The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A simple solution to some demigods having no interrupt

By on January 10, 2010 2:38:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DD-shreddy

Join Date 09/2008
+9

There should a consumable item in the shop that costs about 300 gold, has a 0.5 second cast time and does nothing but interrupt another demigods ability.

I think this would be pretty quick to implement and would help balance out the game a little, and make some of the "underpowered" demigods like Regulus and QoT a little more useful when late game portal control tactics come into play.

Give me your thoughts on this one.

Thanks

Shred_Demon

Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 10, 2010 2:51:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, but think about the demigods that already have interrupts,, sedna could prevent using silence, interrupt using pounce or pop this consumable... and Oak would still be able to be invulnerable to all of it...

January 10, 2010 2:54:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea, personally.  Mayhaps someone on the modding side of things could whip something up.  I'd wager the code for an interrupt is easy to find.  I'd think characters that already have an interrupt shouldn't be able to cast 2 interrupts in a row, though, so the cooldown would have to be toyed with.  

Or perhaps, instead of it being a consumable, it could be a trinket with a med/high cooldown rate.  Either of these could be created by a modder and perhaps see inclusion in the game at some point.

January 10, 2010 2:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regardless, my suggestion of having a consumable interrupt item is better than the current situation.  It freely gives EVERY demigod a access to an interrupt.

But more to the point, this might actually have a chance of being implemented as it is a really small change (i.e. one extra item in the shop).

• Sedna is unlikely to interrupt using pounce if it has a cast time between zero and .5 seconds.
  • All demigods are subject to silence, that is part of the game so is hardly a valid objection.
  • And yes...Oak is awesome.

January 10, 2010 3:01:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, having it as a trinket might be a better idea.  The price and the cost of having a slot taken up would put me off using the item for most demigods late game as I would in most cases want:

Slot 1: sigil

Slot 2: teleport scroll

Slot 3: Lock

If a good mod for this came up I would definitely use it ^^.

January 10, 2010 3:05:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Staff of Interruption?

January 10, 2010 3:19:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should make it a Cell Phone. It interrupts me more then anything else.

January 10, 2010 3:55:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea of a trinket the most. You could also consider adding an interrupt effect to some poor lonely favor item that no one uses.

January 10, 2010 4:45:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm...I think that adding it to a favor item is less effective as it will mean that reg and qot won't be selecting the favor items that they are strong with.  And remember, it is these two demigods I am trying to help!

January 10, 2010 4:57:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Consumables would cost too much over time unless they were dirt cheap. A trinket item would be better if you want to help the DGs without interrupts.

January 10, 2010 8:15:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea what we need aq sedna or ub chain interrupting...

January 11, 2010 10:30:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would introduce even more imbalance with certain demigods having two or even three(sedna) interrupts. Right now, it's a bitch, but at least you can count interrupts. An interrupt item, favor item or consumable would just throw this out the window. To negate the unpredictible nature of this "feature", people will begin to stack even more health.

January 11, 2010 10:42:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah.. but if we get someone to code this as a mod, we can give it a shot and see how big of an issue it is, etc.

Might be best to move this to the mod forum and indicate that its a mod request in the title.

January 11, 2010 10:45:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure, it's always smart to see it work, but it's my prediction that it will suck more than what we have now. They should just update one of their current abilities to act as an interrupt..

January 11, 2010 2:50:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure, it's always smart to see it work, but it's my prediction that it will suck more than what we have now. They should just update one of their current abilities to act as an interrupt..

Well... that's possible as well... probably could make mark of the betrayer an interrupt, but that might be a little too strong.  Not sure what would be appropriate for qot if adding an interrupt.

January 11, 2010 3:42:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uproot Immobilizes target for 2 seconds(100% speed decrease) and stuns as an interrupt. Deals lower damage. It's pretty good as it's ranged, on demant, low cast time etc.

January 11, 2010 5:33:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uproot sucks.  If you were to add an interrupt to any of qots skills it should go on spike wave.

January 11, 2010 6:07:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...so Uproot can remain in it's teh svck state?

January 11, 2010 6:10:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No one likes my idea. But I wanted Uproot to be a building only stun. The last level could instead of being an AoE dmg, be an AoE stun. She can stun, but only near buildings! Lookout Rook.

Just thought it would be a unique stun.

January 11, 2010 6:12:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Uproot is able to target demigods, period, that will rape face.

You do realize that Uproot deals 1100 damage at level 2 (not Uproot II. Uproot I + Compost I), right? It has the range of fireball too, and has a very minor mana cost (roughly 30% cheaper than Spit).

Making it target demigods will ... yeah. That will not be a good thing. Making it a snare/stun on top of that will make just about everyone cry. Except Erebus, because he just mists and lulz. 

January 11, 2010 7:19:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You do realize I wrote that "deals less damage" bit in too?

January 11, 2010 8:07:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would introduce even more imbalance with certain demigods having two or even three(sedna) interrupts. Right now, it's a bitch, but at least you can count interrupts. An interrupt item, favor item or consumable would just throw this out the window. To negate the unpredictible nature of this "feature", people will begin to stack even more health.

Just engineer it like every other item in the game - if your DG already has an interrupt then it shares CD with the item

January 11, 2010 8:12:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
You do realize I wrote that "deals less damage" bit in too?

There is only one single-target stun in the game that does damage is Grasp which is a level 5 skill, and melee range.

Even "less" damage is probably too much.

Even if you made Uproot itself do no damage, Compost would still make it do 600.

January 11, 2010 8:22:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Penitence(not exactly single target, but good as)? Boulder Roll(also)? Pounce?

Also, I'm proposing a change to uproot, if you haven't picked up on that. That means that some things won't, you know, stay the same? And if it's gonna be 2 second duration, Compost isn't adding 600 damage...

January 11, 2010 8:31:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
Penitence(not exactly single target, but good as)? Boulder Roll(also)? Pounce?

Also, I'm proposing a change to uproot, if you haven't picked up on that. That means that some things won't, you know, stay the same? And if it's gonna be 2 second duration, Compost isn't adding 600 damage...

"Immobilizes target for 2 seconds(100% speed decrease) and stuns as an interrupt."

Well. -100% speed doesn't actually immobilize the target since that hits the snare cap. I was assuming you meant it would be an actual stun, unless Uproot had special "rules" when it came to snares. You also did say "and stuns" >> I assumed you were saying

"Lets give Queen a 2 second ranged stun at level 1 that does damage!"

Sure, if you make it only 2 seconds, compost would add only 120 damage but I was under the assumption that you wouldn't want to make one of Queen's skill lines even more useless.

January 11, 2010 8:41:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I meant the stun part as an interrupt, 0 duration stun, like Penitence. The 100% slow means it maxes out slow with one skill for 2 seconds.

The thing QoT needs is exactly that.

1. A single target direct damage skill.

2. A fast casting interrupt.

Not having that are her main weaknesses right now, because she can't react to the actions of her enemies other than bubbling in and up, and she can't follow up ground spikes with anything(the wave is a lol, but with this Uproot it could really make a  good snare combo).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time: