The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] THE BIG BALANCE PLAN -- Master Thread

By on December 9, 2009 9:41:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit

Join Date 01/2009
+32

I'm currently adding and tweaking some figures for the demis we are finding that lack effectiveness/efficiency. I know these types of mods aren't very popular atm but i wouldnt mind working on these thoroughly so i can request it to become an official patch.

I am trying to alter as few things as possible (for the considered underpowered demis) just so that there isnt a noticeably big change but enough to change their incompetence to competent!

However, i am going to need opinions of my proposed changes.
I'll be doing one demigod at a time and will provide a list of the changes.
I prob wont put the mod up for download until its completely finished but if you request a download link, i willl provide one.

The Item Balance Mod works very well with this one. It addresses the HP stacking issue we currently have and contains other balance decisions to gloves and all other categories.

List of players using the Big Balance Plan mod (please let me know so i put your name here):
- Me!
- Izuz
- MixMagic
- Go-Go-Gadget
- AIAndy
- Supafishy

Below are links to changes for each demigod. Discuss accordingly. *All open in a new window*

-- Put ur suggestions forward in dot-points in their respective threads.

1. Demon Assassin

2. Torch Bearer

3. Unclean Beast

4. Regulus

5. Queen of Thorns

6. Oak

7. Sedna

8. Rook

9. Erebus

10. Oculus   *added*

The latest version available now down below...

DEMIGOD BALANCE MOD v1.23 DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

Version 1.23 update below!

-----------------------------------------------------
# All Demigods

Base Max health
- increased by 100

Level up Stats
- Max Health - increases by an additional 30 health

# Oculus

Bug Fixes
- Electrocution now works as intended
- brainstorm now removes debuffs (thx to ptarth and nzac working on it)

Blast Off I
- adjusted the dmg radius to equal the same as levels II,III and IV

King Of The Minotaurs - Minos

- added armor bonus of 50/100/150

King Of The Minotaurs - Archers
- added attack speed bonus of 3%/5%/7%

King Of The Minotaurs - Priests

- added mana regen bonus of 2/3/4

Sacrifice
- increased heal percentages to 20%/40%/60% from 20/30/40%
- increased heal radius to 15 from 10

Ball Lightning IV

- decreased mana cost to 720
- each level now increases in attack rate from 1.7 to 1.65/1.6/1.55
- increased max balls to 6, decreased summon amount to 3

Explosive end
- decreased dmg to 300 from 400

# Queen of Thorns

Ground Spikes
- decreased attack speed buff duration to 8 secs

Uproot
- increased mana costs to 350/450/600/800

Violent Siege
- increased dmg to 250 dmg.

Bramble Shield II
- added movement speed buff of 5%

Bramble Shield IV
- decreased movement speed buff to 15%

# Unclean Beast

Bestial Wrath I,II,III,IV
- changed durations to 6/7/8/9 seconds
- changed damage bonuses to 30%/40%/50%/60%

# Regulus

Angelic Fury
- damage of the splash dmg is reduced to -75/60/35/20% from -30/25/20/15%
- increased mana costs to 30/35/40/45 from 25/30/35/40

# Torch Bearer

Deep Freeze I
- increased debuff duration to 6 seconds

Please motivate urselves to give feedback, all of it helps this process.

Locked Post 147 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 14, 2009 4:40:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ChromeWeasel,
I think you should balance the summoned henchmen of QoT and Sedna by increasing their numbers rather than upping their power. Make the last rank of their summons summon 6 Shamblers/Yeti. This would make balancing much easier in the long run. That closer you are in total available minions for all generals, the more likely that items with henchmen bonuses will be even across the board.

Example: Items that add +5 damage to minions are much better for Oak/Erebus then for QoT/Sedna. Get their minions numbers closer together and the disparity is reduced a bit.

Agreed.

December 15, 2009 12:53:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-- Now that the mod is up for download, i ask that you all put ur suggestions forward in dot-points in their respective threads.

it will make it much easier for me to respond this way.

December 15, 2009 2:38:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

versioning please. tnx.

December 15, 2009 2:41:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
-- Now that the mod is up for download, i ask that you all put ur suggestions forward in dot-points in their respective threads.

Howabout just addressing the ones we've already made D:

December 15, 2009 3:59:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ChromeWeasel,
I think you should balance the summoned henchmen of QoT and Sedna by increasing their numbers rather than upping their power. Make the last rank of their summons summon 6 Shamblers/Yeti. This would make balancing much easier in the long run. That closer you are in total available minions for all generals, the more likely that items with henchmen bonuses will be even across the board.

Example: Items that add +5 damage to minions are much better for Oak/Erebus then for QoT/Sedna. Get their minions numbers closer together and the disparity is reduced a bit.
I disagree, because QoT's minions do AoE at all levels and Yetis get significant AoE at max level.

I would rather just see a toned down version of Wild Swings be a part of Yetis at all levels and have it scale up to 75% at the final rank, that would give Sedna a viable option for going anti-minion/reinforcement if she so chose.

I agree that doesn't help the disparity between benefit of HP items, but the ability to AoE effectively is a fair tradeoff for that IMO and it's not like +HP isn't plenty useful for idol minions, it would benefit the x4 minions similarly.

December 15, 2009 7:44:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

Quoting gkrit, reply 27-- Now that the mod is up for download, i ask that you all put ur suggestions forward in dot-points in their respective threads.

Howabout just addressing the ones we've already made D:

just put all ur points together that uve suggested now. Itll just make it easer lol.

December 17, 2009 7:46:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

More people need to start playing this.

How about balancing items and the like?

December 17, 2009 8:45:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting The_Regicide,
More people need to start playing this.

How about balancing items and the like?

yeh this is the next thing im addressing. But not sure how long it will take to get everything up.

December 17, 2009 9:32:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its pretty easy. in oaks thread theres like 2 who dont mind the change and some others who think that its gamebreaking. at some point you said you want to keep the changes as small as possible and in most threads theres no big discussion about one certain change. oaks thread is different, there are some people who think that this change is HUGE. think about that (you want: minimal change, you achieved: big change). if you want the people to play that mod then you should propably keep the changes minimal as you did so far and you should touch especially the weaker dgs. because of that oak change this mod is a no go for me and for others as well.

i can just say it over and over again: most oaks dont get shield 4 at all. now they have to. thats one whole skill point thats missing and they get the interesting version of shield to late.

December 17, 2009 10:00:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i can just say it over and over again: most oaks dont get shield 4 at all. now they have to. thats one whole skill point thats missing and they get the interesting version of shield to late.

thats exactly my point. so you think shield lvl3 is alrdy ultimate enough making shield 4 redundant. might as well just cut the shield skill line down to 3 since its at its most effective anyway at that lvl.

You basically just justified in that paragraph of yours why my nerf to lvl3 shield is completely necessary.

December 17, 2009 10:41:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so then cut down the duration of shield 3 to 4 seconds with immunity.

December 18, 2009 4:56:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make that 4,5 and it will be good. You will be able to tp but not lock and tp without getting interrupted.

December 18, 2009 11:18:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

thats exactly my point. so you think shield lvl3 is alrdy ultimate enough making shield 4 redundant. might as well just cut the shield skill line down to 3 since its at its most effective anyway at that lvl.

You basically just justified in that paragraph of yours why my nerf to lvl3 shield is completely necessary.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

December 18, 2009 3:08:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ChromeWeasel,

Quoting gkrit, reply 35

That's exactly what I was thinking.

i didnt justify the nerf. thats your conclusion how to solve the "problem" that most people dont get shield 4 (btw. erebus players get only mist 1 to "flee" and oak players only get pen 1 to interrupt and so on). well lets say youre right and this has to be changed then why dont they get shield 4?

shield 3 and 4 are too similar

you could either buff shield 4 (as you made it with other abilities like acclimation and inspiring roar) or nerf shield 3.

ok lets say youre right by chosing nerfing shield 3 then you have two possible alternatives:

nerf duration or removing stun immunity.

you chose nerfing 3 because you think it shouldnt be possible to lock and port away. perhaps youre right and this shouldnt be possible but then it shouldnt be possible at all! well with your nerf its still possible, just later, and btw. this is especially usefull later (wr 8 and higher)! so what did you achieve? not much and especially not what you intended. its still possible. you only weakened oak between lvl 8 and maybe 15 or higher by considerably weakening a skill at lvl8 and stealing one skillpoint at lvl10 which he will "get back" later at lvl15 or higher when theres room for one skillpoint spent elsewhere.

so if you want to nerf shield 3 then you should shorten the duration to 4, 4.5 or 5 seconds. we could discuss about if shield has to be nerfed at all but i dont think that this is worth it. i still think that a balance mod is neccessary and that its value outweighs such a slight nerf people cant completely agree on by far.

December 18, 2009 3:54:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shield II is 4 seconds, so it'd have to be 5.

December 18, 2009 10:18:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
Shield II is 4 seconds, so it'd have to be 5.

no it doesnt. the stun immunity is a massive benefit in the first place and dont say it isnt coz youve been arguing that nerfing stun immunity destroys the oaks lvl3 shield completely.

December 19, 2009 4:51:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont care. 4, 5 seconds... doesnt matter. with the click time and the usual 0,35 sec delay you cant lock and tele in 5 seconds anyway. with 4 seconds its more of a save yourself skill and im ok with that. level 4 that lasts longer would then become rather a save someone else skill. i would also be okay with making shield having stun immunity only over the first 4 or 5 seconds.

in one thread someone suggested to make universal gadget being able to unlock a portal. i think that this is a good idea and can change the whole gameplay to fighting dgs and not portalflag runs. though there are propably some issues i dont think of so please reply to that idea.

December 20, 2009 2:41:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

Didn't put this any where else, but I would like to see Stats improved. Right now, Improved Attributes are really only useful for a pure-Ooze build and that's pretty much it.

Current:

+115 Health
+0.18 Health Regeneration
+2% Attack Speed
+25 Armor
+105 Mana
+0.32 Mana Regeneration
+6 Weapon Damage

New:

+165 Health
+0.5 Health Regeneration
+2% Attack Speed
+50 Armor
+155 Mana
+0.5 Mana Regeneration
+10 Weapon Damage

This is more of a drastic buff to Stats than a lot of other proposed changes but the real value of Stats is only really realized when you take multiple points in it (and if you do that, you're sacrificing other stuff), so I think it could be okay.

Morale may also need a buff, most minion/general builds tend to be lacking anyway compared to assassin type builds and Morale may be a way to even the gap.

I'd make some of these even more drastic. Regen can easily be +1. Attack speed can be more. 2% is nothing. I'd also higher the weapon damage a bit, to like 12.

+165 Health
+1 Health Regeneration
+3% Attack Speed
+50 Armor
+155 Mana
+1 Mana Regeneration
+12 Weapon Damage

This should make stats worth a consideration.

December 20, 2009 5:17:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah. until now stats for an assassin seems to be a no go if you dont play a fun game which you will win anyway. but i still think that a beast still wouldnt take stats over ooze or spit. at least not if he got a brain. perhaps stats should be different for the dgs

December 20, 2009 7:47:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh i started to look into these else but havent changed htem yet because i was just altering a few base stats of each character.

However i think im going to have an issue trying to do the stat buffs coz some of the demis have this in their uit code while others dont. Unless anyone else knows where i could find this stuff?

edit: and also! i was thinking of making these stat buffs demi specific. For example, TB would have a greater boost in mana related stats than a melee character. While a melee character would have great boosts in stats related to dmg and attack speed. (So for this default set of stats but depending on the demigod, certain stats will recieve an additional boost.)

What do you think of this?

December 20, 2009 8:20:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"

+165 Health
+1 Health Regeneration
+3% Attack Speed
+50 Armor
+155 Mana
+1 Mana Regeneration
+12 Weapon Damage"

Yeah,that would probably be okay. No major changes from me, and Health Regen is pretty powerful as it is.

"

edit: and also! i was thinking of making these stat buffs demi specific. For example, TB would have a greater boost in mana related stats than a melee character. While a melee character would have great boosts in stats related to dmg and attack speed. (So for this default set of stats but depending on the demigod, certain stats will recieve an additional boost.)"

I would like that, but you'd have to be careful about Stats only complementing certain demigod builds. Stats shouldn't feel like they only work in one build. You'd also have to take in account demigod-specific strengths. UB, for example, He's a melee character with amazing Mana Regen. Do you buff his 'strengths' by making the Mana Regen stat+ more significant for him since that's what he was already "good" at? But then pure-Ooze builds don't really need that much at all. But UB has lower HP pools than other demigods, what if we make that larger? Well he already has high armor, and improving HP for him makes him buffer....

Just be careful with that. Maybe make Stats as a way for compensating for weaker demigods (eg,Regulus' Stat-points are strictly superior to UB's so if a Reg finds himself toe-to-toeing with a  UB a lot maybe he can catch up a little bit attribute-wise)

Regarding Morale, keep in mind that the more minions you have the more Morale will benefit you. We were talking about making Yetis more viable, but there can still only be 4 Yetis to Erebus' 9/10 minions. If you bring in 6 idols... Sedna can have 10 minions, Ereb 15+, so Sedna's Morale should be roughly 50% better than Ereb's. Plus, Sedna-Yetis are a quality over quantity thing as it is... though I still don't think that the Yeti buffs are nearly enough at the moment either...

December 20, 2009 8:48:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like the idea of stats being more effective, it seems like a very uninteresting way to play. :/

December 20, 2009 8:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it. I like the general idea of every option being viable. Hell, maybe Sedna's Yetis will become viable sometime soon!

December 20, 2009 8:58:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
I don't like the idea of stats being more effective, it seems like a very uninteresting way to play. :/

It's still an alternative way of playing and the more competitive ways to play, the better. This isn't me trying to make it so that the new meta requires all assassins getting a few points in Stats. Just sort of a way for Assassins to counter monks a little and also give a little bit of build variety.

A Reg would still need to kite, regardless of how many points in Stats you get, for example. The difference is a Reg with +600 HP than normal can protect and hold a flag better.

December 20, 2009 10:44:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"He's a melee character with amazing Mana Regen."

oh yeh about this ive also nerfed UB's base mana regen and max mana slightly. I dont think that such a strong melee character should have such great mana regen and max mana (for christs sake his max mana is higher than a skill dependant QoT, Sedna etc.). But before you get at my throat about nerfing UB, its only very minor and most likely wont be so noticeable.

Quoting HorseStrangler,

ur very pessimistic arent you? Before youve even tried it, you doubt it. Ive not only seen it in my threads but in others' aswell.

Atm its like we dont even have a stat buff skill line. Theyre just so redundant coz skills completely outshine them. But my intention is to compliment a demigods fighting type. If theyre skil dependant, ill increase the mana stats. If theyre a tanking class, boost armor and health etc. I reckon it will make it a little more interesting, and it will finally be something worth investing in.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: