The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

+47 Karma | 632 Replies
January 22, 2011 11:30:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Completed:

Eviction:

Consumable: Cost 450 

Range 15.

Cast time 1.2

Enemy demigod is teleported to their health crystal. (leaves minions out in the field)

January 22, 2011 11:59:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok iteration 2.2.0

5 new items for testing,

some balance changes 

Tooltip fixes etc

(see previous posts for details)

This is a testing version ONLY, i will be releasing further updated revisions later on today/soon

(hopefully with another 4-5 items)

Exx

V2.2.0 

http://www.mediafire.com/?y9jjeqdb37vb2kh

January 23, 2011 2:43:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love the ignorance concept.  That's great and very strong.  I think we should test it - it might be op.  As long as the effect is applied to all demigods and NOT just allied demigods, it could be reasonable.  If it only hurts dgs on the same team, then I recommend setting it up like deep freeze - where if someone casts an ability between 0 seconds and 7 seconds or whatever it is, then the effect is applied. 

It sounds like teamplayer stacks is crazy OP, though.  A sigil increases your hp by 50% for 20 seconds.  This item sounds like you get 25% of your hp increased by standing near 1 enemy... then another 25% if you stand by another... and 50% for every friendly dg... so... in a 3v3 battle, this item would give you a 100% bonus for your team... and a 75% bonus for the enemy team?   So... If my base HP is 3k, then with just my teammates nearby, I'm at 6k... and then with 3 enemies nearby I'm at like 8k or so?  Also, I carry a sigil... so I cast that and I'm at 12k?  If that's how it works... CHANGE IT... I would only ever use this item... ever.  as its op. 

Hopefully it doesn't work like a sigil where you get the increased HP + the cap increase (eg, hopefully you max HP just goes up.. that's actually still VERY strong for sigils though. 

January 23, 2011 4:48:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Teamplayer gives you bonus Regeneration (both health and mana) not max health/mana (sorry if i caused any confusion)

ignorance: this currently only affects enemy demigods. It seems like it should be ok (from my experience) as you know you have it on so you can selectively cast your spell before activating it (ie sigil) and the AOE is tiny (you pretty much have to be in melee distance).

Let me know how they seem

Exx

January 23, 2011 4:21:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gotcha.  I'll see if I can get some testing in today.  And heads up, I won't be adding this to the combined distribution package until you decide to make an official release. 

January 23, 2011 7:45:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gotcha.  I'll see if I can get some testing in today.  And heads up, I won't be adding this to the combined distribution package until you decide to make an official release. 

TY, i will see if i can get on vent this morning maybe have a few games with you

and yere, that would be good, i dont know how well the new items are balanced because i havent had much of a chance to test them of late

January 23, 2011 8:27:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

k first fix: 

vampire mits tooltip fixed and item rebalanced to 4 health gain per attack. Fixed so that it will gain health on killing stroke

January 23, 2011 11:39:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok added some new effects to some of the items:

beserker

Mindblank

will be looking at adding some new effects to all of my on use items, but this depends on the time it takes for me to do so (it took 15+ hours just for those two lol).

Exx

January 24, 2011 1:40:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok now added sound effects and effects to both vortex and the vortex tower 

--> big plume of smoke and hammerslam sound effect

eviction now has its own effect during casting

January 24, 2011 2:05:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe - going to sleep.  I check this all out tomorrow.  How about another test build release please?  Haven't tried out your previous test release, but if this is solid, might as well get me testing that now instead of the day old version. Anyway, I'll make some time tomorrow for this. 

January 24, 2011 3:22:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kk np pacov, i will see what i can get out

added dejavu cloak effect

added a new item :

Iron Mask: cost 2600

2% of armor is converted to weapon damage

500 armor 

12% attack speed

January 24, 2011 6:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

uploading V221 now: 

http://www.mediafire.com/?zcxssucgrijxs7x

Will be doing some more work on this today as well

Exx

January 24, 2011 9:44:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ignorance: this currently only affects enemy demigods. It seems like it should be ok (from my experience) as you know you have it on so you can selectively cast your spell before activating it (ie sigil) and the AOE is tiny (you pretty much have to be in melee distance).

- tried this out.  Me likey so far. 

Tried vampire mits... not too sure what I think about this one.  Kind of like the potential, but I'm not sure if I'm just using terrible math.  +4 perm hp gain sounds good.  less 1% life per hit doesn't as much.  Lots of fun math involved here (when stacked with life drain, etc.  Anyway, wouldn't change it, but the jury is out.

tried team player - was fun vs ai, but need to see it in action in a game.  Might be too strong... too weak, no idea yet. 

January 25, 2011 9:55:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

vampire mits i found worked really well on eribus: natural regen and monks pretty much negates the negative side and by endgame i have had 1200 extra health. Note to get this tho i was extremely weak at the start so i figure it balances with BoTF. Early game bite helps as well.

Teamplayer i found to be a good sed item:

All regen build (innergrace, healing wind, monks and heal prioritized. I then picked up pounce at like lvl 10 but this allowed me to stay out on the field for a Very long time lol. Not many kills offset by number of creeps killed/xp gained.

Just wondering if you have had a look at the new effects. Any ideas on other items that might need them?

Exx

Also what can you try out the new helm for me and tell me what you think? I think it might need a nerf to maybe 1.5% of armor converted to damage (from 2) but would like another oppinion

January 25, 2011 11:05:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wondering if you have had a look at the new effects. Any ideas on other items that might need them?

I take a look at this today. 

January 25, 2011 11:29:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

added dejavu cloak effect - I like.  Nice job!

Ok now added sound effects and effects to both vortex and the vortex tower  - I think I like this as well.  The hammer slam effect right as you are getting sucked in adds a little drama.  Good stuff.

eviction now has its own effect during casting - Eviction looks very good as well.  The ability itself might need changed as far as cost goes.  I'd say leave it as it is now, as it is a bit of fun to force someone back to the crystal for 500 gold, but it's probably too cheap for what it does.  Good decision on cast time, imo. 

beserker - this is ok.  I like the effect just fine, but I got to thinking...with an ability called be beserker, maybe you should give it some sort of screaming sound effect ... dunno, like the sound a few creeps or dgs make when dying, maybe?  Just a thought.

mindblank - also a cool effect.  Nice job!

Noticed a strange bug.  This happened when I was using reg (might just be an assassin thing).  Click on the favor tab that has venom stone on it.  Click on the tab just above it that has blade of the serpent.  See how the tab with venom stone is still high lighted?  Same thing happens if you click on ANY tab and then click on the tab with blade of the serpent, actually. 

January 25, 2011 1:06:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ty for feedback . +1

tonight i managed to get my first new effect texture into the game:

New chain lightning effect for albatross and adds a grey cloud of smoke on the unit after it strikes. 3 layer golden lightning

@bug: i have know about that for a while and i even know what is causing it, (the making avalible of both general and assassin tabs to all demigods) it is about 2 lines of code but i havent been able to fix it as of yet (actually spent alot of time playing around with it trying to get it to go away lol).

January 25, 2011 9:44:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
January 26, 2011 3:48:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tonight:

Will be looking into:

beserker -this is ok.  I like the effect just fine, but I got to thinking...with an ability called be beserker, maybe you should give it some sort of screaming sound effect ... dunno, like the sound a few creeps or dgs make when dying, maybe?  Just a thought.

New items i will be investigating tonight:

12. Illusion Field

Boots: Cost 950

For every 1% movement speed you have (above 0) you gain 0.5% evasion.

13.  Fail Safe:

Consumable: Cost 400

ALL demigods in range 25 are teleported to their nearest friendly structure, (not flags) and interrupted

15. Broth of Battle:

Consumable: Cost 380

All cooldowns are reset

16. Spotlight

FavorItem:

After being hit (weapon Proc 100%), demigods will no longer be able to hide in the fog of war.

18. Gargantuan Greaves

Boots: Cost 4800

Enemy demigods that strike demigod with Gargantuan Greaves (armor proc 100%) will have their damage reduced by 5%, movement speed reduced by 2% and armor reduced by 3% for 5 seconds. This will stack.

600 Max Health

800 Mana

Will post up as the night progresses .

Exx

Edit:

Beserker Now plays Eribus death sound on activation.

Note will also be looking into new effects for 6 of the other favoritems

January 26, 2011 12:50:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fun stuff! If I could only get a few people together to try her out!

January 26, 2011 3:05:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

pacov will appear... just a matter of you appearing.

January 26, 2011 9:51:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i am up for a game, give me a time (US central) and i will try to be there

Currently working on merlins magic missle effect: i am trying to change it from a beam weapon to a projectile (hopefully i can make it a spinning fireball composed of 4 fireballs of differnt colours (black, green, white, magneta)

Made a new beam effect but i dont yet have an item to put it on.

January 26, 2011 10:18:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

change to wand of the wastes:

This now has a cast time of 1 second (used to be instant) but the range has been increased to 27.

cooldown has been increased to 42

January 27, 2011 1:01:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 470

pacov will appear... just a matter of you appearing.

This weekend would be great seeing as usually people have off and school is not in session, maybe we could bully a few people on vent into a game between the two of us.

January 27, 2011 4:35:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK after playing with Magic missles ALL DAY (lol) i have finally got it to something suitable - summons three missiles which have a spread fire pattern (all launch within 0.3 seconds of casting. I learnt ALOT lol.

New texture for casting effect (basically rune-portal)

Sound added

New textures for all 3 fireballs and new effects for each. (Green, orange and blue)

damage dealt per missile is : 

hero:GetLevel() * 30 + 150 

Also fixed beserker animation, it is now working a bit better.

missiles ignore armor

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.