The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favorite gadget of the year nominations?

By on December 4, 2009 5:47:16 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

So do you have a list of gadgets that you discovered this year that really struck you?

Here’s a list of some of the gadgets I”m using a lot now:

1. Verizon MyFy.  Game changer for me because I now get reliable Internet wherever I go.

2. Jing Pro. Makes it very easy to get videos and screenshots up.

3. Google iPhone app. Its voice recognition for searching is unreal.

What would be your list?

+79 Karma | 29 Replies
December 4, 2009 5:54:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aspire 7735z-4291 laptop

December 4, 2009 7:52:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=prod1570014&history=kmnvkxrs|prodPage~15^freeText~serta^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^param~return_skus^return_skus~Y

http://www.ergonomicresource.com/ergoflex.html

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10828981

December 4, 2009 8:28:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Logitech G9

http://www.tineye.com = moderator's must-have tool

kingston datatraveler 32gb......goes where I go......keeps 2 desktops and a laptop synced 24-7 not to mention about 5gbs of music that plays on the Clarion in my truck

December 4, 2009 9:27:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

universal gadget?

December 4, 2009 9:29:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zune HD.

December 4, 2009 10:24:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hehe I  thought this was a SD gadgets thread, and had a list ready..

LG dare, best phone ive had so far.

December 5, 2009 7:59:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Windows 7.

December 5, 2009 8:27:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting HG_Eliminator,

Wanna trade it for a large pizza?

My fave '2009 gadgets' would be

- ATI Radeon HD X2 w/2GB DDR3
- HTC Touch Diamond

Ok, the phone may not be the latest model, but it's new to me

December 5, 2009 8:54:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The verizon druid

December 5, 2009 10:12:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My favorite gadget of the year, and of all time, is and always will be Windowblinds.  Nothing tops it.  It's just a thing of pure joy to me.

December 5, 2009 10:54:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How about a list of the worst gadgets?

December 5, 2009 11:16:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My favorite gadget of the year, and of all time, is and always will be Windowblinds.  Nothing tops it.  It's just a thing of pure joy to me.

Windowblinds rock!

December 7, 2009 3:11:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the google voice search as well, but since I bought a G1 it came part of it. I would of rather had the choice to download it though.

December 7, 2009 3:18:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Zune HD!

December 7, 2009 3:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.  Some Acer netbook(they have so many).

2.  Wacom Bamboo tablet(I love writing with this thing).

3.  Logitech g500(way better than the g9, actualyl has a usable grip).

December 7, 2009 3:37:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My fav gadets this year?

WD TV Live - Considering I bought a 1 TB WD MyBook external drive at the beginning of the year and filled it with movies in avi format, I have an avi player that has many issues with too many of the avi files I have. This little gadget, about the same size as my external drive, would be the perfect add-on to my drive and since it has a HD connection, I won't have to worry about problems with buying an HDTV in the future, not to mention it has natwork capabilities so the drives I connect to it show up on my network as well and on top of that it gives me direct access to sites like youtube, flicker and others. No bad this little gadget.

32GB iPod Touch - I'm not big on phones so the iPod Touch is good enough for me. I can carry my entire collection of favorite mp3s, several movies and entertaining apps. Throw in wifi access for portable email and stuff and this baby is almost as good as having a cellphone.

Last but not least

Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - I have a 250 GB one and just when i thought that was big and enough, turns out a 500 GB would have been better but 1 TB would be like owning a Ferrari to me. All my music, my pictures and as many videos as I want, not to mention all my portable apps in one single portable drive.

If Santa could bless me with these 3 gadgets, I would be the happiest geek in the world.

December 7, 2009 3:38:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ok...Kona's modem

December 7, 2009 4:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
December 8, 2009 4:18:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Lantec,

ok...Kona's modem

Nothing wrong with my Modem.

December 8, 2009 7:59:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

f.lux

Wow, this software is great. Thanks.

Odoplus

Interesting, I can see how one would not need it but still use it as the site says. Even better it lead to Shadenow, another interesting peace of software. I love freebees. Thanks

December 8, 2009 8:59:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is a tough one for sure.

Jing Pro

Google Voice

Dropbox

December 8, 2009 10:33:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
The verizon druid

Agreed,

Droid

Finally verizon has a good phone!

(although i hear that the Omnia 2 with Win Mo replacement shell software is awesome too)

December 8, 2009 10:37:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HG_Eliminator,
hehe I  thought this was a SD gadgets thread, and had a list ready..

I just saw this post.  The Dare, well lets just say i was able to get rid of it and get the droid.  Now I finally i have a verizon phone that doesn't suck. 

You will be a lot happier as well with that upgrade.

j

December 8, 2009 11:09:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

HTC pure cell phone running the new version of Windows Moblie !Smoothest windows based phone I have ever used.Since I have to triple boot to skin windowblinds this not only is an awsome piece of hardware it fully integrates with XP,Vista and Win7 so no matter what OS I am on all my contacts are synced . I can hook to my laptop and use cellular modem and with the added 4 gigs of memory when on Vista or 7 it will function as Ready Boost at the same time!

December 9, 2009 1:52:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

the iPhone 3GS for me. The possibilities for the phone's usage is endless.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.