The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Erebus Builds

By on December 24, 2009 6:55:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lately I have been playing Erebus a lot which I haven't for a long time and thus I don't really know what builds people use. I see a lot of minions builds I think but most of them seem to have Mass Charm atleast (along with Bite which everybody has to take...).

So with this build I would just like to see what kind of builds people use for Erebus and get inspiried I hope. Normally I try to go Assasin Ereb cause I think both mass charm and mist is a kind of must have since you can dodge a lot of damage with it. Also, having a stun is quite good.

Normally I do something like this build:

1. Bite

2. Coven

3. Mass Charm/Mist (If I am against an snipe reg/UB I usually take Mist here)

4. Bite II

5. Mass Charm/Mist

6. Bat Swarm

7. Bite III

8. Mass Charm II

9. Save

10. Bite IV and Swarm II

11. Mass Charm III

and so on...

+10 Karma | 22 Replies
December 24, 2009 7:24:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/371864

here's my build, ofc you change it depending on the opponents but even w/o mist or stun you should be able to deal enough damage with minions and bite and regen enough that you won't need mist, Sometimes i wish i had mass charm earlier (before lvl 16+) but i find pushing and holding lanes to be more important

December 25, 2009 5:09:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it does seem like an alright build. The thing I am mainly concerned with is that you don't get Mass Charm early since that is really important IMO.

December 25, 2009 9:00:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For critters....

1) Bite

2) Coven

3) Mist  or Save (depends if there is a char who needs debuff attention like UB)

4) Bite II

5) Swarm and Coven II (If no mist)

6) Improved Conversion Aura I

Continue on with Coven and Bite, with a point in charm to stop TPs. Continue with improved conversion aura when there is nothing else to buy. 

For Assasain

1) Bite

2) Mist if there is a need, Coven I

3) Charm

4) Bite

5) Swarm

Continue on to max bite (primary) and charm, then put 1 point in Swarm II, conversion aura and continue coven when there isn't anything else.

The main difference between the builds is one is great at pushing towers, the other is great at forcing retreat and forcing cautious play. (If the player is decent and they see a stun/bite/swarm build, they don't extend nearly as much) Espcially with Swarm II because I can pop next to them from outside of their LOS.

Items (Usually in this order)
Favor: HoB for minion build, BoTF for Assasain

Monks
Banded
Scaled
Unbreakable
Nimoth (or Hauberk for minion, then I replace banded with Nimoth, you really want that armor)
Nature's Reckoning
Plenor (Replace Scaled) 
Update monks

Updated since some new people have been OMGFTFPWN Hax against my Assasin EB and item load out.

December 25, 2009 2:14:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I usually go minion Erebus, with points focused in Coven and Increased Conversion. I only put a point in Mist or Charm though. One point in Mist is enough to avoid damage, and one point in Charm is enough to interrupt longer spells or items.

December 25, 2009 5:54:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting vindKtiv,
I usually go minion Erebus, with points focused in Coven and Increased Conversion. I only put a point in Mist or Charm though. One point in Mist is enough to avoid damage, and one point in Charm is enough to interrupt longer spells or items.

Yes, one rank in mist is certainly enough. I like Mass Charm but one point should be enough if you only want it for canceling purposes. My problem with a minion build is that is doesn't seem to get vert effective after lvl 10 or so. It might just be me being bad at minion builds though...

December 26, 2009 6:29:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. bite I

2. coven I

3. improved conversion aura I OR mist I (Only if against UB and/or Reg)

4. bite II

5. blood

6. bat swarm I

7. bite III

8. mass charm I

9. save

10. bite IV + bat swarm II

This is my standard LE build for the first 10 levels. After level 10 I usually prefer to skill mass charm. I buy monks (upgrade to bishops if I got enough cash) and level 4 siege idols along with my minions they are great for harassing and tower killing.

my items:

favor: BotF

items: scaled helm, vlemish, pleanor, unbreakable boots, haurbek of life (in no particular order)

Yeah, MANA MANA MANA !! I don't like having to run to base because Im oom with LE.

December 26, 2009 8:57:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The thing I am mainly concerned with is that you don't get Mass Charm early since that is really important IMO.

well imo that skill is only useful when playing with teamates on voice cause you can coordinate ganks

December 26, 2009 9:24:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never played with anyone on Voice and I can tell you that your opinion is wrong about Mass Charm. Good Ereb players don't need Voice to use Mass Charm well. They just use it.

December 27, 2009 6:50:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree somewhat with wrastler. Sometimes Mass Charm is needed to keep some1 from porting out etc.

December 27, 2009 9:05:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wrastler118,
I've never played with anyone on Voice and I can tell you that your opinion is wrong about Mass Charm. Good Ereb players don't need Voice to use Mass Charm well. They just use it.

I agree. I've had some Ereb...i? have some pretty epicly helpful stuns to the team. Have had some myself with TB too

December 27, 2009 4:17:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Epicfull? Bat in bite, hit hit, battle goes wrong-> stun.

Teammate in trouble bat stun.

Gank-> bat bite stun.

December 30, 2009 8:06:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly. Stun is very important when having an Ereb on your team. Guess that's why I don't like Maccalia on my team because his Ereb build isn't very helpful team wise.

December 31, 2009 4:21:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The idea that a stun can't be useful without team chat is ridiculous.

January 1, 2010 12:11:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wrastler118,
Exactly. Stun is very important when having an Ereb on your team. Guess that's why I don't like Maccalia on my team because his Ereb build isn't very helpful team wise.

He's going full minon build I'm guessing? Well tbh I wouldn't want that on my team very much either, a hybrid would proably be to prefer. Also I feel that minion builds get quite bad later in the game.

January 1, 2010 12:15:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,

Quoting wrastler118, reply 12Exactly. Stun is very important when having an Ereb on your team. Guess that's why I don't like Maccalia on my team because his Ereb build isn't very helpful team wise.
He's going full minon build I'm guessing? Well tbh I wouldn't want that on my team very much either, a hybrid would proably be to prefer. Also I feel that minion builds get quite bad later in the game.
It's frogboys plan to stop everyone from using minions all togetehr; don't give in .

January 3, 2010 5:11:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also I feel that minion builds get quite bad later in the game.
He's going full minon build I'm guessing?

By full minion do you mean with morale? cause i do take bite which imo is hybrid.

And let me rephrase my position on mass charm...

Its far more useful in team situations but as ereb i tend to go  to the brilliant flag on cata and if an ereb takes 1 point in mass charm JUST 1 unless he is a far better player i WILL push him out of his lane take down that tower and then i should be lvl 10+ where i do take stun to help with portal locking

If an ereb takes more than 1 point in mass charm he needs a teammate to take down any decent minion build and furthermore in order for stun to do anything other than interrupt you need more than one point.

Also I feel that minion builds get quite bad later in the game.

Ya giants do screw them over but only a mist and charm specced ereb does much against giants imo

January 3, 2010 5:43:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes as you say Mass Charm is a skills that only gain it's full potential when there are allies around you. But it is after all a team game and battles tend to be team vs team when the fights are important at least. And in a team battle; to be able to stun all opponents in 2- 3 (depending on lvl of skill) seconds is rather usefull. On those seconds you could do some nasty damage. And they can't do any at all.

Quoting Maccilia,

Ya giants do screw them over but only a mist and charm specced ereb does much against giants imo

Well giants screw everybody over, that's the point of purchasing them. I meant against other Demigods.

January 4, 2010 12:06:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol maccilia is clearly a solo player..

January 4, 2010 2:48:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol maccilia is clearly a solo player..

yep no consistent teammates lots of pugging always going to the mana lane in cata ect....

January 6, 2010 2:06:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I waddled into playing erebus recently, so I just had to make it up as I went along.

I ended doing some funky minion assassin hybrid. I got charm too late, and found myself dumping points into to try and make it more effective. I ended up putting a lot of pts into improved conversion aura early - I think too early. I certainly was not the strongest on my team because of it.

January 6, 2010 2:20:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could also try using Ring of divine might. If you have 10 nightwalkers + 6 other minions this means you have 10x16=160 extra damage. most ppl prefer hob for erebus minion build because it makes minions temporaryly inkillable. (well, they can be killed but it takes pretty long to kill even 1) but still Ring is also pretty good imo.

January 6, 2010 5:59:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen some RoDM oak builds. It's interesting seeing an oak running one way clearing creeps while his minions go another and take down towers all alone. The ability it comes with is a good way to make a big army from a small army quickly.

It's probably better for oak then erebus because oak's spirits are already higher hp, and have much better mobility.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.