make a huge difference in things. One person is enough to do many things. On that note, I still would love for more people to actively help out. Regardless, I'll still keep working in my own slow fashion. </violins>

April 14, 2010 7:54:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And lastly, I do it because I want to demonstrate that individuals can make a huge difference in things.

And you proved so, sir

April 14, 2010 9:13:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was thinking about the tourney. Although I'm fine with the current character selection pool, I still do think that certain combos are weaker than others. I made a small suggestion regarding having a third players act as a spectator who's only purpose would be to purchase regen, XP 1 or Currency for their team. I was wondering how complicated it would be to create a mod that would give a given side citadel upgrades as soon as they became valid (or earlier, even). 

Eg, if I have a "DarkSide Regen" mod, then Forces of Darkness begin the game with regen. This might be another way to help diversify character selection and see some of the less common demigod choices appear. Either starting with currency from the beginning of the game or getting it immediately at 3 at no cost to the players might be a significant enough of an incentive to see some of the less-obviously-strong combinations. 

April 14, 2010 9:20:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re: Brainstorm Fix

1.02 has the typo fix for Brainstorm to remove debuffs on the target. I included it in the documentation for 1.00, but apparently didn't implement it. It hadn't occurred to me that there was a problem with the targets for the debuff removal until pacov and Ke5trel pointed it out.

Great, thanks!

April 14, 2010 10:45:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

re:handicap mods

As I understand it, adding handicaps or advantages as you suggest are relatively trivial.

April 14, 2010 10:57:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do it because I want my karma to be over 100 and higher than pacov's karma.

you Son of a...

hehe... beer for you all the same

April 15, 2010 9:59:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*flex*

^^

April 15, 2010 8:28:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
*flex*

^^

only because Mumblefratz follows you around giving you karma on different forums to inflate your count...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: