The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Furion-The Sanguine Reaper

By on November 25, 2009 1:57:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've already posted this in the "New Demigod #1 Concepts" topic, but I thought I might as well move this here. I will be posting another idea in a couple of hours/minutes. Please provide any ideas and criticisms; I'm open to everything

Name of Demigod: Furion

Type of Demigod: Assassin

General Description: A silver-armoured and wing-helmed warrior with a shining blade of streaking white, and a red flowing cape. He is usually quiet and serious, though he can easily be sent into an unstoppable rage due to alien influences subtly controlling his very spirit. Being a deadly and superhuman soldier, he unleashes destruction through brutal speed and daring strength, though if he loses control for too long, he collapses upon himself with waves of tidal power. Being draconic and elvish in birth-right, he can morph between both forms, but only when he is prepared for a sacrifice (that is his power).

Taunts/Phrases (when in dragon form, his voice is much deeper and more relaxed)

"I see a dawn.....but there is no light." (when you select him)

"Eos' blood.....the scent of death is hearkening." (when you select him in Rage form)

"I am the vigil-guardian of this world." (when you select him in dragon form)

"Tithe of the unseen, a sigil rose of destiny." (when you order him to attack any enemy)

"Blood? Blood! Furious chasm, I command thee!" (when you order him to attack any enemy in Rage form)

"I feel woe for their loss." (when you order him to attack any enemy in dragon form)

"A worthy opponent, I am sorrowful for this benign martyr." (when you order him to specifically attack a Demigod)

"Cursed ones, die for Eskaron!" (when you order him to specifically attack a Demigod in Rage form)

"Rose of the void, do not despair; I come not in spite." (when you order him to specifically attack a Demigod in dragon form)

"I go.....but nay does my will." (when you order him to move)

"Soon, all will be cleansed. Soon, all will feel my wrath!" (when you order him to move in Rage form)

"Wisdom is my only shield in that place." (when you order him to move in dragon form)

"Your power is mine!" (when you use Soul Leech)

"I....I.....see....the light...." (when he dies, "the light" echoes after his death animation finishes)

"Ascension through rebirth, mortals!" (when he dies in Rage form)

"There is no wicker for me." (when he dies in dragon form)

"The power.....it is.....good." (when he uses Furious Soul to change into the dragon form)

"Alas, immortality has it's limits." (when he uses Furious Soul to change into the humanoid form)

"Of course...." (random voice-over)

"Cry a river....." (random voice-over)

"Inept fleshlings....." (random voice-over in Rage)

"I feel not for life." (random voice-over in Rage)

"My candle dims...." (random voice-over in dragon form)

"It is null....nothing...." (random voice-over in dragon form)

Rebirth (start of the game and after death timer expires) Animation: A bolt of light strikes the earth, and Furion emerges from it with a roar of rage.

Death Animation (rage): Furion's body explodes into fragments, and his tormented spirit dissipates.

Death Animation (normal): Furion screams to the heavens as his body chars and withers away until he is dust.

Death Animation (dragon): Furion slowly falls to the ground and his body dissolves into blood.

Abilities:

Ability 1: Wild Dash-springs forward with amazing agility at the selected enemy, knocking down smaller units.

Level 1: Wild Dash does 100 damage to units it touches, basic distance and costs 300 mana. Level 4. Wild Dash does 200 damage to units it touches, basic distance and costs 350 mana. Level 7. Wild Dash does 250 damage to units it touches, increased distance and costs 450 mana.

Ability 2: Smite-places all his might into one ferocious sword stroke, knocking nearby enemies into the air.

Level 1: Smite does 290 damage to the target, 90 damage to units slightly in front of Furion, and costs 340 mana.  Level 5. Smite does 590 damage to the target, 150 damage to units slightly in front of Furion, and costs 520 mana. Level 10. Smite does 700 damage to the target, 200 damage to units slightly in front of Furion, and costs 680 mana.

Ability 3: Rage-passive ability that creates a random chance (40% every 5 seconds) that Furion will break down into fury, increasing attack speed, damage and movement speed but making him unable to use his normal abilities and has a random chance every interval to keep raging, return to normal or if left too long, simply die. (Furion can descend into fury without the ability, but it far increases the chance he will simply burn out thus making the ability necessary)

Level 1: Rage gives Furion a 10% increase to attack speed, damage and movement speed, makes the interval 20 seconds, and makes the death timer 1 minute.  Level 3. Rage now makes the interval 18 seconds, and the death timer 1 minute and 10 seconds. Level 5. Rage now makes the interval 14 seconds, and the death timer 1 minute and 25 seconds. Level 8. Rage now makes the interval 11 seconds, and the death timer 1 minuter and 47 seconds. Level 12. Rage gives Furion a 15% increase to attack speed, damage and movement speed, but the interval time and death timer do not change.

Ability 4: Scream-Furion screams with terrifying ferocity, and severly stuns nearby enemies; only triggerable during Rage.

Level 6: Scream debuffs movement speed and attack speed of nearby enemies for 20 seconds, stuns enemies for 8 seconds and Demigods for 2 seconds, costs 450 mana. Level 15: Scream now stuns enemies for 12 seconds and Demigods for 4 seconds and costs 650 mana. 

Ability 5: Soul Leech-Furion taps into the powers his demonic possessors have given him, ripping the very life from any enemy; only triggerable during Rage. Must be in direct contact with target to use.

Level 3: Soul Leech drains 400 health, 200 mana from a targeted enemy and costs 300 mana. Level 6. Soul Leech drains 600 health, 400 mana and costs 500 mana. Level 9. Soul Leech drains 800 health, 600 mana and costs 700 mana.

Ability 6: Mad Wrath-Furion's intense fury and his own natural power combine to tear all existence around him into shreds, thus unleashing abilities he never wanted to have; only triggerable during Rage.

Level 9: Mad Wrath causes the surrounding air to crackle with energy and unnatural forces, causing all inside the affected area to freeze (being unable to move) and slowly break apart. Does 800 damage over 5 seconds, has a wide range and costs 700 mana. Level 15. Does 1200 damage over 5 seconds, has a wide range and costs 1020 mana.

Ability 7: Furious Soul-Furion unleashes the power of his family, morphing into a massive and beautiful red dragon, and becomes able to switch through his normal and dragon forms at will. Furion is unable to use any abilities (except Furious Soul to morph back) whilst morphed into the dragon.

Level 16. Furious Soul does 1.5x current attack damage, is not affected by items (except artifacts), has 1/2 the current movement and attack speed and has a cast (or morph) time of 10 seconds, costs 1000 mana. Level 18. Furious Soul now does 1.6x current attack damage, and the attack speed penalty is now reduced by just 1/3 the current speed, costs 1200 mana. Level 20. Furious Soul now does 1.8x current attack damage, costs 1500 mana.

Ability 8: Reaper Grip-A passive ability where Furion gradually succumbs to the demonic spirits in his body, at the cost that he can be taken over completely and attack any nearby beings, friend or foe; only applicable during Rage.

Level 10: Reaper Grip gives a 1.2x boost to all stats, and makes the chances of Furion being possessed 50% for every strike, lasting 10 seconds. . Level 12. Reaper Grip now makes the chances of Furion being possessed 45% for every strike. Level 14. Reaper Grip now gives a 1.3x boost to all stats, and makes the chances of Furion being possessed 40% for every strike, lasting 8 seconds. Level 16. Reaper Grip now makes the chances of Furion being possessed 40% for every strike. Level 20. Reaper Grip now gives a 1.4x boost to all stats.

Notes: Furion is intended to be a high speed, high damage character sort of like Demon Assassin, except with less in the way of simple 'damaging' powers and more health and base armour to offset this. He is very diverse, with the Rage ability being a necessity for Furion to survive (as this is his downside for being very good across the board), although players can choose whether or not to make him a fearful obliterator or a sanguine hero. His instability is a trade-off for exceptionally high health, speed and damage, and thus his abilities reward risk-taking players, especially those who want to take massive risks and use all his rage abilities. For those that want a safer and yet still fun and challenging character to play, Furion's normal abilities have their own merits. Personally, I think he sounds a bit overpowered, but if done well could be a very useful addition. Again, reward for risk-factors should make him really fun to play, unless you really don't like the off-chance that you could simply die.

+4 Karma | 12 Replies
November 25, 2009 5:50:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm....a demigod that goes beserk at full speed, with slight chance of being possessed OR die from exhaustion. NIce!

November 26, 2009 10:01:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool thanks for the feedback DrRabbito1; Furion's very special to me, so I'm glad someone approves of him

November 26, 2009 10:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*claps*

This demigod will go perfect with/against Demon Assasin, it will definatly be added to the game, just wait and see! Sure he may have rough edges, but for now:

/signed

November 26, 2009 11:33:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe thanks. Gee I hope Frogboy notices this and everyone else's brilliant ideas

November 27, 2009 6:38:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aNaRcHiSt44,
Hehe thanks. Gee I hope Frogboy notices this and everyone else's brilliant ideas

like I said, most people are interested in the patches and stuff... New demis such as DA and Oc are taking alot of attention from us too!

November 28, 2009 6:31:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah; I can't wait for the two to be properly implemented and balanced in the game, for just playing against/playing as Demon Assassin and Oculus is really fun as it is.

Hmmm.....I hear a lot of praise about Furion. I'm happy

December 6, 2009 11:14:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump.

I could change him around a bit; I'm contemplating it, and yet I simply don't want to. It's a question of how effective in game he is and how balanced he is towards the actual character of Furion. Just wondering if I should leave him like this: I'm happy with it, and yet I feel it could be better.

December 10, 2009 9:56:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aNaRcHiSt44,
Bump.

I could change him around a bit; I'm contemplating it, and yet I simply don't want to. It's a question of how effective in game he is and how balanced he is towards the actual character of Furion. Just wondering if I should leave him like this: I'm happy with it, and yet I feel it could be better.

work on making his abilities fit him better, like visuals, that should help you out, i know how you feel...

December 11, 2009 6:13:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe thanks. Yeah I do know what you mean; I get that feeling when I'm writing stuff as well hehe.

December 11, 2009 8:54:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting aNaRcHiSt44,
Hehe thanks. Yeah I do know what you mean; I get that feeling when I'm writing stuff as well hehe.

np, been there! ^^

December 12, 2009 1:14:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love this Demi aNaRcHiSt44! It's awsome, but I do hope you check out some of my posts :0

December 14, 2009 9:36:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No worries Unclean Beast; already looked at a few, and I must admit I'm in love; like with Vita's DG's too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.