The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

Locked Post 634 Replies +8
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 23, 2009 8:12:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

December 23, 2009 8:45:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like them

December 23, 2009 8:46:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Most will be interested in knowing the refresh rate of several items. 

Also, the icons seem a little off given the names (for example, glove icon for Wraith Gloves, chest piece for Armourment, stone icon for Wraith Stone, wand icon for Wand of Wastes, stone/orb icon for static orb).

I think some may consider several items a bit OP (Static Orb can give several DGs a pretty big advantage; for example, Sedna can now have three interrupts).  I would actually remove the movement speed on the Static Orb as the interrupt is a huge ability in itself.  I can see the interrupt being handy for DGs who don't have access to one (for example, Regulus), so I wouldn't dismiss it as an item.  I believe the only other item allowing an interrupt/silence is an artifact (which most never have access to in a game).

Overall, great work, although I'm sure most will offer some additional tweaking suggestions.

December 23, 2009 11:34:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cheers, Fixed icons now and have modified items to make less powerful overall.

I would actually remove the movement speed on the Static Orb as the interrupt is a huge ability in itself. I can see the interrupt being handy for DGs who don't have access to one (for example, Regulus), so I wouldn't dismiss it as an item. I believe the only other item allowing an interrupt/silence is an artifact (which most never have access to in a game).

Added cast time and reduced damage by alot to prevent spamming early game. 40 second cooldown makes it usable for the prevent of caplocking (45s cooldown for this item). Reduced movement speed buff by a small amount but left the buff on as compensation for the other nerfs.

December 23, 2009 12:14:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Changes sound very reasonable, and I can see each of these favor items being very reasonable choices for certain DGs. 

Do the Wraith Gloves proc off of creeps/minions or only DGs?

December 23, 2009 9:50:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Changes sound very reasonable, and I can see each of these favor items being very reasonable choices for certain DGs. 

Do the Wraith Gloves proc off of creeps/minions or only DGs?

gloves proc off everything which is why i have reduced the amount gained against the amount drained such that this item does not remove BotS from its position as best mana item. However i have been having a fair amount of success with keeping my mana up upon purchasing just vlemish (so this item prbly saves you one slot for high mana builds).

Also have been testing with gauntlets of despair and have been finding that mana drain builds are now viable for long drawn out battles.

Exx

December 28, 2009 9:47:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Significant update made - 3 new items and a few small changes to some of the previous items, see original post

December 28, 2009 8:31:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good work exx!

some really nice stuff even with some alteration to the original ideas.

ill try test these as soon as i can

December 29, 2009 2:48:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Holy frak, you have favor idols? This warrants a karma from me.

December 29, 2009 5:11:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
Holy frak, you have favor idols? This warrants a karma from me.

why ty!

actually tower rook with these is REALLY fun, going to upload a movie with it soon

December 30, 2009 2:00:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Added video of rook with creeps and annotated changes i have seen to be appropriate during playtesting.

Also added soon to be favour items.

December 30, 2009 2:07:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good work exx!

some really nice stuff even with some alteration to the original ideas.

ill try test these as soon as i can

KK that would be great look forward to hearing from you soon. Be as critical as you can, that way we can make sure that these are somewhat balanced

December 30, 2009 5:34:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Giving a shameless bump because it would be great to have others see your favor items, and hopefully they can be a common mod.

P.S.  Nice video!

December 30, 2009 7:01:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://67.55.41.251/Demigod/Favormod.zip

With new Icon for the top 8 rows

December 30, 2009 11:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Giving a shameless bump because it would be great to have others see your favor items, and hopefully they can be a common mod.

ty, glad you like it

With new Icon for the top 8 rows

Why Thankyou  for you! [credited for it]

If anyone else wants to contribute as well feel free to post it up .

Update with 2 new items and with new icons

Also need some ideas for new effects - what builds would you guys like to see added? Any new minion effects you think would be useful?

January 1, 2010 2:46:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated to V1.5

- number of important bug fixes

- 2 new items

January 3, 2010 6:21:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump - comming soon added

January 3, 2010 6:43:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Favor totems are freaking awesome. That alone makes this want to be in the game.

January 3, 2010 6:53:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why ty, also +1 for helping playtest earlier, helped me assess how these items match up against eachother. Really helped!

January 5, 2010 1:35:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric, you have great ideas, and you do a great job coding. Please give us more favor items! Damn, Frogboy needs to look at some of these.

I am playtesting these at the moment. I'll let you know what I think.

January 5, 2010 2:53:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric, you have great ideas, and you do a great job coding. Please give us more favor items! Damn, Frogboy needs to look at some of these.
Ty,

and

I am playtesting these at the moment. I'll let you know what I think.

That would be great , should have the next version out some time tonight if your interested in trying it out, - its 5:30 pm here.

Bit stuck on skeleton key, so i dont know if that will make it in, but i have towers balanced more now, new flame tower will require you to take a helm at the start to be able to use it - 1300 mana cost. It is rather powerful, slightly less than a standard archer tower (40dps i think) but it is very soft, a bit of a glass cannon support tower. I think that it will be a viable strategy in a 3v3 tho to take +building items, ie achitechs mechanism and optic enhancement (will be included in this build) to provide small staging ground where you can retreat to. Added a very long cooldown to further balance out the item.

Also completed mind blank, it is tb deep freeze (175% cooldown increase) but has a chain effect to nearby units (5) and lasts 6 seconds. Could be very useful against assasin generals.

January 5, 2010 3:34:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This mod looks rather interesting. Haven't really gotten to try it out yet, though I was able to help mrappard with his problems over at: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373008/#2497206

That was actually kinda fun. Learning a lot about lua:) Lemme know if either of you have any other problems.

January 5, 2010 2:06:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol its now 5 am, so i am not going to post tonight, prbly in the morning.

This mod looks rather interesting. Haven't really gotten to try it out yet, though I was able to help mrappard with his problems over at: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373008/#2497206

That was actually kinda fun. Learning a lot about lua:) Lemme know if either of you have any other problems.

Thats really nice mod (holy idol), and if mr rappard is working on something similar let me know how close you guys are getting and if you have it solved some time soon i will include it in the next release.

I got close to getting yours to work zechio, i could get the units to go throught the fire animation, just no projectile was produced. All i changed was the muzzle bone value.

Also if anyone has time i am trying to make these items. Wasted about 5 hours on them tonight.

1. Team Warp Structure. - Effectively portal scroll on .1 second cast, 18 range that teleports allied units in range (7)

2. Skeleton Key - As above.

Anyway, got 6 new items for next release so far, and might make another 1 or 2 before i upload.

Exx

January 5, 2010 2:30:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Dejavu Essence is extremely powerful. It's like a mixture of Staff of Renewal and Essence of Magic. I think it's on the brink of being overpowered, but I'm not sure.

I tried the Silence totem, and it wasn't reuseable enough to make it worth giving up a favor item slot. Perhaps reduce the cooldown to 30-45 seconds?

If you would like to make a lot of these favor items viable, they sadly need to add some health. Anything like 300+ health should be sufficient.

The Static Orb works great with UB, since he's the only Demigod that can double chain stun without the immunity effect.

January 5, 2010 2:33:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, Rapidshare is giving me problems ( as it tends to do...ugh. ) However, if you would like to, you can use an FTP account I set up for demigod on my server. This way, you and everyone else can have unlimited high speed access.

You just need an FTP client ( such as FileZilla: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client )

The host is: ftp.imperiuminferi.com

Username: [email protected]

Password: DemigodRocks!

( The D and R are capitalized )

The folder you're accessing is http://www.imperiuminferi.com/demigodftp

So, if you upload your mod file "Favormod1_5.rar" without adding a folder, the link to the file would simply be:

http://www.imperiuminferi.com/demigodftp/Favormod1_5.rar

although, you might want to create a folder for your own projects:)

I'll try to keep an eye on the ftp account/etc. and if anyone starts to abuse it, I'll pull it and just give out individual FTP accounts to people I feel I can trust a bit. If you see anything crazy going on, like someone changing your files without your permission, let me know.

Anyways, as soon as I can get the download to work so I can see what you have so far, I will see what I can do. Until then, I guess I'm off to continue work on that bone yaw problem and see if we can get the holy idol working perfectly!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000922   Page Render Time: