The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favorite Favor for each Demi

By on December 29, 2009 9:48:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DiceAreEvil

Join Date 05/2009
+2

Hi!  Out of sheer boredom, these are my personal favorites for each DG.  I am self-proclaimed pro with all.

Rook - Blood

Demon Assassin - Blood

Beast - Blade of the Serpent / Blood for Ooze

Reg - Renewal

Sedna - Cloak of Night

QoT - Swift Anklet

Oak - Cloak of Night

Erebus - Blood

Torch - Swift Anklet

I'm pretty set in my ways at this point.  Anyone disagree with these choices?  Mainly for 3 v 3 play and up.  For 2 v 2 on Cat I'd probably be more inclined to get Anklet on Sed, for example.  Just tell me what favors you prefer and I'll tell you why mine are better.  Alrighty then!

Locked Post 101 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 31, 2009 1:07:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's bugged. Divine Justice, Monk Heals or Sedna heals breaks the effect

yeah... its bad news because of the bug... if there are any friendly monks, etc, nearby, and they heal while you have it cast, it breaks the healing effect (eg what hedgie said).  So, you probably should never get the wings because of the heal interrupt.

December 31, 2009 1:42:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

It's bugged. Divine Justice, Monk Heals or Sedna heals breaks the effect
yeah... its bad news because of the bug... if there are any friendly monks, etc, nearby, and they heal while you have it cast, it breaks the healing effect (eg what hedgie said).  So, you probably should never get the wings because of the heal interrupt.
aww i was ganna get the wing, get sedna, and play docter.

December 31, 2009 2:47:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook: AMulet of Teleportation (I play a support Rook for setting ganks so you keep towers around map and team teleport) *great for lane controlling 2 at once. ANd with his slow ass movement it takes away shopping time.

Demon Assassin - BoTF if I am playing a UB or good Reg. BoTS if I am not playing those 2. Renewal if I am spamming support swap.

Beast - Swift Anklet against another UB. BoTF if erubus and no UB. BoTS against teams without UB or Sedna.

Reg - Heaven's Wrather for support only. In 3v3 you control mana side and keep bouncing to mid for flag and sniping. Making it easy for your team to focus on holding hp flag. Oh did I mention that I focus on Citadel upgrades and sniping/mining all I can.

Sedna - Swift anklet against teams without UB. With Ub I get BoTF

QoT - BoTF only becuase I hate playing her to begin with.

Oak - BoTF or Cloak of Night. Depending on build. If assassin build BoTF if minion I go Cloak of Night.

Erebus - Battle Horn for HP regen and tower pushing. Renewal if I am going Mist build. Great for spamming bite.

Torch - Swift Anklets for both fire and Ice. Replaces boots of speed for fire. Save for Adventures. And as for ICE you need that extra oomf. Tampered with Heavens wrath for complete lane control. But only good if your team is gank tower destrution focus'd.

December 31, 2009 3:09:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xenogenic,

Erebus - Battle Horn for HP regen and tower pushing. Renewal if I am going Mist build. Great for spamming bite.

Haxz.

December 31, 2009 4:01:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol only hacks in noob games. Good times though.

December 31, 2009 5:33:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BotF is so strong because without it you are highly likely to get punished a lot early game no matter which other favor item you take, and early game sets up the pace for mid+late game.

Rook + Staff of Renewal is viable because with his tower build he can still survive and control flags early game usually without too many problems.

I tried using dark vial in some games. It was pretty good, 2000-3000 hp heals late game > +800hp from BotF, but your early game is still too weak for it to be particularly viable.

December 31, 2009 7:10:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nah Botf always wins, although yes I've found renewal to be very good on rook too but thats mainly because you get 200 hp from the staff as well, so its 600 hp agianst 20% CD.

In general though Blood is always better.

December 31, 2009 9:40:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree, if you are using a hybrid rook, you can cast so many more times, and you almost never take direct hits so blood is a non-issue.

December 31, 2009 12:29:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In general like as "if you don't know what you want as favor"take blood.

Always. Even if you think you know your demigod in a lot of cases your better off with blood.

January 2, 2010 3:26:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're squishy and ranged, I think there is something to be said for anklet. Kiting is easier if you're faster.

January 2, 2010 4:56:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I totally disagree with that grimunk. If you're squishy you need strength, if you're slow you need speed. (if you want kills you want speed as well) A squishy like regulus or the torchbearer should never take swift anklet, it's unnecessary speed. Regulus could take heaven's wrath to help with sniping and to creep (because he can't hold a lane and creep normally). Likewise, he could take staff of renewal to spam snipe and / or mark of the betrayer.  The torchbearer should take blade of the serpent to fix mana issues. The only demigods you could justify using the anklet on are all tanks.

January 2, 2010 5:55:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The eternal question. Do you reinforce your strenghts or do you cover up your weaknesses?

January 2, 2010 7:26:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kiting becomes quite worthless when you need to defend something like a flag tbh.

January 2, 2010 7:31:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you can't kite, you hope.

January 2, 2010 8:44:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just played against a super fast regulus who kept kiting me. It was super annoying but he couldn't really push me out of the lane with it.

January 2, 2010 9:51:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
When you can't kite, you hope.
you hope that last fireball gets you the kill

January 2, 2010 9:56:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I totally disagree with that grimunk. If you're squishy you need strength, if you're slow you need speed. (if you want kills you want speed as well) A squishy like regulus or the torchbearer should never take swift anklet, it's unnecessary speed. Regulus could take heaven's wrath to help with sniping and to creep (because he can't hold a lane and creep normally). Likewise, he could take staff of renewal to spam snipe and / or mark of the betrayer.  The torchbearer should take blade of the serpent to fix mana issues. The only demigods you could justify using the anklet on are all tanks.

Actually, even with BotF, a torchbearer (especially ice, a little less so fire) still can't win a straight up fight against any of the tier 1 demigods early in the game.  Beast will flatten an Ice TB that tries to tank them, so will erebus, and sedna, and oak.  It then follows that BotF is not an effective choice for a TB early game.  It simply doesn't make a difference, you still lose those encounters.

With a swift anklet, however, you don't ever have to tank a BotF-toting beast, sedna, oak, or erebus.  Anklet also opens up a whole new game that nobody here seems to know about called attrition.  Early game a TB can easily attrition down an erebus or an oak, by staying in their deadzone, eventually either forcing them out of a lane, or killing them outright.  Without the extra speed, you simply can't use that tactic.  The additional speed also gives you superior neutral flag control, as the opposing team will either have to trade flags with you (which is a game you'll win, because you have 15% more speed,)  burn money on flag locks early game, or simply let you have non-lane flags.

It just doesn't make sense to take BotF for early game effectiveness for a TB.

January 2, 2010 10:08:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The torchbearer should take blade of the serpent to fix mana issues.

I said blade of the serpent, not blood of the fallen. I don't think swift anklet would help you as much as the mana boost from BotS. Without it you can't farm a lane with RoI or have the available mana to fireball your enemies out of the lane.

January 2, 2010 10:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rank 2 RoI can be cast on every creep wave with just the first mana hat.  Rank 3 is a bit more expensive, but at that point you can grab a vlemish, or make the call to not use it every creep wave.

January 3, 2010 9:06:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Irahi is the TBpro her so listen closely!  

Anyway I always found rank 4 to cost way too much mana for little benefit. Sure you can stack helms and get Massive mana regen but even with hungarlings and plenor+ immolation i had problems with mana conversion. Not because I didn't have enough regen(I think i had around 100+) but because fights are fought in bursts and then you dont have time to regen.

January 3, 2010 9:19:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I grab the highest level of RoI asap for BotS.

RoI I: ~150 mana per target
RoI II: ~300
RoI III: ~450
RoI IV: ~600

I do eventually grab Vlem. It all depends on the game. If I find myself struggling even with BotS, I'll get it after Unbreakables and Nimoth. The mana regen helps when your short for a RoI and BotS is about off CD.

If not, I grab the Wand of Speed which I prefer, myself.

January 3, 2010 10:16:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wouldnt plenor be better than vlemish in your case? Since you dont actually need regen but just a bigger mana pool.

January 3, 2010 10:19:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Blade of the Serpent

+400 Mana
+25 Weapon Damage
Instant 45 sec. cooldown
Use:100% chance on hit to gain 75% of your damage in mana for 10 seconds

The torchbearer uses the highest amount of mana in gigantic bursts, and while regen is great, you can never compensate for using tons of mana without this. I can't understand why +15% speed would be better than infinite mana, +25 weapon damage, and +400 mana just in case you weren't sure to buy this favor item.  I know if I'm playing tb, or my ally is, I would hope he got this item, because without it, fights pretty much become 1v2, 2v3 etc.

January 3, 2010 10:27:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Wouldnt plenor be better than vlemish in your case? Since you dont actually need regen but just a bigger mana pool.

I'm not using it for the mana.

The only time I'm in a bad spot is when im short on mana for a RoI. The extra regen helps me gain enough to cast again.

I've tried both and I prefer to have the mana regen. If I'm running somewhere or anything, its nice to just have passive regen.

Edit: Plus, I want to take full advantage of TBs +50% mana advantage. On Lev though, I get PBC. But who doesn't?

January 6, 2010 8:45:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
Blade of the Serpent

+400 Mana
+25 Weapon Damage
Instant 45 sec. cooldown
Use:100% chance on hit to gain 75% of your damage in mana for 10 seconds

The torchbearer uses the highest amount of mana in gigantic bursts, and while regen is great, you can never compensate for using tons of mana without this. I can't understand why +15% speed would be better than infinite mana, +25 weapon damage, and +400 mana just in case you weren't sure to buy this favor item.  I know if I'm playing tb, or my ally is, I would hope he got this item, because without it, fights pretty much become 1v2, 2v3 etc.

Heh, not nearly as much as QoT

Regardless, I use anklet all the way for TB because I now play a hybrid build after getting pwned so often for being slow by LE and Assasin Oaks.

Reasons.
Early, frost AA is overwhelming so you want to be able to chase.
I use RoI and Fireball alot to kite- Anklet helps me keep the distance right
Using RoF for contested creep laning, anklet allows me to minimize my exposure to damage
During the squish phase of TBs exsistence, having anklet allows you to leave the towers to help team mates as required without overexposing.

Admitedly you do give something up by taking anklet. It's like making a commitment to only have 1 helm unless you want to get horribly magled becase you have no HPs.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: