The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gentlemen, just how good is Oculus?

By on January 16, 2010 6:57:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His lack of interrupt seem hurting him the most. Tier II, Tier I?

+18 Karma | 31 Replies
January 16, 2010 7:20:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov put it best

"Give Occulus an Interrupt and I will only play him. You can have Erebus. Hell, you can have two Erebuses"

I liked my view:

"No need to interrupt a flag lock when they don't have any flags to begin with"

He is certainly Tier II, and like Queen, does great when you've got Oak/UB/Ereb with you since all but Ereb have a quick interrupt you can use to stop most casts. He probably wouldn't work nearly as well if you've only got one other person on your team with an Interrupt. I wouldn't put him into the holy trinity quite yet since people just haven't learned how to deal with him (or play him ) but he does really have a lot of power it seems.

January 16, 2010 7:24:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's tier 2 imo. He has an escape option, aoe, chain lightning, which is awesome, and the ability to give others mana, which can be devastating when he's paired with a dg like QoT or oak.

January 16, 2010 7:31:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower Rook + Occ  in a lane is a tier 1 combo, in my opinion. Occ nukes creeps so the enemy never gets a chance to run in with the creeps, gives monk support, refills Rook's mana for more towerz. Plus, the AoE nukes of Chain Lightning, Blast Off, and Hammer Slam are just absurd. Basically have to run in on a sigil.

January 16, 2010 8:11:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His epicnes is biblical.

January 17, 2010 10:51:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna + Rook + Occulus, = OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Super rook tank with recharged mana and health and regen aura and super aoe damage andsilence.

January 19, 2010 9:57:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm pretty sure that's beatable. Basically you take 3 tier II's. Counter rook, and what remains is a low damage dealer and an unsupported Oculus, who wont be getting kills.

January 19, 2010 8:50:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A different flavor Tier I Demigod. Differend as in the only T1 without an interrupt/stun. But definitely T1.

January 19, 2010 9:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"I was singing rocket man by Elton John because I call my Oculus Rocket Cow"

That is just awesome. Also, great song.

January 20, 2010 1:22:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^.^

January 20, 2010 4:58:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thunderstruck by ACDC is also a good option.

January 21, 2010 1:28:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's awesome, all you need to do is spam sigils, like you do with every demigod.

January 21, 2010 11:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ole Doc Occ is the minion master.  Those lighting balls are outrageous, especially with a horn of battle.   Most I got them up too was 47 dps each.  

January 22, 2010 9:57:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Chain lightning is a bitch to avoid. Only thing that's caused me hesitation so far.

January 23, 2010 10:11:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Occ is the king of Tier 2 DGs by an overpowering amount.

His HPs are rediculous. His chain lightning nullifies any skills that take advantage of surrounding units.

Unless you stun him, you cannot kill him. Sigil + Blast Off makes it nearly impossible to take him out mid game+ because of his ludicrous HPs and monks.

He would be overpowering if he had an interrupt, but he doesn't. These of course, aren't a problem if someone on his team has an interrupt.

I would say he is Tier 1 when teamed with any of THE 3(oak UB or LE) in a 3+ player game. 

Or Tier 1.5 when you are playing a Tier 2 only game, or 2on2. At which point he is your best DG after THE 3 & Rook.

January 23, 2010 12:26:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone else notice this? 

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/demigods/

Oculus

Wins: 1186

Losses 1152

Win %: 44

More wins than losses, but it says less than 50%?

January 23, 2010 12:28:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Que Twilight Zone Theme.

January 23, 2010 1:01:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unfinished games...

January 23, 2010 1:33:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Anyone else notice this? 

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/demigods/

Oculus

Wins: 1186

Losses 1152

Win %: 44

More wins than losses, but it says less than 50%?
Occulus foresaw this coming.

January 23, 2010 2:15:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm pretty sure Oculus can't see anything...

January 23, 2010 2:16:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

I'm pretty sure Oculus can't see anything...

*faacepalm*

January 23, 2010 5:40:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it says less than 50% because AI losses count towards the win/loss percent but not towards the game count. People have played thousands of games against AI Occ's (and won) and so ...

January 23, 2010 8:22:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
it says less than 50% because AI losses count towards the win/loss percent but not towards the game count. People have played thousands of games against AI Occ's (and won) and so ...
*double face palms*

January 23, 2010 8:36:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 22it says less than 50% because AI losses count towards the win/loss percent but not towards the game count. People have played thousands of games against AI Occ's (and won) and so ...*double face palms*

don't believe me, that's fine

January 23, 2010 8:53:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Quoting synnworld, reply 23
Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 22it says less than 50% because AI losses count towards the win/loss percent but not towards the game count. People have played thousands of games against AI Occ's (and won) and so ...*double face palms*
don't believe me, that's fine
That is not why I double face palmed; I did it because that is what is happening.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.