The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

free for all mode MOD

By on December 28, 2009 2:03:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im just wondering if there is possible to mod a free for all mode? i have no idea in how to mod, but maybe someone else knows if its possible.

+2 Karma | 10 Replies
December 28, 2009 3:13:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

which then would be what exactly?

December 28, 2009 3:18:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i have no idea i know nothing about modding was just wondering =P, it would be fun.

December 28, 2009 3:29:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As much control as DG gives for modding, I would be amazed if it was not possible. However, I do think it would be a fairly large mod. Currently, the modders are just starting to figure some of the more basic stuff out, so something like this would be a fair ways down the line.

December 28, 2009 3:35:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You'd need a map with 3-10 lanes converging in a central point. You couldn't have demigods starting in each other's bases and the like. Would be a tough mod indeed.

December 28, 2009 4:38:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
You'd need a map with 3-10 lanes converging in a central point. You couldn't have demigods starting in each other's bases and the like. Would be a tough mod indeed.

You could sorta do Cataract. It does have a central convergence after all but your base would be open to 3 sides which would make it extremely difficult to protect. You'd have to have a crazy-tower-wall-of-death that prevented warping on 2 sides so that people were forced to fight around the XP flag or something.

December 28, 2009 4:58:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or use a different game type for FFA mode. Something like King of the Hill, or CTF.

December 28, 2009 5:03:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hell, I'd play. One guy gets beefy as fux, team up on his ass.

December 28, 2009 6:02:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Hell, I'd play. One guy gets beefy as fux, team up on his ass.

He'd have to have some sort of stun immunity. Either he halves the duration of all stuns or he can't be stunned more than once in a 10 second period.

I /might/ think on working on somethign like this: it really just depends how modular the game is and how much free time I feel like wasting ~~~ I really don't like lua though :-/

If someone wanted to do a Xv1 mode then we'd have to figure out how we would make it up.

Does he start with a Warscore bonus (WS 4 + first two levels of both tower upgrades + Death + XP 1 & II & Currency)? Or would he simply accrue Warscore much faster than everyone else?

Would his items be cheaper/he starts with more gold? Or would he simply just start with a large level advantage or increased stats?

What about abilities?

What about his minions? Would he get something like free super-Yetis that he could control? To help contest other lanes?

Also, would this be built for Prison, or Cataract? I think it'd be best if we built this with a specific map in mind and balanced everything to THAT.

Also, would it be a Slaughter match? the "God" needs X kills and the "Demigod" teams needs Y kills? Or a typical Conquest.

Towers? How  would we deal with those? Also, monks. Could we make the God be able to purchase idols too so that Unclean Beast could be a more viable God?

Balance would be a hard thing to figure out though. I think it's preferable it would be balanced in favor of the God, but we could always over do it :-/

On another note:

There is also a capture-the-flag mode implemented in the game, it is just commented out. Though with Erebus and DA I think it would be a bit obscene.

January 6, 2010 7:33:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it would be fun to have a free for all mod

Simply make it only viable on new maps

Like have it a star shape but twisted in the middle the minions move forward and head clockwise to the nearest opponent. OR you could have an option to change the direction of your minions advance to starve an opponent or give that final push.

The middle would be creep free and distorted so there was 3 flags but it still took time to switch lanes but maybe you could shoot across the gaps?

January 6, 2010 12:51:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, you could do this on the big circle map.  Modify the map like they did with CAT and remove all towers and citadels and flags.  Have one flag in the middle ring and have it be a 4 player map max.  Then, this would be the hard part, if you can make 4 'teams' have it be a domination game and you put 4 crystals HEAVILY surrounded by towers with 2 portals on the inner ring that are owned by the flag owner.  I have no idea how to even begin modding that but that would make it possible now on a current map.

It would only be one map, but it would be COOL!!!

I think the major challenges will be:

1- Change the dynamic from 2 to 4 teams (one for each demi)

2- Make 4 different spawn points

3- Make the map modifications to remove everything and redesign it to suit these needs.

The rest should take care of itself, the domination game type should take care of the winner of a 'hold the flag' type game and conceivably you could also do one of those first to 10 kills type games with this setup.  

Very interesting idea!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.