The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A simple solution to some demigods having no interrupt

By on January 10, 2010 2:38:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DD-shreddy

Join Date 09/2008
+9

There should a consumable item in the shop that costs about 300 gold, has a 0.5 second cast time and does nothing but interrupt another demigods ability.

I think this would be pretty quick to implement and would help balance out the game a little, and make some of the "underpowered" demigods like Regulus and QoT a little more useful when late game portal control tactics come into play.

Give me your thoughts on this one.

Thanks

Shred_Demon

Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 17, 2010 10:18:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump  

Anyone know how to mod an interrupt staff so we can try this shit out?

February 25, 2010 7:56:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this is a pretty good idea. a trinket or a favor item sounds better but if consumable it should have other benefits as well. For example:gadget also being able to interrupt would work well i think.Otherwise an only interrupt consumable would still be not worth it compared to sigil,locks,tps.But if gadget has interrupt, i would most probably give up on sigil and carry gadget with dgs that doesnt have interrupt. After all it is quite annoying if you play qot, regelus and fire tb combo, enemy can just tp out or lock whenever they'd like to.

March 1, 2010 9:25:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anything to get people off of using BotF.

March 4, 2010 7:56:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demis already with inturrupts can get this, and be even more powerful!

March 4, 2010 8:34:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

have you guys checked out favormod?  It has a favor item that functions as an interrupt if I'm not mistaken.  Static Orb I believe...

March 4, 2010 9:02:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
If Uproot is able to target demigods, period, that will rape face.

You do realize that Uproot deals 1100 damage at level 2 (not Uproot II. Uproot I + Compost I), right? It has the range of fireball too, and has a very minor mana cost (roughly 30% cheaper than Spit).

Making it target demigods will ... yeah. That will not be a good thing. Making it a snare/stun on top of that will make just about everyone cry. Except Erebus, because he just mists and lulz. 
You do realize it would just be another spit right?

March 4, 2010 11:31:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 19If Uproot is able to target demigods, period, that will rape face.

You do realize that Uproot deals 1100 damage at level 2 (not Uproot II. Uproot I + Compost I), right? It has the range of fireball too, and has a very minor mana cost (roughly 30% cheaper than Spit).

Making it target demigods will ... yeah. That will not be a good thing. Making it a snare/stun on top of that will make just about everyone cry. Except Erebus, because he just mists and lulz. You do realize it would just be another spit right?

You do realize that Uproot does 1100 damage at level 2 for 425 mana while Spit III at level 7 does 1275 damage for 800 mana.

At it also has 5 more range.

March 5, 2010 11:19:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
have you guys checked out favormod?  It has a favor item that functions as an interrupt if I'm not mistaken.  Static Orb I believe...

Owned me and my UG cast, lol.

May 14, 2010 12:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMD_Siili,

Quoting synnworld,
reply 31

Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 19If Uproot is able to target demigods, period, that will rape face.

Making it target demigods will ... yeah. That will not be a good thing. Making it a snare/stun on top of that will make just about everyone cry. Except Erebus, because he just mists and lulz. You do realize it would just be another spit right?

You do realize that Uproot does 1100 damage at level 2 for 425 mana while Spit III at level 7 does 1275 damage for 800 mana.

At it also has 5 more range.

Uproot cooldown is higer and way easier to interrupt, it is balanced.

But come on... who wouldn't want to see the black tendrils of death effect eminating from a demigod?

June 1, 2010 3:46:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For what it's worth, I've played quite a few favor mod games now and the interrupt favor item is not overpowered at all comparatively speaking.  I mean the only demigod that might get it I think is reg :/  So all the talk earlier of such an item being overpowered is unfounded I believe.  

Would be nice if they added Static Orb to the current list of favor items.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: