The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod Concept, The Old One

Even the sightless see

By on December 12, 2009 1:11:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My newest, and most surreal Demigod concept yet. My "Old One" is definetly an original, and i doubt will be seen anywhere else. Instead of so many other Demigod's relying on damage to kill oponets, what about confusion? Sure, Shadow Swap can cause some confusion, but DA's enitre purpose is not to invoke chaos and confusion. The Old one, a blind sorcerrer, is my latest. His odd spirit Daemon freind, Teardrop, is also an interesting addition. He is the only damage dealer for The Old one. Enjoy my latest!

Name: Unknown (other than the "Old One"

Origin: A man who simply seeks to see all, and know all. His sightlessness is simply a gift, in the form of a curse. He sees divine, while other see mortal. His freind, Teardrop, has hidden motives too. From what is known, the two are simply working together for a common goal. While their motives are not clearly defined, they are out there for something.

Alignment: Light

Class:General

Strenghts: Can control battles with ease, deadly teleport abilities with Teardrop.

Weaknesses: Fragile, Limited damage.

Play Stlye: The Old One is no simple foe. He can limited opponet's line of sight, making them unable to see too far, and limiting their hit chances. He can stun and disorientate them also, and with Teardrop, his deadly demonic companion, he can teleport in, and tear apart the opposistion. But, with all of these abundant advantages, he has a great weakness. Teardrop will not always be around to defend The Old One, meaning he is often fragile, and unprotected. He can force enemies away with damage unless he has teardrop nearby, and cannot defend himself too well.

Health: 1380

Mana:1150

Armor:250

Damage:55-101

Range: 12 (Teardrop is melee)

Move Speed: 6.0

Attack speed: 1.65

Abilities (Activated)

Sightlessness: 350/550/750/950 Mana, .3 CT, 8 CD, Effects: The Old One takes the sight of his nearby enemies away in a very small/small/meduim/large 360 AOE, reducing their line of sight by 5/10/15/20 for 10 seconds. Their attacks are 35/45/55/65% less likey to hit enemies.

Teardrop: 550/850/1250/1550 Mana, 1.5 CT, 45 CD, Effects: The Old One calls Teardrop, his demonic freind, to his side. Teardrop has 600/800/1000/1200 Health, 350/550/750/950 armor, 180-220 damage, and a 1.24 Attack Time. He gains minions' benefits, but their effects are 15/25/35/45% stronger.

Retribution: 350/550/750 Mana, .3 CT, 6 CD, Requires Teardrop, Effects: Teardrop teleports to target enemy, dealing 300/600/900 Damage in a small aoe.

Dark Fog: 150/300/450/600 Mana, .2 CT, 3 CD, Effects: The Old One creates a Dark Fog at target nearby location. This is in a small area, and will increase the cost of mana of enemies by 350/550/850/1250, and slowing them by 15/30/45/60%. The Old one may have up to 3/5/8/10 Dark Fogs up at a time, and each one lasts 10 seconds.

Final Abilities

Living Fog: Allies within Dark Fog will have -15% Mana cost, and will have 35% evasion.

Blood-Drop: Whenever Teardrop preforms retribution, he has a 20% chance to deal an extra 500 Damage over 10 seconds, and reduce enemies' armor by 450 for 6 seconds.

Defense Less: Enemies affected by Sightlessness have 800 reduced armor now.

Passives

Blind Sight: The Old one gives off an aura of divine sight, giving all allies + 2/4/6/8 line of sight, and +5/10/15/20% ability range.

Gaurdian: As long as Teardrop is on the field, The One gains 500 armor. Teardrop's attacks will have a 15% chance to stun an enemy for .8 seconds, as long as The Old One is nearby.

So there he is! Hope you guys like him, and please give me some feedback! I'll also have the Companions as my next Demigod. They are much like the concept of Teardrop and The Old One, but have a way cooler gameplay stlye! I may post my preveiw for the two here!

+11 Karma | 6 Replies
December 12, 2009 3:56:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the gane play of this concept, but not the "theme" of it: old man and teardrop? eek, it doesn't match the game too well...sry im 50/50 on this....

December 12, 2009 5:52:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting VitaNova,
I like the gane play of this concept, but not the "theme" of it: old man and teardrop? eek, it doesn't match the game too well...sry im 50/50 on this....

Why don't you like the theme? What you dont like the daemon's name? Or that fact that he is an old guy? Why dont you like him Vita!!!! Sigh, I thought this guy was a stroke of genius, guess not.

December 12, 2009 6:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

Quoting VitaNova,
reply 1

Why don't you like the theme? What you dont like the daemon's name? Or that fact that he is an old guy? Why dont you like him Vita!!!! Sigh, I thought this guy was a stroke of genius, guess not.

omg, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it was a bad idea, I can can picture the old man, not the teardrop thing, I just cant picture this guy in the midddle of the map buying an item, attacking, taking damage, i don't, im a visual person, and the fact that i cant imagine him troubles me....not to be mean...

December 12, 2009 10:09:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, you cant see what Teardrop looks like? Or you cant imagine him? Hmm i have a way to solve that... he basically looks like a figure similar to DA. He is a bluish reptilian creature, with a huminiod stance, and he carries no weapons. I may have a drawing of him later.

December 13, 2009 2:42:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Oh, you cant see what Teardrop looks like? Or you cant imagine him? Hmm i have a way to solve that... he basically looks like a figure similar to DA. He is a bluish reptilian creature, with a huminiod stance, and he carries no weapons. I may have a drawing of him later.

uhm, teardrop seems to be clarified now, a aquatic-humanoid lizard, but I still cant picture an old man fighting Rook, lol, DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!

December 14, 2009 9:42:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It sounds very interesting. I partially agree with Vita; a tiny old man, even with his daemon friend, would look really weird against the hungry hungry Rook. Still though, it reminds me of Occulus (in the blind way), and thus I like him more than I already do. Great design!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.