The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Need help

By on January 16, 2010 7:25:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am relatively new to the game, and have actually done good until I started getting into games with UB. It seems to me that he is almost impossible to take on, Ive tired different builds and DGs, but I just cant beat the thing. Can any one provide any tips for taking him down? BTW I mainly play Oak.  

0 Karma | 7 Replies
January 16, 2010 8:10:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak is pretty weak early game, and he is one of the three demigods who BREATHES on levels: DA,TB,Oak. In order to compete with any tier 1 demigod they basically need to either be at a 1 or 2 level advantage or they need to be the same level, but a high level (say, 12  or so).

Assuming you're an Assassin Oak... the important thing for Oak is basically not to shop, if you at all can, until you have at least 4400 gold and level 8, though 3250, level 7 is also a good number. This means you aren't getting regen or currencfy which is something to really take into account, esp in your typical pug games. Until then, go mana, farm capping the mana and XP flags and kill all the creeps. Just power level the hell up.

Then, get Vlemish+Plenor, Banded+Scailmale, and some ports/sigils/locks whatever and rape face. For beast you need to really watch the creep waves and make sure you surge 'em for HP and a little extra push.

Also, remember the attack speed debuff of Ooze does'nt work when you're shielded. I know that blowing your shield halfway through combat is always dangerous, but UB's always have a sigil ( you should too of course ). Regardless, they pop a sigil, pop your shield. Shield is a third of the duration of a siggy for one thing and secondly if he is sigiling anyway he is probably losing and the shield should be just enough to push him away.

You can always shield away spit, etc. Just don't OPEN with a shield, that's a bad, bad idea.

Anyway, just power-level to win

January 16, 2010 10:05:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play as Erebus 1st. Oak is a great DG, but like hedgie says, he needs levels to come into his power. This is usually a problem for new players vs UB, since UB is easy to play and will prevent your Oak from reaching that potential without understanding the nuances of the game mechanics 1st.

As Erebus, 1 point in mist will greatly help you deal with spit.

Also, understanding of items as a new player is essential to deal with UB as Oak. Wrong items makes it impossible vs even an incompetent UB with a proper build. Take a look around the forums, I made a couple of items posts today.

January 16, 2010 10:11:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks peoples 

January 16, 2010 10:19:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to re-direct you to here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373486 lols

SO.

Don't let an enemy UB solo lane as he will lvl very fast, and he will own you very hard if he outlevels you to lvl 10.
Try not to let him get any early kills, as he will be unstoppable.
Try to not let him reach lvl 15, or he will be unstoppable (acclimation ability).
Don't go in a lane against him without a general's monk healing idol backing you up.

Be prepared for him to use a sigil at any time without warning to instant heal 3-4k hp (wears off after 20secs).

January 16, 2010 11:19:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I need to shut him down leveling wise? Lol awsome, thanks.

January 18, 2010 1:24:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

o I need to shut him down leveling wise? Lol awsome, thanks.

and you need to know what build he is playing... knowing that he only has ooze can save your life

January 18, 2010 8:10:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

spit + ooze maxed by lvl10 + grasp is the only UB build people should be using.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.