The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

lobby sploits?

By on December 17, 2009 7:00:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey all,

am wondering if there is any way the host can prevent the game settings from displaying correctly in the lobby?

Just finished a 'game' against 3 nubs who had it set to dominate on a 3k limit and just literally bought locks non stop from level 1. Their builds were piles of shite (as were their playstyles) but they won because of cheap, stupid and dirty settings. This would be fair enough if the game options had displayed correctly, but it all said normal except ai hitpoints, xp and gold were on low - this I am 100% certain of, I have been playing this long enough to know to check game settings and as such I do every time.

Anyone else come across something similar?

+2 Karma | 3 Replies
December 17, 2009 8:37:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a common bug in the lobby. It happens sometimes, some players dont see the actual settings of the game, until the host refreshes them (change, and change them back).

As far as i know, it cannot be done on purpose as a way to exploit.

December 18, 2009 12:35:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As far as i know, it cannot be done on purpose as a way to exploit.

same in my experience.  I haven't come across this as an exploit.

December 18, 2009 2:30:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pretty crazy that nobody on your team could interrupt a 2 sec cast and dominate their crappy builds and playstyles to then cap the flag and lock it for your team.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.