The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Custom kick messages and rename kick to "the slot was closed"

By on December 30, 2009 8:56:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to be able to have the option of kicking new players and informing them via messag why they were kicked, so they don't think I'm just some big rude meanie.  I was reading a thread by another user about the kicking going on of new / laggy users, and I also think the term "you were kicked, or kick" was poorly chosen.  Changing it to "Close slot" would be a lot better so the player would see 'this slot was closed' instead of "you were kicked!"

You were kicked implies ill intention, rather then just closing the slot to balance teams to try to get a game going.  The worst decision by GPG/stardock was the lack of unranked games and inability to create new users with clean records ('throw away' pub accounts).  IMHO this would be easy to fix by allowing more then one account with seperate records to be created off the same game, all that is needed is a bit of elbow grease and non-lazyness.

0 Karma | 6 Replies
December 30, 2009 3:22:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

easily solved by not opening too many slots before you are sure there are enuf ppl
not kicking people also helps solving the problem of course

December 30, 2009 4:04:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You forget most people don't read game names at all and will just keep joining, sorry but your suggestion is full of fail.

December 31, 2009 9:06:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bhahaha, the only reason you want it to change is because you dont want to look like the badguy... even when you ARE kicking them.

December 31, 2009 9:53:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Niz said it best, they don't read the game names.

Ie. 'Experienced Players Only' and you get guys playing their second game ever joining. 

Then to be the nice guy you have to almost follow the 12 step process:

1.  Verify that they played in epoch II.

2.  Tell them they need to play in new player matches.

3.  Tell them why they cant play in this match because they always reply with 'i played single player'

4.  Ask them politely to leave (the good people have already left on their own by now)

5.  Kick them (they must be a dick or a kid at this point and beyond)

6.  When they rejoin ask them politely to leave

7.  Re-kick them.

8 - 11. Re-kick them

12.  Reform lobby because it crashed.

Personally i think that if someone gets kicked from a game, then they shouldn't be able to rejoin that lobby.

j

December 31, 2009 10:42:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting jongalt26,
I think Niz said it best, they don't read the game names.

Ie. 'Experienced Players Only' and you get guys playing their second game ever joining. 

Then to be the nice guy you have to almost follow the 12 step process:

1.  Verify that they played in epoch II.

2.  Tell them they need to play in new player matches.

3.  Tell them why they cant play in this match because they always reply with 'i played single player'

4.  Ask them politely to leave (the good people have already left on their own by now)

5.  Kick them (they must be a dick or a kid at this point and beyond)

6.  When they rejoin ask them politely to leave

7.  Re-kick them.

8 - 11. Re-kick them

12.  Reform lobby because it crashed.

Personally i think that if someone gets kicked from a game, then they shouldn't be able to rejoin that lobby.

j

Why be so polite about it? Just plain kicked them; while I hear on the bored everyone say they do stuff like you posted. I have never been asked suched things and simply been kicked without any explanation before I can even type hi.

January 2, 2010 7:19:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

easily solved by not opening too many slots before you are sure there are enuf ppl
Opening more slots will fill up the game faster. If you want to host a 3v3 and 5 people are already in the game and somone attempts to join it, he will clog the last player spot while connecting. And chances are that he might not be able to connect for some time. So you should always have at least one additional slot open.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.