The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Time to nerf minions... In pantheon it's minions almost every.... game.

By on December 23, 2009 9:39:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The biggest problem with minions is they take way too long to kill (they are way too strong in terms of hp/dps for the # of them you get), and there's too many of them, almost every pantheon game is oak and ereb every... single... game.  There needs to be anti minion on demigod skills I can think of lots of really easy fixes

Increase demigod damage vs minions and...

-Take away user movement from minions, so minions can't camp out and chase, It really ruins domination and fortress in pantheon.  What is really insane is creepers and minions 2x ereb with creep death, the the amount of guys there is just way too much esp on small maps like prison

-Take away minions from ereb if he's gone creeps so he can't just keep spawning endless hords, ereb has good PVP skills, stun + teleport anyway.  It makes 2v2 in pantheon unbalanced because minions just take way too long to die.

-Make minions always have to stay within range of caster.

-Make Torch Fire nova tosses all minions, or frost nova + bliz = instant shatter and and/or spells do 2x damage vs minions, this would do a lot to rebalance pantheon.  Either that or limit the number of minions.  Every game in pantheon = ereb + ereb or ereb + oak almost it's insane.

0 Karma | 48 Replies
December 23, 2009 11:42:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Take away minions from ereb if he's gone creeps so he can't just keep spawning endless hords, ereb has good PVP skills, stun + teleport anyway. It makes 2v2 in pantheon unbalanced because minions just take way too long to die.

Do you mean take away the minion skill from erebus?

Don't play pantheon...

Also the skill and gold investment to make minions that powerful means that once you destroy them, unless you have died or somehow fed the other demi, you should be able to push them out of the lane

In addition, erebus has only one good aoe... mist and it takes a lot of mana to destroy a creep wave thus its actually hard for an erebus to spawn minions if you don't either leave him in a lane or do it for him

December 23, 2009 12:00:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Parasite Egg, Parasite Egg, Parasite Egg. 

It seems a little expensive, but it should definitely help.

Second, don't ever try to tank the General and his army.  You're an assassin.  Boost your mana, boost your mobility, and spike the shit out of him.  Don't ever try to take an HP stacked general head on 1v1.  Get him 2v1 and he hasn't a chance.

Also buff your towers and your creeps.

December 23, 2009 1:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On top of what has already been said, the fact that minions have an hp bug which makes trying to up there hp with items not work. These changes would also put shamblers into a state of uselessness which they have barely taken a step out of.

December 23, 2009 1:30:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I mean reduce the stats of the minions or reduce the # of minions he can have at any one time, creeps + minions is just insane on prison in 2v2.

December 23, 2009 1:32:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@joedragon

The problem is in  game modes like fortress in pantheon you can't select generals (i.e. I'm light torchbear), the other side is always Erb or oak every game.   It just ruins the game.  I thought the whole point of pantheon is the ladder, how can there be a ladder if the game is so fundamentally broken?  How is someone on the assasin side supposed to deal with minions on fortress, domination and small maps like prison? it doesn't make any kind of sense.

December 23, 2009 1:36:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@synnworld

I don't have any problems with shamblers but I do have a problem with summonable minions they are just way too tough to kill in 2v2 in pantheon where you can only be one side or the other.  I think pantheon 2v2 highlights the imbalance well.

December 23, 2009 2:07:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting joe_the_dragon,

It seems a little expensive, but it should definitely help.

Second, don't ever try to tank the General and his army.  You're an assassin.  Boost your mana, boost your mobility, and spike the shit out of him.  Don't ever try to take an HP stacked general head on 1v1.  Get him 2v1 and he hasn't a chance.

Also buff your towers and your creeps.

Natures Reckoning works very well early game. 

j

December 23, 2009 2:08:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting niz032,
@synnworld

I don't have any problems with shamblers but I do have a problem with summonable minions they are just way too tough to kill in 2v2 in pantheon where you can only be one side or the other.  I think pantheon 2v2 highlights the imbalance well.

I think you are getting your minions mixed up because shamblers are summonable minions. What you wish is to reduce minions to the point where minion builds are no longer viable. The problem with that is they are generals, and they are suppose to focus on those minions. What makes minions possible is the fact that they attack with in a group. Even why you say that minions like spirits can't even attack a moving target, and for LE to focus on minions he would A. have to lessen his own power and B. Stay in the front lines to keep his minions coming after they die.

Quoting niz032,
@joedragon

The problem is in  game modes like fortress in pantheon you can't select generals (i.e. I'm light torchbear), the other side is always Erb or oak every game.   It just ruins the game.  I thought the whole point of pantheon is the ladder, how can there be a ladder if the game is so fundamentally broken?  How is someone on the assasin side supposed to deal with minions on fortress, domination and small maps like prison? it doesn't make any kind of sense.

At higher levels a torch bearer shouldn't have any problem getting rid of minion waves; especially if they are spirits.

December 23, 2009 3:01:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@joedragon

The problem is in game modes like fortress in pantheon you can't select generals (i.e. I'm light torchbear), the other side is always Erb or oak every game. It just ruins the game. I thought the whole point of pantheon is the ladder, how can there be a ladder if the game is so fundamentally broken? How is someone on the assasin side supposed to deal with minions on fortress, domination and small maps like prison? it doesn't make any kind of sense

again don't play pantheon, there is a reason that people like cataract...

December 23, 2009 3:16:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The biggest problem with minions is they take way too long to kill

no

the biggest problem is normal settings ARE NOT balanced

generals are too strong with them, i fought enough in the early time to make ppl understand it but its a lost cause

anyway nothing you can do, generals (erebus and oak first but even sedna in some combo) are just too strong with normal settings

December 23, 2009 5:05:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your problem is not minons build, your problem is you don't know the counters against it:

Each assassin (dont know about DA) has a fine counter against minions build, be patient, don't play too risky and your time to attack will come.

Most of you are  using insane builds --> take a look through the forum and you will find some decent advices for each Demigod build! Please invest some time to get better, or put me to your friend list and ask me in a chat for some basics, but please stop whining!!!!

December 23, 2009 5:39:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thats bullshit Monochrom. Play me 1vs1 general vs assasin and I will assure you, I will come out victorious.

December 23, 2009 5:53:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly how do a reg counter a minion build?

December 23, 2009 6:27:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Exactly how do a reg counter a minion build?

How can reg counter anything? Isn't he supposed to be a support type character (like sedna, but not the same)?

Playing reg 1v1 just doesn't make sense to me, imo.

December 23, 2009 6:59:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting monarch_dodra,

Quoting synnworld, reply 13Exactly how do a reg counter a minion build?
How can reg counter anything? Isn't he supposed to be a support type character (like sedna, but not the same)?

So now you contradict what you said earlier about each assassin having a counter for a minion build?

December 23, 2009 7:01:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So now you contradict what you said earlier about each assassin having a counter for a minion build?

Mines....

December 23, 2009 7:12:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Monochrom_Atom,
Your problem is not minons build, your problem is you don't know the counters against it:

Each assassin (dont know about DA) has a fine counter against minions build, be patient, don't play too risky and your time to attack will come.

LOL not at all

with a general you can take towers at lvl 1, while assassins can only watch, not talking about kills... no way any assassing can kill erebus or oak EVER

if you upgrade towers ofc you "counter minions" but you lose either any chance of killing cause assassins DO need equip to make some kill

December 23, 2009 7:21:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Mines....
thats if the creep way doesn't get to them first. And I didn't know mines effected spirits or killed fully leveled night crawlers.

December 23, 2009 7:45:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

assassains vs generals pro tips

no.1 pick parasite egg, cast the biggest nuke/aoe you have on enemy demigod, bye bye minions.

no.2 no idol minions but want heals? buy early priests + scrap your beloved BotF for dark vial.

I haven't played Demigod in a while, but I see that the Erebus QQ is still going strong, damn that hero needs a nerf.

December 23, 2009 9:27:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mist, Mist, Mist. I'm not saying minions need a nerf, but using a parasite egg against a good EB is a waste of money.

Also is it me or does it have a very, very limited range? It really doesn't seem like it has the listed 15 yard tooltip range, my character darts into melee range every time I try to use one. Overall the thing just sucks, in my experience.

December 23, 2009 11:33:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting niz032, reply 6@synnworld

I think you are getting your minions mixed up because shamblers are summonable minions. What you wish is to reduce minions to the point where minion builds are no longer viable.

No way totem minion builds are TOO VIABLE, every single game, look at the stats for pantheon wins, Erb and Oak take the cake the numbers are there they disproportionately win .  2v2 minion builds early game make it difficult because mana is in such short supply and spells don't do enough damage early game (leading them to map control) because it gives the generals a lead on levels, once erb and oak can do fine on their own once they hit a certain level.  The problem you're not getting is that with minions you can ALWAYS maintain your lead.  Play 2v2 prison, one team goes assins, the other goes 2x erb, or erb and oak on fortress.  IMHO you need to play more pantheon, and the real issue is with the totem summonables (siege, king, priest), assasins skills need to be able to do better damage because of PRIESTS, the toughness of the totem minions are what make the whole thing so insane because casters like Torch have fairly high cooldowns so can't recast fast enough to finish off minions.   Do 2v2 prison - gametype fortress, or the same on cataract with minion builds vs assasin, its incredibly difficult because they can control minions and position them to keep you busy while they are off whacking forts, etc.

At higher levels a torch bearer shouldn't have any problem getting rid of minion waves; especially if they are spirits.

It doesn't matter because Torch can't get to high level because minion builds can always maintain gold flag or flag advantages (warpoint advantage) BECAUSE you can't kill the damn minions, and because minions can be controlled by the user the generals can freely be in more then once place at once (use minions to go attack towers while the attack fortress) trust me I've played enough Demigod to know.

The easiest way to see how imbalanced it is, is to play prison fortress assasin vs general, tell me how it works out for you with ANY amount of "Strategy" almost every strategy requires equipment to take down demi's because assasins simply cannot do enough damage to generals and minions fast enough.

December 23, 2009 11:41:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShakeNBake,
assassains vs generals pro tips

no.1 pick parasite egg, cast the biggest nuke/aoe you have on enemy demigod, bye bye minions.

no.2 no idol minions but want heals? buy early priests + scrap your beloved BotF for dark vial.

I haven't played Demigod in a while, but I see that the Erebus QQ is still going strong, damn that hero needs a nerf.

None of what you suggest will work in gametypes like fortress or domination, go play 2v2 2x erb, or erb and oak, assasins vs generals, against good players see how your "strat" it works out for you, the problem is they can control flags (gold/experience, etc) for the entire game and keep warscore higher then yours.  The point is you're not seeing how minions make control of the flow of the game way out of whack.  2v2 fortress prison, or 2v2 fortress zikurat, go find good team and play them, they will have map control very quickly and you'll be starved for warpoints and gold.

December 24, 2009 12:00:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting niz032,

Quoting synnworld, reply 8
Quoting niz032, reply 6@synnworld

I think you are getting your minions mixed up because shamblers are summonable minions. What you wish is to reduce minions to the point where minion builds are no longer viable.
No way totem minion builds are TOO VIABLE, every single game, look at the stats for pantheon wins, Erb and Oak take the cake the numbers are there they disproportionately win .  2v2 minion builds early game make it difficult because mana is in such short supply and spells don't do enough damage early game (leading them to map control) because it gives the generals a lead on levels, once erb and oak can do fine on their own once they hit a certain level.  The problem you're not getting is that with minions you can ALWAYS maintain your lead.  Play 2v2 prison, one team goes assins, the other goes 2x erb, or erb and oak on fortress.  IMHO you need to play more pantheon, and the real issue is with the totem summonables (siege, king, priest), assasins skills need to be able to do better damage because of PRIESTS, the toughness of the totem minions are what make the whole thing so insane because casters like Torch have fairly high cooldowns so can't recast fast enough to finish off minions.   Do 2v2 prison - gametype fortress, or the same on cataract with minion builds vs assasin, its incredibly difficult because they can control minions and position them to keep you busy while they are off whacking forts, etc.

It doesn't matter because Torch can't get to high level because minion builds can always maintain gold flag or flag advantages (warpoint advantage) BECAUSE you can't kill the damn minions, and because minions can be controlled by the user the generals can freely be in more then once place at once (use minions to go attack towers while the attack fortress) trust me I've played enough Demigod to know.

The easiest way to see how imbalanced it is, is to play prison fortress assasin vs general, tell me how it works out for you with ANY amount of "Strategy" almost every strategy requires equipment to take down demi's because assasins simply cannot do enough damage to generals and minions fast enough.

Reread what you just wrote 2X erebus or erebus and oak. Whether you they minion build or not unles you are sedna and ub than chances are you will lose. Beginning game Minion builds are not that powerful and you can easily push a minion ere or oak especially oak away from a flag. I see now what you are complaining about are the idols not the minions; but minion builds don't only incorperate them every build does.  A tb should be the highest level out of all other demigods; second if qot is in game. If not than the player is doing something wrong, not the opponents build. And as said before if you can't take losing than just don't play patheon. Or look around these forums you will found many ways to deal with idols and minions.

December 24, 2009 3:30:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Having only said one thing inside this thread, I doubt I could "contradict what I said earlier". But do humour me.

December 24, 2009 11:33:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it's easy to get lots of minions because you only need to invest in a few skill points.

It's hard to get "good" minions without investing lots of skills and money.

I am betting it's not the minions that are doing you in, but a hybrid build. Where the DG can beat you in a confrontation, and then his "average" minions can go to town.

eg: I would love to see someone play a Queen, Sedna, or Oak and invest in nothing but minion skills and items. I don't think they would be very dangerous at all.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.