The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

DG Players: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Those to be Avoided

By on December 21, 2009 3:02:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This thread has been closed by pacov - a new thread has been created here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/383615

Why create this thread?

Simply stated, the ladder is generally not the best depiction of skill, imho.  It GENERALLY tracks who plays the game the most and/or who acts like a jerk by cheating instead of who the most talented players are.  That's not to say that everyone high up in the ladder falls into this category.  So, if I were to put together my own ladder that indicated skill, I wonder how things would shake out.  Obvious hurdles being that many highly skilled individuals don't play each other.  So, this requires either the people that don't play together to play more together (my personal choice) or I have to rely from feedback from other players.

Your part if you want to participate

Who do you guys think are the best players in demigod today?  I understand that its a team game, but individual players do tend to stand out (and I also know that one great player can't guarantee a win if he has weak teammates, etc).  I'm happy to have everyone's feedback.  I'm not looking for people to jump in and flame. Just call out who you think is great or who you'd like to see fight.  Perhaps we'll get games going.  You want to flame and talk crap, your post will probably end up deleted. 

You can nominate anyone you want.  To keep this from being a list of who likes who, several individuals that are generally considered excellent at the game will moderate the list.  If those individuals generally agree, a player can be removed or promoted in the list.

I've decided on 4 categories of players and have provided descriptions of each.  Please recommend players along with the category you feel they fit in.

Tier 1 Demigod Players:

Realistically, its my belief that there are 10-30 players in this game that are tier 1 DG players (the best). Those players shine as individuals, generally with a wide variety of characters and do not depend on a specific team or teammate to do well.  They can play exceptionally in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5.  These are players that do not cheat or desync games.  These are the people that you want on your team or you want to play against because you know you will get a good game.  Any player in this list or any other should currently be an active player.  

• abuggeredhedgie/awuffleablehedgie
  • cowbuttzex
  • kalelsmx
  • GM-Janook
  • gm-magnus333
  • GM-Mcshane
  • GM-Mithrander
  • GM-NinkiCZ
  • GM-Renz0kuken
  • GM-Zen_God
  • Nomilarac
  • Orcun
  • OMG-pacov
  • Paulie Carbone
  • RAWRRRR
  • ThatGuyYoulove/ boxxy_Koush
  • trousersnake

Tier 2 Demigod Players:

These are players that don't quite currently fit into highest level of players, but are good players all the same.  Perhaps they require a specific team or can only do well in specific types of games (1v1, 2v2).  The bottom line is that they aren't quite as polished or versatile as the highest level players. 

• 2nana
  • Alterschism 
  • Amazing_Hero (oak)
  • Archon_SAAR (regulus!)
  • Atma44x (torch bearer)
  • captnspaulding
  • Celmare
  • Darz4 (qot)
  • DD_Karebears
  • Epiphenomenon (beast)
  • Esuzu
  • eXXcentric
  • Grahf666
  • IamKira
  • _illuminati_
  • Iokke
  • irek1988/never-fuk-wit-a-oak
  • Jaws8you
  • Jona__
  • Jongalt26
  • Ke5trel
  • Kitty007
  • Kollecktir
  • Lethstang (oak + ub)
  • lifekatana
  • LuftBR
  • Maccilia
  • Naur (oak + da + reg)
  • Obiwhan
  • Ogham
  • peterdumptruck
  • prozombie
  • Shred_demon (demon assassin)
  • Soccer-mom
  • spooky_
  • STFNG
  • Teseer (tb)
  • Thundercles
  • xXxXxAchillesTGxXxX
  • Xynth
  • yeahneil
  • Zoahr

Tier 3 Demigod Players:

A third group (or list) would be everyone else. No need to list individuals...

Demigod Players that Should Be Avoided:

These would be specific individuals that clearly (and I mean clearly) cheat.  You don't get on this list unless I (pacov) am VERY convinced that you belong here.

• AlienWarrior - This player should be avoided.  Stat exploiter confirmed by pacov.  As of 1/5/2010, this player has 34 wins and 0 losses and is ladder ranked 34.  I played a game with him in a 1v1 with him as the host.  After confirming that the player spoke English, I asked him if he would let the stats count if I beat him (there is currently a simple exploit that enables any host in a 1v1 game to make the game disappear if they don't want the stats to be kept - Also note that this player plays almost exclusively 1v1 games).  The player did not respond to my question.  As I began to tear down both sides of the player's base, he used the stat exploit and the game vanished as a result.  The player used this exploit with about 10 minutes left in the game.  Based on his stats and skill level (read: not highly skilled), this player is clearly exploiting the stat system.
  • PrizmSmurf - This player should be avoided.  Stat exploiter and poor sport confirmed by pacov on 4/1/2010.  After losing in a 2v2 matchup, PrizmSmurf said "I hope you die a long slow death of cancer.  I mean it."  Then said, "Bet you are going to enjoy watching me desync."  Then, just before the citadel went down, desynced the game. Based on his stats, he clearly does not desync games on a regular basis, but wishing cancer on someone because they beat you in a game and then committing the one offense in demigod that can get you banned (saying you are desycning then desyncing) is a bit over the top.  I suggest you avoid him. 
+171 Karma | 1616 Replies
May 26, 2010 8:53:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to ask about Chur86. I played with him some time and each time he's loosing, when the citadel is down he just quit. Maybe he try to do invalid or bug game that doest count. Just want to know if u get this when u played with Chur86. If yes, maybe put him on person to be avoid !!

If this "quit" when the citadel is destroy does no crash, game doesnt count or invalid, then i apologise for this. Otherwise, avoid him to previent invalid and game crash.

May 26, 2010 10:05:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

Quoting GM-McShane87, reply 1386

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 1385
Lifekatana would have a stroke if he read some of this shit.

Cow has the best QoT build now, let's see if he agrees and uses it in the tourney.

I'll also add that getting interrupted changing forms is a death sentence because all sorts of bugs happen in laggy games.

I am afraid you are incorrect.  Though I do not even know what it is; as the only QoT's still left in the tournament, either Rawrr or I have the best build, you can't argue with results!  Cow was beat in the first round like a month ago. 

First round? take a look at the brakets again. I am sure my queen is just as good as rawrr's or your build. I am sure they are almost exactly the same as well amongst the 3.

You're too late here Cow, I've already exclaimed that you can't argue with results. 

May 26, 2010 10:08:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_NinkiCZ,

It's like how you were quick to criticize why Jona isn't Tier 1 although he posted up 6 replays of him beating Tier 1s. While it's easy to point out other people's faults with their logic, you're being oblivious to your own.

Can we look forward to team Jona/Ninki if there is another tournament?

May 26, 2010 4:24:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,

lol all you want, you're still not on the list and it's not because we haven't played against you.  

Haha, aawwwwww man you're gonna make me cry and beg . No, you've barely played with or against me, from T1 i've only played semi-frequently with Hedgie and Cow, cos they're the only who "go down your pedestals"    to play PUG games. And Cow has proposed me for T1 a pair of times already, but nevermind that.

I've played with a LOT of people.. not just solely with and against the other people on Tier 1.  Do I prefer to play with / against those people?  Yes, I enjoy a good game.  That's kind of the point.  But I would be surprised if you mentioned someone who's very good and I have never played with or against them.

Yeah right.... The way i see this list, T1 indicates players (with aforementioned exceptions) that only play with other top players in their teams, or a few selected T2 players IF on voice communication. T2 players just aren't that afraid of losing or whatever, and play any reasonably balanced game they can, so i'm kinda proud of being part of it, along guys as Alterschism, Atma, Celmare, Grahf, Kira, Naur, Shred, ThunderCles, Zoahr, etc....

You still haven't mentioned anyone you think should be on Tier 1 and isn't and why you think they should be Tier 1.  It sounds like you're just bitching to bitch.

Yes I did, myself . Pls reread my previous post, i don't think my english is THAT bad. But nevermind that, i'd rather be where i am or out of this silly list entirely, i just don't care.

May 26, 2010 4:51:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

just to chime in here... I haven't really made any changes to the list recently... I'm planning on waiting for the tourney to finish and then starting an overhall... or abandoning this silly list completely...

May 26, 2010 5:10:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

According to the Tier list GM still has a lot of members 

May 26, 2010 6:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow nom, I've never seen someone use the   emoticon before.

Now someone needs to find a way to cleverly use this one:  

May 26, 2010 6:10:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The troll emoticon works well by itself if you don't feel like writing a paragraph long response to an obvious troll post. The pizza one makes me too hungry though. 

May 26, 2010 6:16:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's a pizza?!

I thought it was a face covered in roses.

May 26, 2010 6:16:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If pizza faces make you hungry, you should of seen me in Middle School. You'd be fuckin starving. 

May 26, 2010 6:25:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
If pizza faces make you hungry, you should of seen me in Middle School. You'd be fuckin starving. 

No way, you weren't always a toothpick?

May 26, 2010 6:25:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nomilarac,

Yeah right.... The way i see this list, T1 indicates players (with aforementioned exceptions) that only play with other top players in their teams, or a few selected T2 players IF on voice communication. T2 players just aren't that afraid of losing or whatever, and play any reasonably balanced game they can, so i'm kinda proud of being part of it, along guys as Alterschism, Atma, Celmare, Grahf, Kira, Naur, Shred, ThunderCles, Zoahr, etc....

Yes I did, myself . Pls reread my previous post, i don't think my english is THAT bad. But nevermind that, i'd rather be where i am or out of this silly list entirely, i just don't care.

I've played w/ and against all of those people you mentioned, and I pug games about as often as some people play this game altogether.

P.S.  If I was trolling you it would be a lot worse.  However, your posts are getting so ridiculous that your trolling is getting stupid and not worth replying to.  At least say something worth reading.

May 26, 2010 6:30:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think I've seen a non-negative post from Rawr in a looooooooong time.

May 26, 2010 6:37:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
I don't think I've seen a non-negative post from Rawr in a looooooooong time.

May 26, 2010 6:39:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_NinkiCZ,
That's a pizza?!

I thought it was a face covered in roses.

So you must have been really confused when you saw the code for it is ":pizza:"

May 26, 2010 6:42:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wish my brain was still so drugged up that "loooooooooong time" = a day.

Most of my negative comments are in reply to other negative comments.  I generally take on the attitude of whoever is posting.  

May 26, 2010 6:44:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_NinkiCZ,

No way, you weren't always a toothpick?
It was more the acne. I hated getting into fights just because being hit in the face popped like 15 zits each time.

May 26, 2010 6:46:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,
I wish my brain was still so drugged up that "loooooooooong time" = a day.

Most of my negative comments are in reply to other negative comments.  I generally take on the attitude of whoever is posting.  
Yet another negative post! You're on a roll.

But no, its been like a week. Maybe you should be more drugged up.

May 26, 2010 6:54:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,

Quoting OMG_NinkiCZ, reply 1411
No way, you weren't always a toothpick?It was more the acne. I hated getting into fights just because being hit in the face popped like 15 zits each time.

Ouch!  And kind of nasty =/.  

I don't feel like replying to Rawwr and quoting every little thing because like you said he is always negative.  It seems like the more times I beat him in balanced 3v3s the more mean he is to me.  Alas ill just keep him muted like peterdumptruck =o.

May 26, 2010 6:59:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,

No way, you weren't always a toothpick?It was more the acne. I hated getting into fights just because being hit in the face popped like 15 zits each time.

Easy solution: Don't get into fights

Fun solution: Fight better

May 26, 2010 7:06:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometimes you can't help it.

Lucky I'm the exact size right now that I was in middle school. I just shot up in size and build and...just kinda stopped. I was huge. Then...everyone else caught up by the end of High School.

May 26, 2010 7:06:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But no.. it's been a day.  I suppose people only see what they want to see.

Agreed tho, I should be more drugged up

May 26, 2010 7:08:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should of heard yourself last night. You RUINED the game for me with your constant bitching.

In fact, the day before you were bitching like a champ too.

May 26, 2010 7:26:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I heard myself fine.. sorry if you got caught in between me and Peter.  We played together more later on, appologized to each other, and we're fine, but I'm sorry if you're still upset over it.  Everyone releases frustration in different ways.  Again, I'm sorry Peter's / my way last night continues to bother you today.

But if this thread is turning into a "rawr sucks" thread, I suppose I'll vacate for a while so you can talk freely about me without my interruptions

May 26, 2010 7:30:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, go Rawr somewhere else. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.