The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What's the point of epoch 3 when it's easy to glitch wins?

By on December 7, 2009 5:21:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This past week or two I've noticed numerous losses/incompletes in my games list even though my team won and there was no invalid gamestate. 
The most recent a couple hours ago here: http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1133996/player/56980/

It seems that all you have to do for a 100% win ratio (Hi eliminatordemigod) is host the game and frequently alt-tab until everyone kicks you out of the game.  Then when you come in 1s later the server will think everyone else dced and give you the win and everyone else the loss because you are the host.

Seems kind of pointless to even track stats if they are so easily fixed.

+1 Karma | 10 Replies
December 7, 2009 5:33:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I blame people who care WAY too much about their records.

If you lose you lose. Why would you care enough about some number on the interwebs to cheat other people?

I hate people.

December 7, 2009 5:52:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I hate people.

I second this notion.

December 8, 2009 9:32:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still, if you have a system that counts your losses/wins etc it should be working or there is no point of having it.

December 8, 2009 12:45:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is true, but actually these problems exist as long as there are people to try to cheat. This is the same as in other places where people compete against each other. Everywhere some people try to cheat. This is the same as doping in sport, or students that take Ritalin to improve their grades, or ... There are always people who do not like a fair competition but prefer to win at all costs.

December 8, 2009 1:11:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

Quoting Teseer, reply 1I hate people.
I second this notion.

Where do I
 sign?

December 8, 2009 2:06:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just sign.

December 12, 2009 4:39:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pissanusak did this to us today, as soon as it was apparent they were losing, he glitched the game and took the win.

What he does is quit games until he is the host.... then glitches out if he loses..

I like this game.. but this crap is starting to piss me off....

December 12, 2009 4:53:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you lose you lose. Why would you care enough about some number on the interwebs to cheat other people?

I don't, but if i start getting kicked from games because my win % sucks cause i don't dc and constantly get stuck with noob teamates...

Suffice to say ill frustrated

December 13, 2009 1:40:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks to the new epoch you can't even tell the noobs anymore. 

Of course I'm 5/5 tonight for people ragequiting . . . its like why bother playing if the player base is just useless. 

Ren

December 13, 2009 2:32:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Of course I'm 5/5 tonight for people ragequiting . . . its like why bother playing if the player base is just useless.

hey i RQ when my Ub/Oak teamates can't push a reg/da out of their lane while as DA i'm soloing oak...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.