The December Demigod Community Question Thread

By on November 29, 2009 3:56:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

Why does this thread exist?  Frogboy suggested we create a monthly question post and agreed to write a dev journal answering the questions as well as possible. 

Who is Frogboy?   Frogboy is the user name of Brad Wardell, the CEO of Stardock.  If anyone can get or provide an answer on anything Demigod related, Frogboy is that guy. 

What should you post in this thread?  Specific, constructive questions that haven't already been previously answered. 

FYI - due to the timing with 1.2, I felt it would be best to take a break in November and start a new community question thread for December (now that we've had some time with 1.2).  I won't be tracking previous items or carrying over questions that weren't answered from previous months.  We are starting from scratch now.  If you have any questions, please ask them here and I will update the OP with the questions.  Thanks!

Here are the questions:

1. In the Rollover Ally Info Mod , we learned that we can see the opponents gold. Apparently, this information is passed through the UI and is readily available to both teams.  Is this bug that SD already knows about?  Is anything going to be done to lock down that data?
  2. Are there any current plans for adding additional content to Demigod?  Have there been any discussions between yourself and GPG of an expansion or stand-alone expansion being released at some point?
  3. Some time ago, you mentioned (i think) that we might get to see alternate versions of existing maps.  Any progress on this?  Are any new maps in the pipeline?  Any chance we could get another small size (prison/cataract) map?
  4. Any update on when we will receive an sdk?
  5. When can we expect the torchbearer auto-attack and move fix to be added into the game?  The change log indicates that the fix is already included in 1.2, but that is not the case.  Sorian also released a mod so that we can use the fix now, but it is really something that should be patched into the game. 
  6. How can we get mods added to the official game (either hard coded into the game itself or included as a mod with future demigod updates)?
  7. Are you aware that the Impulse password is still saved in plain text in the game.prefs in MyDocuments\..? This is a file mods can read and edit. Will this security issue be fixed at some point in the near future?
  8. What are GPG/SD's next move for Demigod? releasing new maps ? new DGs ? new Items ? clan wars ?
  9. Are SD / Atari going to make a price drop during the next months ? DG is incredible expensive in Europe (up to 50€ = 75$ in most cases )
  10. A less serious question is my analysis of the character and stories correct?  ( http://forums.demigodthegame.com/369724 )
  11. Do you have any more information on when we will see voice chat added to Demigod?  I understand this will appear via impulse, but is there a more firm eta?
  12. Can you provide some additional information on demigod 1.3?  What are you requesting that GPG include in 1.3?  Will team matchmaking exist in 1.3? 
  13. Can we expect to see any enhancements to the in game overlayed chat system?  For instance, sometimes there are delays between when a message is sent and when it is received.  Additionally, players in demigod can't chat with players outside of demigod using ready to play.  Also, some of us don't even receive message popups when we are messaged by people that are not in our friends list.
  14. Would it be possible to adjust the ranking system so that players with hundreds of games played can not have a low ranking than players who have only played once?  Are any enhancements planned or possible?  Is there a reason why Demigod doesn't use the established and proven successful ELO rating system?
  15. i know one of the the new DGs was just released, but if you happen to have any concept ideas from the design team would you mind sharing on what the next ones (if there are more) might be? alternitavely could we have a competition hosted by SD/GPG where the best fan design becomes a new DG?
  16. As Impulse moves forward into it's next phase, I'm curious to know if has Demigod specifically been the catalyst for any changes/improvements/additions to Stardock's plans?
  17. 23% is Demigod's magic number; the portion of the playerbase actually playing online. We've heard Stardock's response to this, do you know how GPG reacted to this rather surprising figure?
  18. Can you provide any insight regarding the bug where oak will use penitence on an enemy dg and then will just stand there instead of engaging a dg directly?  It appears as if Oak becomes deselected and you have to click on him to get him to move again.  This also happens to DA alot if you pull a 2,1,3 skill combo using the keyboard to trigger the skills. At the end of the warp area he just stands there. Click on him and everything is a go again.
  19. Is the idea of adding the option to deactivate the backgrounds on the maps is still possible?  If so, when do you think is going to be ready?
  20. Based on this thread by mrappard http://forums.demigodthegame.com/370474   Question:  Will it be possible to use community created maps in future versions?  When is this expected to be enabled?  Will the DRM schemes that are being worked on by SD and GPG to sell content conflict with community created maps and demigods?
  21. Are there any plans to revamp Pantheon to allow players of the same side to face off against each other to speed up the matchmaking process like skirmish used to be?  I see alot of waiting lines for pantheon where people could easily play if it wasn't for light/dark? 6-8 people waiting is really common. Last round it was light, this time it is dark.
  22. Are there any plans to buff ranged demigods like TB, Reg and QoT because they simply cannot compete with melee demigods especially if the other team does not have either a reg, tb or QoT on there team?
  23. What is the best way to report bugs? Currently we have the Demigod Problem Reports forum, support@stardock.com, the GPG forum and also one bug list thread for example, however it seems that information about bugs doesn't always reach Stardock and/or GPG."
  24. Will the incorporation of mods into the official game make it easier or faster to get bug fixes if the mod already exists for them? 
  25. Is GPG planning to further balance the Demigods?
  26. Is GPG planning to implement new team-oriented systems ?  Thread related : http://forums.demigodthegame.com/369490
  27. Are there any plans to revamp/improve the pathing in the game? Minions are not the only problem. If I tell my Demi to go to a flag from base without giving directions along the way, he will get stuck on objects along the way, though not to the same degree as minions (especially the ones that decide they would rather live in the Citadel than fight).
  28. When will yetis be buffed/replaced to become more competitive.  The on going joke is you must a be a new player if you summon yetis.  Can anything be done?
  29. Ptarth wrote a couple of bugfixes for Demigods at this point fixing Minion +hp items (thread) and the QoT Attack Animation Visuals (thread). What's the best way to make sure that GPG and SD is aware of them and get them implimented into the next patch?
Locked Post 78 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Esuzu
November 29, 2009 3:56:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

November 29, 2009 5:47:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy, are you aware that the Impulse password is still saved in plain text in the game.prefs in MyDocuments\..? This is a file mods can read and edit. Will this security issue be fixed at some point in the near future?

PS: I have created a detailed support ticket concerning this issue but it would be nice if you could take a personal interest Frogboy, thank you!

November 29, 2009 6:06:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

questions:

1. is GPG going to fix Occ's "light balls" ? when will Occ be released to the public ?

2. whats GPGs / SDs next support step ? releasing new maps ? new DGs ? new Items ? clan wars ?

3. are SD / Atari going to make a price drop during the next months ? DG is incredible expensive in Europe (up to 50€ = 75$ in most cases )

4. DA/Occ are released near 7 months after game release ! how long will it take to release the next new DGs ? are there any plans to release them "single" to push them out as soon as possible ?

5. when will first official tournaments start ?

November 29, 2009 7:09:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is Frogboy aware that the Impulse password is still saved in plain text in the game.prefs in MyDocuments\..? This is a file mods can read and edit. Will this security issue be fixed at some point in the near future?

that is serious!

November 29, 2009 7:37:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel number 5 is a very important question aswell.

November 29, 2009 7:42:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A less serious question is my analysis of the character and stories correct?

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/369724

November 29, 2009 7:51:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i would rlly like my doppleganger character concept to be created, would this be possible?

are we going to see another buff to Qot since the one that was done wasnt actually that great of a buff?

November 29, 2009 7:57:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DemiCom,
questions:

1. is GPG going to fix Occ's "light balls" ? when will Occ be released to the public ?

2. whats GPGs / SDs next support step ? releasing new maps ? new DGs ? new Items ? clan wars ?

3. are SD / Atari going to make a price drop during the next months ? DG is incredible expensive in Europe (up to 50€ = 75$ in most cases )

4. DA/Occ are released near 7 months after game release ! how long will it take to release the next new DGs ? are there any plans to release them "single" to push them out as soon as possible ?

5. when will first official tournaments start ?

before we get onto this frogboy, can we plz fix the bugs that are a plague form the start.. .eg that i find most important... rook ToL, Fire tb aa (i know this is being worked on), and the aa of oak/qot. i find these very important to fix as the characters feel broken in a way... not really oak but sometimes it doesnt keep target...

i dont know if the rook ToL is being worked on but it would be great if that and qot could be fixed as they are most broken imo?

November 29, 2009 10:45:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When will we see updates to the impulse reactor that include:

-improved chat?

-chat between players in game and those on ready to play (outside of game)?

-voice chat?

-team matchmaking (clan wars)?

-game scheduling?

Any chance we could get another small size (prison/cataract) map?

Any chance that the ELO rating on the pantheon site could be tweaked/improved?

Have there been any discussions between yourself and GPG of an expansion or stand-alone expansion being released at some point?

November 29, 2009 11:21:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am making a thread to discuss the suggesting that peoiple make here...so that this thread doesnt get spammed out.

November 29, 2009 11:38:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can we have video chat?

November 29, 2009 11:49:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting heavenlysynn,
Can we have video chat?

The irony of someone asking with QoT as their avatar

November 29, 2009 12:00:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting heavenlysynn, reply 11Can we have video chat?

The irony of someone asking with QoT as their avatar

Thats not Irony that is just coincidence.

November 29, 2009 12:19:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
i would rlly like my doppleganger character concept to be created, would this be possible?

are we going to see another buff to Qot since the one that was done wasnt actually that great of a buff?

Gkrit - Please provide a link to the concept you mentioned.  You might be best served (if you really want an answer) to try to describe your concept as briefly as possible and then ask "can this be included?"

is GPG going to fix Occ's "light balls" ?

Demicon - can you provide a few specifics on what you want fixed?

before we get onto this frogboy, can we plz fix the bugs that are a plague form the start.. .eg that i find most important... rook ToL, Fire tb aa (i know this is being worked on), and the aa of oak/qot. i find these very important to fix as the characters feel broken in a way... not really oak but sometimes it doesnt keep target...

i dont know if the rook ToL is being worked on but it would be great if that and qot could be fixed as they are most broken imo?

Mixmagic - Can you reword your question and expand it some?  I'm not sure what rook ToL is, what the specific oak/qot AA issue you are describing is. 

-improved chat?

Trigeminal - Can you be specific?  What are you looking for here?

Any chance that the ELO rating on the pantheon site could be tweaked/improved?

Dito.

List updated.  Thanks for the questions so far!

November 29, 2009 12:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trigeminal - Can you be specific? What are you looking for here?

Small tweaks to the chat system so that messages arrive sooner, we don't get popups from people not on friends list (as is currently happening to me), and chat between players in game and those on ready to play (outside of game)?

November 29, 2009 12:34:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What6 about ELO/rating changes?

November 29, 2009 1:06:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

What specifically do you want changed? 

November 29, 2009 1:21:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Trigeminal,
reply 16

What specifically do you want changed? 

A system that doesn't have people with 60+% win rates rate lower than people that are 1 win and 1 loss.  Basically something that looks at who you played with and against and gives you points or something.  This way pre-mades who only play noob pugs get less up rated and those with 2 or 3 games don't sit higher that those with 60% win rate with 50+ games.

November 29, 2009 2:12:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy, is there a reason why Demigod doesn't use the established and proven successful ELO rating system?

November 29, 2009 7:21:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i know the new DG's were just released, but if you happen to have any concept ideas from the design team would you mind sharing on what the next ones (if there are more) might be? alternitavely could we have a competition hosted by SD/GPG where the best fan design becomes a new DG?

November 29, 2009 8:50:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. As Demigod continues to sell well from what limited information we have available, what is the current consensus on additional Maps?

2. Modding is now in full swing. A few mods have already proven themselves "must haves". Can we expect to see these included in future updates, as in offically implemented into the game? Or, will they be included ala mutalators from the Unreal Tournament series, if at all?

3. As Impulse moves forward into it's next phase, I'm curious to know if has Demigod specifically been the catalyst for any changes/improvements/additions to Stardock's plans?

4. 23% is Demigod's magic number; the portion of the playerbase actually playing online. We've heard Stardock's response to this, do you know how GPG reacted to this rather surprising figure?

November 29, 2009 9:14:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Mixmagic - Can you reword your question and expand it some?  I'm not sure what rook ToL is, what the specific oak/qot AA issue you are describing is. 

ToL = tower of light. its got issues, the thread on this is http://forums.demigodthegame.com/366694 . The Oak and QoT AA issue is that you can be attacking a demigod, then use a skill and it will go and attack some other demi or target to what you were attacking before you used the skill. 

(Oak)like u can be in persuit of a demigod used pentenence then he just doesnt attack and that demi gets away on 1-200 hp...its very frustrating (the same goes for QoT AA).

this can also happen when you are fighting a demigod and he isnt running...you use pentenence or shield and then he will sit there for 1-3 seconds and this as you can be devestating especially if the enamy dg has slayers.

if you need more let me know, im offshore atm working on this Gorgon project, so im limited to my time but let me know if i need to expand more.

November 29, 2009 9:28:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak and QoT AA issue is that you can be attacking a demigod, then use a skill and it will go and attack some other demi or target to what you were attacking before you used the skill.

i thought that this bug is found when you issue an order while a minion and your dg  are selected the next order will then go crazy

November 29, 2009 10:02:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

updated

November 29, 2009 11:13:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is the idea of adding the option to deactivate the backgrounds on the maps is still possible?

If so, when do you think is going to be ready?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.