The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] Queen of Thorns - Balance mod with new skill Nutrient Extraction v1.12

By on November 29, 2009 12:18:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Hello all QoT players,

Many people complain always about QoT's weakness, and useless skills. The most recent complain is about the supposed "Buff" that SD/GPG gave her. This so-called Buff, made entourage a kinda useless skill, and made it worth getting ground spikes over Entourage, since the buffs were not worth it.

I personally never play QoT, (excuse me but I dont like her), but when i play against her, it is almost certain that with any character, i will drive her away, since she lacks the neccessary dps.

XaviorsFist suggested/requested a replacement for the Entourage skill. And so i tried to do it. But i failed and asked for some help in his forum post. Ptarth offered to look at my code modification, and showed me my mistakes in the code.

So please give credit to Ptarth.

Anyway, enough with my blah blah blah. The changes are:

Nutrient Extraction

The shambler buffs are gone, instead it now has a Life Steal Aura, which is useful not only for QoT and her minions, but also for allied demigods. After all, QoT is a support character. Sedna has 2 Aura skills for a loooong time. Its only fair.

Nutrient Extraction I: Queen of Thorns gains a Life Steal Aura. Life Steal for all allies increased by 8%

Nutrient Extraction II: Queen of Thorns gains a Life Steal Aura. Life Steal for all allies increased by 12%

Nutrient Extraction III: Queen of Thorns gains a Life Steal Aura. Life Steal for all allies increased by 15%

Tribute:  Queen of Thorns demands tribute from her subjects. Gold production increased by 6. (I buffed tribute a little, in order to make it a little useful. It is a level 15 skill after all, +4 gold was like nothing)

Summon Shamblers

I buffed the shambler HP and damage gain, in order to compensate for Entourage's lack of shambler buffs.

Summon Shambler I:  Changed the cost from 450 to 350 mana.  ( Summoning 1 shambler for 450 mana seemed A LOT)

Summon Shambler II:  Buffed shambler damage from 5 to 11. Buffed shambler HP from 125 to 275.

Summon Shambler III:  Buffed shambler damage from 10 to 20. Buffed shambler HP from 250 to 525.

Summon Shambler IV:  Buffed shambler damage from 15 to 30. Buffed shambler HP from 375 to 750. Changed the cost from 975 to 850.

Updated to 1.12 - The changes are:

- Fixed the Life Steal Aura effect of Nutrient Extraction skill

Updated to 1.1 - The changes are:

- Changed the name "Entourage" to "Nutrient Extraction".

- Reduced mana cost for Summon Shambler I skill further, to 350 mana.

- Added an effect to the Life Steal Aura of Nutrient Extraction skill for all allies.

Any feedback, suggestions, etc is greatly appreciated

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?awnynxztrt1

Or   http://uploading.com/files/ecbd1md8/Queen%2Bof%2BThorns%2Bskill%2BNutrient%2BExtraction.rar/

+160 Karma | 101 Replies
November 29, 2009 12:26:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any suggestions for other QoT skills you may have, please do share them.

November 29, 2009 12:33:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a thought but at lvl 15 gold buffs even +6 aren't that great perhaps you could split the gold 2 2 2 amont the lvl of entourage then reduce each lvl of lifesteal by 4% then finally as the lvl 15 skill give a plus 8% to lifesteal making the end result

20% lifesteal(maybe op but she only gets it at lvl 15) and a decent gold boost throughout the game which might help compensated for her need for mana items

DISCLAIMER: i don't play Queen. So these are just ideas.

November 29, 2009 12:54:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,
Just a thought but at lvl 15 gold buffs even +6 aren't that great perhaps you could split the gold 2 2 2 amont the lvl of entourage then reduce each lvl of lifesteal by 4% then finally as the lvl 15 skill give a plus 8% to lifesteal making the end result

20% lifesteal(maybe op but she only gets it at lvl 15) and a decent gold boost throughout the game which might help compensated for her need for mana items

DISCLAIMER: i don't play Queen. So these are just ideas.

This is good in theory, but i tested the Life Steal at 4% at Entourage I, and it was like nothing. I couldnt feel any difference.

So if i make it 4% Life steal and +2 gold income, it would not worth it imo.

November 29, 2009 12:59:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So if i make it 4% Life steal and +2 gold income, it would not worth it imo.

at least not early game but that is when queen does ok because of bramble shield its late game imo that queen really strugglees and the +2 gold would help later

could you upload both mods so that they can both be playtested?

November 29, 2009 1:05:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay, so how is ground spikes and shield burst coming alone? I'll test this asap

November 29, 2009 1:39:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

at least not early game but that is when queen does ok because of bramble shield its late game imo that queen really strugglees and the +2 gold would help later

could you upload both mods so that they can both be playtested?

Unfortunately i cant, because The Life Steal is an Aura, and when i tried to add the Gold income to it, it counted as an Aura too, and all allies had +2 gold production LOL. It was like there were Gold mines everywhere!!

I tried to add it in different ways, in order for it not to be an Aura, but i failed

If someone can help me with that, is welcome.

November 29, 2009 1:43:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like you're really coming along nicely morph, so I hate to kinda pop the bubble but: Doesn't a life steal aura seem out of place for a "Queen of Thorns".

What about a combined Armor and Speed tap? Decrease the movement speed and armor of the enemy, and increase it for QoT and minions. Something like "Tangling Vines" and "Hardened Tangling Vines"

Just some thoughts anyways:)

November 29, 2009 1:53:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds like you're really coming along nicely morph, so I hate to kinda pop the bubble but: Doesn't a life steal aura seem out of place for a "Queen of Thorns".

What about a combined Armor and Speed tap? Decrease the movement speed and armor of the enemy, and increase it for QoT and minions. Something like "Tangling Vines" and "Hardened Tangling Vines"

Entourage is a closed Form skill, and so i wanted it to be something passive. Yes you are right, it is a little out of place.

But: QoT needed an Aura, imo, since she is support, until now the only support she could offer to her allies was her shield. So i wanted to give her an Aura. Sedna has Heal AND 2 Auras. So she is a better support now.

About the movement skill you said, it is a very good idea, but it is an active skill, thus it wouldnt go with closed form. Closed form is all about defense, minions, and passive skills, imo.

Also: QoT has already good skills in Open form, that need buffs, but i think they are good, just weak in numbers.

November 29, 2009 2:29:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Level 1 minions and rank 1 idols do ~25 dps. With a life steal aura of 10% they would gain regeneration of 2.5 hp per hit. That's not really going to make a difference. The bigger gain would be other demigods. Low level demigods do ~150-250 damage, which is 15-25 health per hit. That isn't a trivial amount.

I have to say I'm against the lifesteal aura. Lord Erebus doesn't gain his equivalent one until level ~15.

Here's a rundown of the aura effects.

Torcher Bearer: +attack speed +speed -enemy speed -enemy attack speed

Lord Erebus: +lifesteal

Sedna: +heal +recharge skill speed

Unnamed Beast: -health (ooze)

Rook: Nothing

Oculus: +lightning proc

Demon Assassin: nothing

Oak: +armor + healing

Where do you want the queen to fit in? Should she duplicate someone else?

Where do you see the QoT closed form? In combat? Outside of Combat? Passive support?

Here are some other alternatives.

Mana regeneration aura. That would make her in high demand. One could treat entourage as essentially buying the mana helms with skillpoints instead of gold. That way should would be free to have items other than the customary 2 (or even 3) helms.

The gold aura idea was also not bad. I don't see anything wrong with giving her teammates gold. I'm also not sure what the problem was with coding it. You should be able to directly steal the code from her level 15 ability.

Anti-mana regeneration and Anti-health regeneration. If enemy units come within her aura they lose health and mana regen.

Health degeneration - A long range ooze

Mana degeneration - A long range mana ooze

Corpse bomb - When units die within her aura they explode, i.e., UB's corpse mortem.

Anti-armor aura - When units are within range they suffer a percentage armor drop.

However, all of this is pure speculation. Until one gains enough experience with the QoT, I'm not sure one should make vast balance changes. We can all agree that she is weak, but the changes to compensate for that should be driven by those players that will use her. One thing to avoid is the portable-buff machine problem. No demigod should be forced to walk around behind other demigods for the sole purpose of buffing them. It makes for annoying game play, and really offensive players. Consider the pounce-build sedna's who get yelled at for not healing the UB on the other side of the map. The QoT already suffers from this, to increase the likelihood of this happening would only make her less popular not more.

One minor and positive change that I do think would be appropriate is to increase her shield duration. Currently it is 30 seconds, I don't see a problem with it lasting 60 or 120 seconds.

As a caveat to this my primary demigod is the QoT. I typically play her with Blood of the Fallen, monks, shield/ground spikes & 1 point into the spike slow. She does okay, but she isn't a frontliner with her fragility.

November 29, 2009 2:55:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Ptarth

Ok, First of all:

An Aura is a positive effect that has a certain radius and affects allies only. 

By saying:

Unnamed Beast: -health (ooze)

Do you mean Unclean Beast's ooze? Ooze is an AOE that can be activated/deactivated on demand, and has negative effects. it is not an Aura.

Also:

Sedna: +heal +recharge skill speed

Do you mean Healing Wind and Magnificent Presence?

2nd

Oak: +armor + healing

Oak doesnt have armor and health aura. You are probably talking about Divine Justice, which heals allies when Oak kills a unit. it is not an Aura. Now i think Oak has an Aura, but it is a spirit related skill. Either Soul Power or Spirit Ward, im not sure.

Mana regeneration aura. That would make her in high demand. One could treat entourage as essentially buying the mana helms with skillpoints instead of gold. That way should would be free to have items other than the customary 2 (or even 3) helms.

Mana regen Aura is totally out of place, if someone could have this Aura it should be Occulus, it doesnt fit in QoT.

The gold aura idea was also not bad. I don't see anything wrong with giving her teammates gold. I'm also not sure what the problem was with coding it. You should be able to directly steal the code from her level 15 ability.

I tested the Gold Aura and as i said, It was giving my allies Gold income. So it practiacally was a free Currency upgrade. This would make the Citadel upgrade for Gold useless when a QoT would be in your team, and it doesnt make any sense, because the other team would have to buy it. Also, it would be even more unfair because if you had this skill + Currency 1 it would be A LOT of gold for the team. Out of the question sorry. This wouldnt be balance.

Anti-mana regeneration and Anti-health regeneration. If enemy units come within her aura they lose health and mana regen.

Health degeneration - A long range ooze

Mana degeneration - A long range mana ooze

Do I even need to comment on this?

Corpse bomb - When units die within her aura they explode, i.e., UB's corpse mortem.

Anti-armor aura - When units are within range they suffer a percentage armor drop.

These 2 are kinda irrelevant for what QoT needs and also not particularly good.

November 29, 2009 3:00:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Entourage is a closed Form skill, and so i wanted it to be something passive. Yes you are right, it is a little out of place.

But: QoT needed an Aura, imo, since she is support, until now the only support she could offer to her allies was her shield. So i wanted to give her an Aura. Sedna has Heal AND 2 Auras. So she is a better support now.

About the movement skill you said, it is a very good idea, but it is an active skill, thus it wouldnt go with closed form. Closed form is all about defense, minions, and passive skills, imo.

Also: QoT has already good skills in Open form, that need buffs, but i think they are good, just weak in numbers.

Actually I meant it as a speed/armor aura tap. I was thinking, perhaps have it scale according to the number of DGs it is hitting. This would have the interesting effect that the more people you send at QoT at the same time, the higher her armor, and faster she moves/lower your armor, and slower you move. ( Obviously, the exact numbers would have to be somewhat small, and the scaling would have to have diminishing returns. IE: Something like for 1 enemy: 5% speed and armor decrease for them, and 5% increase for yours., 2 enemy 7.5 percent, 3 enemy 9.75%, etc. Not exactly a tap btw, as it would just increase your own armor/speed by that percent. ) The first level could be just the speed, second adds the armor, 3rd increases range, 4th increases range and the percents.

EDIT: I was thinking, QoT already has a way to decrease armor. It would be OP to add a second. So, I was thinking health instead. Basically "Queen commands the life in the area to give up its life to aid her allies, and destroy her enemies."

P.S.: The tap is supposed to give the bonus to allies as well. Only DGs for both the negative and positive effects btw.

November 29, 2009 3:04:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spirit Ward gives a 20 range +armor aura at levels 3 and 4, 200 and 400 armor, respectively.

November 29, 2009 3:08:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I meant it as a speed/armor aura tap. I was thinking, perhaps have it scale according to the number of DGs it is hitting. This would have the interesting effect that the more people you send at QoT at the same time, the higher her armor, and faster she moves/lower your armor, and slower you move. ( Obviously, the exact numbers would have to be somewhat small, and the scaling would have to have diminishing returns. IE: Something like for 1 enemy: 5% speed and armor decrease for them, and 5% increase for yours., 2 enemy 7.5 percent, 3 enemy 9.75%, etc. Not exactly a tap btw, as it would just increase your own armor/speed by that percent. ) The first level could be just the speed, second adds the armor, 3rd increases range, 4th increases range and the percents.

Simple answer:

I am not skilled enough to do this

November 29, 2009 3:25:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Simple answer:

I am not skilled enough to do this

I'm kinda tempted to try it myself. Would be...interesting, but difficult.

but, atm it is after 3 am. I can't sleep, but I'm definately not awake enough to make a real attempt yet:)

November 29, 2009 4:27:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, it might be a little late and my faitgue might be making me sensitive, but I sense a certain amount of patronizing here. I appologize if that's not the case. If it is the case, well I expected better.

In the .lua auras are created by applying a buff (or debuff) to all appropriate targets within a certain distance, which is checked at a certain time intervals. The mechanics for positive effects (e.g., like Healing Wind), and the code for negative effects (e.g., Frost Aura) are very much the same. The difference between Ooze and Frost Aura is simply that Ooze has an on/off switch. Hence my inclusion of all of these as potential auras. If you wish to restrict the QoT to an ally specific positive aura, that's fine. However, to say that Frost Aura (an enemy debuff) isn't an aura, is somewhat odd.

I created the list as a rough picture of the abilities of the demigods, I wasn't trying to be exhaustive, merely descriptive. Given that I'm uncertain what division you are making with auras, I shall not be more specific. However, I will note that I was referring to Healing Wind and Magnificient Presence, although I should probably have added Counter Healing to the list as well.

I have been interpreting aura as any Area wide effect that persists for an extended period of time (and not a temporary 10 second buff). Hence my inclusion of the Oak as having a healing aura with Divine Justice. His spirit totems, as noted by JagerJack, do grant armor bonuses.

I'm not certain what you mean by a Mana Aura being out of place. The QoT already grants herself a mana regen buff when in closed form. The extension of granting her allies mana regeneration as well seems reasonable. Her background story presents her as a rather unpleasant lady focusing on magic due to her lack of physical abilities. The third alternative, is that you don't believe it fits her needs as a playable character. That's a reasonable position, however I would inquire as to what you think she does need? I attempted to phrase this question in my previous post, but I wasn't clear enough. What do you want to accomplish with the QoT? What roles will the modifications make her better at? What are her weaknesses? Her strengths? Until one answers these questions, it does seem that the work will be unguided and potentially misdirected.

re:Gold Aura

Unrelated to the main point, I wonder if minions were gaining gold, and if that actually did anything. It has already been established that her level 15 ability of granting +4 gold income to everyone is rather bad. However, you have now made the claim that having a +2 gold aura at early levels is over powered? It seems to me that these two lines of thought have to cross at some point. How much extra gold would you consider to be balanced? Another line of thought on this issue is that a gold mine gives you 4 gold per second. The aura, with +2 gold per second, would give your team an extra half a gold mine... Again, unless I am misunderstanding, that seems to be a bit underwhelming, not overwhelming. Also Currency 1 grants +4 gold per second.

So, as a regular QoT player I do have some idea of the pains she suffers. I understand that you have a tremendous amount of Demigods experience, far far more impressive than my own meager record. However, in this case I must suggest, as you yourself have pointed out, that because of your inexperience with the QoT, you should be careful about following your intuitions.

So, I've noted you are a regular Erebus & Regulus player. Have you ever been worried about a QoT in your lame? Probably not.

Quick question: What's the easiest way to protect a fellow demigod from being attacked as a QoT.

Answer: Walk into melee range of whatever is attacking them, they will automatically switch to attacking you.

As a QoT, my #1 cause of death is going to save the suicidal Oak/UB and then getting killed when they run away and the enemy switches their attention to me.

What's the point of all this? Well, I find it tragically funny. It also points out that the QoT is different than many of the other demigods, hence we shouldn't scoff at potential ideas just because they seem overpowered. The QoT isn't going to be in melee combat unless something is going wrong. Nor will melee combat last very long, she doens't have staying power, unless it is a 1v1. If it is a 1v1, the other demigod is better off ignoring her and doing something useful with their time.  Hence, things that may seem overpowered, like a low cost mana draining ooze, might be worth considering. It won't be that devestating, because no one is going to be inside it for very long.

I've got my own ideas and thoughts about the QoT, but this isn't my soapbox.

One last bit, the aura that increases its effects based upon the number of enemies within range is mechanically interesting. However, if the QoT is outnumbered she is either fleeing or soon dead. There isn't a whole lot of value in making a really cool ability that isn't really functional. It would be like the Ironwalkers or Sam-El's Cloak, if you need it you are already losing. It seems to me that something that helps her get an advantage would be better than something that let's her slows her agonizing crawl of death. If you want to experience slow agonizing death, play as the QoT against assassins with the poison dagger. Sad times... Really sad times...

Anyway, I think I'm done. If I came across harshly or insulting that's not what I meant. I'm merely trying to provide some feedback and offer a few points of consideration.

November 29, 2009 5:26:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
One last bit, the aura that increases its effects based upon the number of enemies within range is mechanically interesting. However, if the QoT is outnumbered she is either fleeing or soon dead. There isn't a whole lot of value in making a really cool ability that isn't really functional. It would be like the Ironwalkers or Sam-El's Cloak, if you need it you are already losing. It seems to me that something that helps her get an advantage would be better than something that let's her slows her agonizing crawl of death. If you want to experience slow agonizing death, play as the QoT against assassins with the poison dagger. Sad times... Really sad times...

I'm trying to design the aura for use around a single demigod. The idea is, that if a second, third, etc. shows up...it helps the queen and allies get out of there. It isn't designed to be used only when around many people ( hence the diminishing returns on it. ) Also, as you mention, it is mechanically interesting...so figuring some way to do it, should help me with learning the system better:) Currently I am working on the basics, and tommorrow ( well, today... ) after I get some sleep I'll try to tackle the functions.

ATM I have a simple runspeed and health aura. Not much, but it is a start:) Oh, and there will be 4 levels of it, the affects of tribute will just be added to the 4th one some how.

Well, I'm off to add the negative effects to the enemies now:)

P.S.: The mana red. aura would be the end of DA. As it stands, if you take pretty much any of his mana, during the first 5 levels he would only be able to cast 1 ability before having to retreat to the crystal. It really can be quite sad.

November 29, 2009 7:16:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting zechio,

Wait are you talking about as a active skill attack, or a passive one? Because that would to my knowledge overpowered combining it with ground spikes which already debuffs armor.

Quoting morpheas768,

I havent tried it online yet but yay im back in my apartment so my ping will go back to normal. Meaning I'm going to try this mod online soon, but the only real problem I have with it is the vampiric effect  seems to have no difference between what it adsorbs from creeps and demigods,  and neither does it seem to break apart when qot is attack 4 - 5 creeps at once. Is there a way to fix that or is that some complex coding?

Quoting Ptarth,
So, it might be a little late and my faitgue might be making me sensitive, but I sense a certain amount of patronizing here. I appologize if that's not the case. If it is the case, well I expected better.

In the .lua auras are created by applying a buff (or debuff) to all appropriate targets within a certain distance, which is checked at a certain time intervals. The mechanics for positive effects (e.g., like Healing Wind), and the code for negative effects (e.g., Frost Aura) are very much the same. The difference between Ooze and Frost Aura is simply that Ooze has an on/off switch. Hence my inclusion of all of these as potential auras. If you wish to restrict the QoT to an ally specific positive aura, that's fine. However, to say that Frost Aura (an enemy debuff) isn't an aura, is somewhat odd.

I created the list as a rough picture of the abilities of the demigods, I wasn't trying to be exhaustive, merely descriptive. Given that I'm uncertain what division you are making with auras, I shall not be more specific. However, I will note that I was referring to Healing Wind and Magnificient Presence, although I should probably have added Counter Healing to the list as well.

I have been interpreting aura as any Area wide effect that persists for an extended period of time (and not a temporary 10 second buff). Hence my inclusion of the Oak as having a healing aura with Divine Justice. His spirit totems, as noted by JagerJack, do grant armor bonuses.

I'm not certain what you mean by a Mana Aura being out of place. The QoT already grants herself a mana regen buff when in closed form. The extension of granting her allies mana regeneration as well seems reasonable. Her background story presents her as a rather unpleasant lady focusing on magic due to her lack of physical abilities. The third alternative, is that you don't believe it fits her needs as a playable character. That's a reasonable position, however I would inquire as to what you think she does need? I attempted to phrase this question in my previous post, but I wasn't clear enough. What do you want to accomplish with the QoT? What roles will the modifications make her better at? What are her weaknesses? Her strengths? Until one answers these questions, it does seem that the work will be unguided and potentially misdirected.

re:Gold Aura

Unrelated to the main point, I wonder if minions were gaining gold, and if that actually did anything. It has already been established that her level 15 ability of granting +4 gold income to everyone is rather bad. However, you have now made the claim that having a +2 gold aura at early levels is over powered? It seems to me that these two lines of thought have to cross at some point. How much extra gold would you consider to be balanced? Another line of thought on this issue is that a gold mine gives you 4 gold per second. The aura, with +2 gold per second, would give your team an extra half a gold mine... Again, unless I am misunderstanding, that seems to be a bit underwhelming, not overwhelming. Also Currency 1 grants +4 gold per second.

So, as a regular QoT player I do have some idea of the pains she suffers. I understand that you have a tremendous amount of Demigods experience, far far more impressive than my own meager record. However, in this case I must suggest, as you yourself have pointed out, that because of your inexperience with the QoT, you should be careful about following your intuitions.

So, I've noted you are a regular Erebus & Regulus player. Have you ever been worried about a QoT in your lame? Probably not.

Quick question: What's the easiest way to protect a fellow demigod from being attacked as a QoT.

Answer: Walk into melee range of whatever is attacking them, they will automatically switch to attacking you.

As a QoT, my #1 cause of death is going to save the suicidal Oak/UB and then getting killed when they run away and the enemy switches their attention to me.

What's the point of all this? Well, I find it tragically funny. It also points out that the QoT is different than many of the other demigods, hence we shouldn't scoff at potential ideas just because they seem overpowered. The QoT isn't going to be in melee combat unless something is going wrong. Nor will melee combat last very long, she doens't have staying power, unless it is a 1v1. If it is a 1v1, the other demigod is better off ignoring her and doing something useful with their time.  Hence, things that may seem overpowered, like a low cost mana draining ooze, might be worth considering. It won't be that devestating, because no one is going to be inside it for very long.

I've got my own ideas and thoughts about the QoT, but this isn't my soapbox.

Anyway, I think I'm done. If I came across harshly or insulting that's not what I meant. I'm merely trying to provide some feedback and offer a few points of consideration.

First off I must disagree with you, because my main cause of death is not suicidal oak or ub, but instead my own ignorance of not analyzing the situation properly.  I noticed in games where I stayed on top of my game I survived 3 on 1 (me being bombed by oak, ub and ere) by knowing when to pull out, timing my shield exactly right so I take as minimal damage as possible. And munching like my life depended on it which it did lol.

Secondly if a queen of thorns is surrounded by enemy creeps and is about to die than the player is most definitly doing something wrong so please dont put the blame on queen of thorns for ones own inability to survive a creep wave. even surviving one or two demigod is not impossible, and hell I have seen people get very mad because she this so called incredible underpowered demigod could escape their bashing.

Thirdly the level 15 the 4+ gold is useless because you are either winning meaning you more than likely dominate majority of the map, and have majority of the cent upgrades needed, or already attacking their centidale. Or you are losing meaning such boost wouldn't make much of a difference. At the beginning of the game the skill could easly break the game and make it one sided. I mean come on faster gold including currency one you could literaly dominate in cent or demigod upgrades just by focusing on creep killing. Also depening on the map if you can grab and hold the enemies currency flag than you have basically won the money game. Like I have said before  The game is linear with little to no X factor to shift the favor of power.

I am a regular QoT player and have I really worried about a reg or even ere early game? Not so much Mid game depends on the player and late game I probably dont even care about holding lanes anymore but more for destroying their defenses.

You are correct qot isn't like other demigods, but common sense should let you know even certain skill idea are simply overpowering. A qot shouldn't be in in melee unless the player is sure they can atleast push that demigod away or she know there is something she can fall back own. A creep wave, a tower, or an ally coming. These are factors A qot player should always consider attacking along side with. Unless it is an anime or a nuke quantity will more than likely out power quality in the long run.

This type of buff/aura fits fine to because she pulls from nature (plants and such.) And they pull there nutrients from other organism mainly decomposition can help plants grow so to me she is mostly being a parasitic weed  feeding on the living much like a vampire, but instead of blood she is taking nutrients. (Ok yea I am digging too much into it but still.)

@Morph: will the mod work online and if so will it work in any game or does it require the host to have the mod?

November 29, 2009 7:34:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

( Summoning 1 shambler for 450 mana seemed A LOT)

400 mana still seems like a lot for one shambler. Make it 300 or 350

November 29, 2009 7:39:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

( Summoning 1 shambler for 450 mana seemed A LOT)
400 mana still seems like a lot for one shambler. Make it 300 or 350
I ssay 250 and leave it at that.

November 29, 2009 7:45:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL Ptarth! No this is not patronizing. I was simply stating the facts. This is a forum post, arguing is normal. Its about people expressing their opinions and argue

I forgot about ice TB's Aura, and yes JagerJack is right about Oak, i forgot that too^^

About QoT:

I dont like the idea of the Mana Aura, simply because i dont think she needs it. Right now, closed form has enough regen as it is. But....its more than that. I dont know why, but it doesnt fit in my mind, a QoT having a Mana Aura. I cant explain why, lol

Anyway, as i already said, i never play with QoT. So i am not just inexperienced with her. I am a noob QoT. Sorry but you can check my stats and see that i have very very few games as QoT.

And thats the point. I want the opinions of experienced QoT players.

About the Gold income,

I am thinking about it this way:

In a pro game, where even the slightest kill, or any other gold advantage, matters a lot, and it is game-breaking. To the point where even 100-200 gold can make a big difference, trust me on this. thats why i think the gold advantage for the whole team before level 15 is a big deal. At level 5 (Entourage II) QoT will give her team +4 gold, thats an extra Currency 1 for the team. If 1 of them gets Currency 1 = +8 gold for the whole team. Now thats A LOT thrust me.

I have played games that lasted more than 45 minutes, and there were 1-2 kills total!! I know that is an extreme example, but you get my point. So if enourage had this gold buff, the enemy team that did not have a QoT would always be at a disadvatage because of it.

Also, unless I am mistaken, i think that the +4 gold at level 15 (tribute) is only for QoT. Correct me if i am wrong, I dont play as QoT, this is something that i have read in the forums.

All in all, not everybody can agree with every balance change, buffing, nerfing, etc.

But I just wanted to make this mod, simply because XaviorsFist requested it, as i already said.

Anyway, I dont know why you think you were offending, but you were not. You simply expressed your opinions and thank you for that.

Also, any feeback is appreciated, and please do continue to express your ideas, suggestions, likes, dislikes etc.

November 29, 2009 7:58:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This type of buff/aura fits fine to because she pulls from nature (plants and such.) And they pull there nutrients from other organism mainly decomposition can help plants grow so to me she is mostly being a parasitic weed feeding on the living much like a vampire, but instead of blood she is taking nutrients. (Ok yea I am digging too much into it but still.)

Thats exactly how I was thinking about it, and thats why it fits

@Morph: will the mod work online and if so will it work in any game or does it require the host to have the mod?

As this is not an UI only mod, It requires ALL players to have it installed. The Host needs to have it enabled, and the other players at least installed.

Example: Mods like bman's Godlike Team Panel and Rampaging Minion Overlay only affect the UI (UI only) and thats why they dont require other players to have them installed.

This mod, is not UI only, so it requires all players to have it installed.

November 29, 2009 8:01:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe just change the name to nutrient extraction effect lol, and wait does it suppose to effect just her?

November 29, 2009 8:03:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting heavenlysynn,
maybe just change the name to nutrient extraction effect lol, and wait does it suppose to effect just her?

It is a Life Steal Aura. It affects all allies (Demigods, minions, etc).

I could change the name if you like. Just say the word.

Also, any feedback on it is greatly appreciated

Edit: 250 mana for summon shambler I seems like a really small amount. I can change it, but wouldnt it be too low cost?

November 29, 2009 8:07:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol I kinda did, because it is under the second quote in the big post I did.

Anything over 300 is too much a cost for 1 minion.

November 29, 2009 8:19:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

, but the only real problem I have with it is the vampiric effect seems to have no difference between what it adsorbs from creeps and demigods, and neither does it seem to break apart when qot is attack 4 - 5 creeps at once. Is there a way to fix that or is that some complex coding?

Hmm I am not sure what you mean exactly

Can you describe it again?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.