The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The December Demigod Community Question Thread

By on November 29, 2009 3:56:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why does this thread exist?  Frogboy suggested we create a monthly question post and agreed to write a dev journal answering the questions as well as possible. 

Who is Frogboy?   Frogboy is the user name of Brad Wardell, the CEO of Stardock.  If anyone can get or provide an answer on anything Demigod related, Frogboy is that guy. 

What should you post in this thread?  Specific, constructive questions that haven't already been previously answered. 

FYI - due to the timing with 1.2, I felt it would be best to take a break in November and start a new community question thread for December (now that we've had some time with 1.2).  I won't be tracking previous items or carrying over questions that weren't answered from previous months.  We are starting from scratch now.  If you have any questions, please ask them here and I will update the OP with the questions.  Thanks!

Here are the questions:

1. In the Rollover Ally Info Mod , we learned that we can see the opponents gold. Apparently, this information is passed through the UI and is readily available to both teams.  Is this bug that SD already knows about?  Is anything going to be done to lock down that data?
  2. Are there any current plans for adding additional content to Demigod?  Have there been any discussions between yourself and GPG of an expansion or stand-alone expansion being released at some point?
  3. Some time ago, you mentioned (i think) that we might get to see alternate versions of existing maps.  Any progress on this?  Are any new maps in the pipeline?  Any chance we could get another small size (prison/cataract) map?
  4. Any update on when we will receive an sdk?
  5. When can we expect the torchbearer auto-attack and move fix to be added into the game?  The change log indicates that the fix is already included in 1.2, but that is not the case.  Sorian also released a mod so that we can use the fix now, but it is really something that should be patched into the game. 
  6. How can we get mods added to the official game (either hard coded into the game itself or included as a mod with future demigod updates)?
  7. Are you aware that the Impulse password is still saved in plain text in the game.prefs in MyDocuments\..? This is a file mods can read and edit. Will this security issue be fixed at some point in the near future?
  8. What are GPG/SD's next move for Demigod? releasing new maps ? new DGs ? new Items ? clan wars ?
  9. Are SD / Atari going to make a price drop during the next months ? DG is incredible expensive in Europe (up to 50€ = 75$ in most cases )
  10. A less serious question is my analysis of the character and stories correct?  ( https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369724 )
  11. Do you have any more information on when we will see voice chat added to Demigod?  I understand this will appear via impulse, but is there a more firm eta?
  12. Can you provide some additional information on demigod 1.3?  What are you requesting that GPG include in 1.3?  Will team matchmaking exist in 1.3? 
  13. Can we expect to see any enhancements to the in game overlayed chat system?  For instance, sometimes there are delays between when a message is sent and when it is received.  Additionally, players in demigod can't chat with players outside of demigod using ready to play.  Also, some of us don't even receive message popups when we are messaged by people that are not in our friends list.
  14. Would it be possible to adjust the ranking system so that players with hundreds of games played can not have a low ranking than players who have only played once?  Are any enhancements planned or possible?  Is there a reason why Demigod doesn't use the established and proven successful ELO rating system?
  15. i know one of the the new DGs was just released, but if you happen to have any concept ideas from the design team would you mind sharing on what the next ones (if there are more) might be? alternitavely could we have a competition hosted by SD/GPG where the best fan design becomes a new DG?
  16. As Impulse moves forward into it's next phase, I'm curious to know if has Demigod specifically been the catalyst for any changes/improvements/additions to Stardock's plans?
  17. 23% is Demigod's magic number; the portion of the playerbase actually playing online. We've heard Stardock's response to this, do you know how GPG reacted to this rather surprising figure?
  18. Can you provide any insight regarding the bug where oak will use penitence on an enemy dg and then will just stand there instead of engaging a dg directly?  It appears as if Oak becomes deselected and you have to click on him to get him to move again.  This also happens to DA alot if you pull a 2,1,3 skill combo using the keyboard to trigger the skills. At the end of the warp area he just stands there. Click on him and everything is a go again.
  19. Is the idea of adding the option to deactivate the backgrounds on the maps is still possible?  If so, when do you think is going to be ready?
  20. Based on this thread by mrappard https://forums.demigodthegame.com/370474   Question:  Will it be possible to use community created maps in future versions?  When is this expected to be enabled?  Will the DRM schemes that are being worked on by SD and GPG to sell content conflict with community created maps and demigods?
  21. Are there any plans to revamp Pantheon to allow players of the same side to face off against each other to speed up the matchmaking process like skirmish used to be?  I see alot of waiting lines for pantheon where people could easily play if it wasn't for light/dark? 6-8 people waiting is really common. Last round it was light, this time it is dark.
  22. Are there any plans to buff ranged demigods like TB, Reg and QoT because they simply cannot compete with melee demigods especially if the other team does not have either a reg, tb or QoT on there team?
  23. What is the best way to report bugs? Currently we have the Demigod Problem Reports forum, [email protected], the GPG forum and also one bug list thread for example, however it seems that information about bugs doesn't always reach Stardock and/or GPG."
  24. Will the incorporation of mods into the official game make it easier or faster to get bug fixes if the mod already exists for them? 
  25. Is GPG planning to further balance the Demigods?
  26. Is GPG planning to implement new team-oriented systems ?  Thread related : https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369490
  27. Are there any plans to revamp/improve the pathing in the game? Minions are not the only problem. If I tell my Demi to go to a flag from base without giving directions along the way, he will get stuck on objects along the way, though not to the same degree as minions (especially the ones that decide they would rather live in the Citadel than fight).
  28. When will yetis be buffed/replaced to become more competitive.  The on going joke is you must a be a new player if you summon yetis.  Can anything be done?
  29. Ptarth wrote a couple of bugfixes for Demigods at this point fixing Minion +hp items (thread) and the QoT Attack Animation Visuals (thread). What's the best way to make sure that GPG and SD is aware of them and get them implimented into the next patch?
+161 Karma | 78 Replies
February 1, 2010 8:11:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Name the new thread: "Pacov's 95 Theses: February Edition"

February 1, 2010 8:17:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Izuz, reply 52Approximately when will get answers for these questions ?
If its anything like previous months, towards the end of Dec.  But who knows with the holidays.  Typically it happens when Brad has some time and gets around to it

Dec. 2010.

February 1, 2010 9:19:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dec. 2010.

hehe... Its true... I don't think I specified the year

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000032   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.