The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Updating....

By on January 13, 2010 3:24:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

at 4 mbs......

+28 Karma | 67 Replies
January 13, 2010 3:29:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

don't get excited... its not occulus.

January 13, 2010 3:39:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So evidently some lucky SoB's got e-mails with a code for occulus and other poor souls like me just got an impulse update that doesn't have occulus. How lame is that... thanks stardock for teasing me.

January 13, 2010 3:41:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Once you're done downloading...

January 13, 2010 3:46:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guess I was one of the lucky ones.Allowed me to get Occulus.

January 13, 2010 3:49:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Add Oculus for FREE to your Demigod account by entering your email address at https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=(did everyone get the same #?)
- Oculus: Blast Off range now increases from 15 flat to 15/16/18/20.
- Oculus: Brain Storm clears negative effects.
- Oculus: Ball Lightning health increased from 600/650/700/750 to 600/765/930/1095.
- Fixes for Russian voice localizations.

Demigod v1.20 (1.20.145 on Impulse)
--------------------------------

- Fix for TB move-while-firing (confirmed working for all reported exceptions)
- Fix for /ignore and /squelch (confirmed working for all reported exceptions)
- Changed location of DLC registry data from HKLM to HKCU

Yay!  TB fixed is what I'm really excited about... looks like they made Doc Occ have some decent potential.  Magus Rod + Brain Storm = Win... you all heard it here first.

January 13, 2010 3:53:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Rosco_P,
Once you're done downloading...

TY

January 13, 2010 3:54:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah Ididn't get it either, Cow, don't feel too bad :-/

January 13, 2010 3:55:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL now I do feel like a moron

January 13, 2010 3:55:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hmm... they didn't update the version?  Interesting.  2 possibilities - this is the Occulus that's been in the code all along or they are pushing an updated build that they received from GPG that includes the Occulus tweaks they requested. My guess is that they are pushing an updated build

Either way, they have to grant access to the DLC one way or the other.  You won't automatically get Occ unless they've unlocked him globally already. 

But based on what Rosco_p said, I'd check the change log.  Looking forward to one of you guys posting it as I'm not at home...

January 13, 2010 3:56:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

man... took me too long to post that apparently  

Thanks Thundercles!

January 13, 2010 3:56:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aha, maybe I did ^^;

January 13, 2010 3:57:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rosco_P do you know the reason for inputing the email address?

Is it to test a new impulse feature or something like that?

January 13, 2010 4:08:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have the occulus reg key now but where do I get it do I register that as a new key against demi god? I already have one. Instructions are very unclear.

January 13, 2010 4:19:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried to re-install with the new code it gave me.Impulse doesn't recognize it.

January 13, 2010 4:20:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nzac: I'm not exactly sure why they're doing it this way.

econundum1 & Orcasms: As long as you used the same email that Demigod is registered to, no action should be required beyond getting the update, and logging into multiplayer.

January 13, 2010 4:23:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nt

January 13, 2010 4:25:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting econundrum1,
I have the occulus reg key now but where do I get it do I register that as a new key against demi god? I already have one. Instructions are very unclear. nonexistent.

Fixed that for you.  A patch should not require the end user to do anything other than download and install it.  It should not ask for an email address, particularly since I have already associated an email address with my Impulse account.  It should not send me a serial number with no guidance as to what to do with it.

I've been using Impulse for 2-3 months now, and until today my impression was favorable.  Stardock's product seemed on par with Steam, with which I have never had a problem or issue.  Unfortunately, my opinion of Impulse has now taken a sharp downturn as a direct result of the byzantine patching/unlocking process for Oculus.  In a truly polished product, all of this would be completely transparent to the user: download the update, run Demigod, boom, Oculus is unlocked for all game modes.  I don't need to actually see the registration key unless I'm installing on a different machine, which I'm not.  Stardock desperately needs to take a page from Valve's book on how to do online content delivery.

January 13, 2010 4:28:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rosco

Tried to re-register with new code, said wasn't a Stardock code.I did an uninstall and get the same error.... 

January 13, 2010 4:28:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you mean 4 KB/s? 4MB/s is godlike speed

January 13, 2010 4:29:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I went to the store...entered my email...and bam I have occ....it was that easy what are you all talking about?

January 13, 2010 4:34:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Did you mean 4 KB/s? 4MB/s is godlike speed
He could have meant 4 Mebibyte per second, which would equal to a 33.5 Megabit per second line (which is perfectly possible in some regions ) or he could have meant 4 Megabit per second, which equals to 488.3 Kibibyte per second.

January 13, 2010 4:35:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock desperately needs to take a page from Valve's book on how to do online content delivery.

January 13, 2010 4:36:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Epiphenomenon: what's the problem?

January 13, 2010 4:37:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Orcasms,
Tried to re-register with new code, said wasn't a Stardock code.I did an uninstall and get the same error.... 

The key you get is not what you install the program with.  Demigod The Game is already registered to your Stardock.net account.  All you need to do is register for Oculus with the same email that Demigod is registered to, and Oculus should be added to your account.  You don't need to reinstall Demigod, just update it.  Once it's updated, you simply need to log into multiplayer in the game, and you'll have access to Oculus.

January 13, 2010 4:40:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He could have meant 4 Mebibyte per second, which would equal to a 33.5 Megabit per second line (which is perfectly possible in some regions  ) or he could have meant 4 Megabit per second, which equals to 488.3 Kibibyte per second.

Yeah, but in the Impulse menu, it says Download Speed: x KB/s, which is referring to kilobytes per second, unless you jump up above 1 mb/s

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.