The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is the Demon Assassin selectable in single player?

Yes!

By on November 24, 2009 2:23:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash

Join Date 03/2009
+71

If you're unable to select the Demon Assassin in single player, try running Demigod one time as administrator. 

Run As Administrator

Then check to see if you can select him for single player.  You do not need to run as admin each time to play, but running it just once as admin may clear up that issue for you.

Pinned, Locked Post 66 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 5, 2009 12:50:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this doesnt fix bewing unable to select him for tournment.

December 6, 2009 12:19:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That .reg file merely served to zero out all of my Impulse play counts.

December 6, 2009 8:26:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Its F**kinSanta online.

Thats another question btw, cant I change him too?

I can select him in singleplayer if I overwrite the registry from 0 to 1.

But Impule overwrite it when I play online. This impulse shit really sucks. DONT USE IT IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT!

Friend of mine has the same problem.

It really pisses me off, especially cause the support doesnt answer.

Another fucking bug: I always get a new message info when i'm online. It says my own name. When I close it, it pops up 2secs later again.

Cant you first fix a game and THEN release it???

I really just want my money back and throw this stupid piece of shit in the away.

December 10, 2009 8:26:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I had to host and start a match which I then quit out of. I the had to start a tournament and finish one game so that the assassin would stick. I can now play him in Both tourney and skirmish.

December 11, 2009 12:26:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I just downloaded the game again (had it uninstalled for a while) and I encounter the same issue as everyone else. I have absolutely no way of selecting the Demon Assassin.

The reg fix that seems to work for everyone else may not for those who recently install it. Upon reading the instructions on the registry fix to force the game to allow the new class it tells you to edit the entries in the Stardock/Drengin.net/Demigod/DLC directory in the registry. I do not have any such "DLC" directory where these would have been stored. It seems obvious that they embedded the patch into the installer and removed the DLC directory from use for some reason. I've checked _every_ registry entry that calls for Demigod and found nothing to indicate where they are storing this information.

December 11, 2009 3:04:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Running through this thread, complete answers would seem much more helpful than saying you fix something, without saying the process.

In the registstry, Local Machine -> Software -> Stardock -> Wow6432Node -> Stardock -> Drengin.net -> Demigod -> DLC

There should be ten items other than Default.  Object 9 and 10 are marked 0 in their Data, while 1 - 8 are marked 1.

1 - 8 are the default Demigods you play.  9 and 10 are the two new Demigods.  Setting them to 1 will enable them.

[ I run Windows 7 64 bit ]

December 11, 2009 5:41:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting drakdragon64,
Running through this thread, complete answers would seem much more helpful than saying you fix something, without saying the process.

In the registstry, Local Machine -> Software -> Stardock -> Wow6432Node -> Stardock -> Drengin.net -> Demigod -> DLC

There should be ten items other than Default.  Object 9 and 10 are marked 0 in their Data, while 1 - 8 are marked 1.

1 - 8 are the default Demigods you play.  9 and 10 are the two new Demigods.  Setting them to 1 will enable them.

[ I run Windows 7 64 bit ]
My problem is there is no "DLC" under Demigod in that location. I run Windows 7 64bit as well. I'm also running a fresh copy that was downloaded today. I think they screwed something up when they integrated the latest patch into the game.

December 12, 2009 9:52:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you really want to play them i wrote a mod to do it for skirmish mode. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369721

December 12, 2009 9:58:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On a clean install the registry entries are not created until you host one multiplayer game.

On my windows 64 bit machine the registry path is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Stardock\Drengin.net\Demigod\DLC

December 16, 2009 1:33:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just tried that. I ran a hosted game and completed it to be sure. I then went back into single player and there's no way to select the assassin. Also, I still do not have that registry entry for the "DLC" entered even after hosting a game.

I stand by my claim that they failed at some point to QC the patch integration. It's the only thing I can come up with if those that applied the patch to an installed game can play it and unlock that character without a problem and those who recently installed it are the ones with the issue. (from what I've been reading on the forums that is.)

December 24, 2009 1:13:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By multiplayer, people mean Internet multiplayer. It won't work via LAN until you login which is why it's not been working for me this past month.

December 29, 2009 5:09:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Right - like syDaemon said, Aiyen, Oculus hasn't been unlocked by SD yet.  If he's officially "complete" I think SD will unlock him before too long. 

Wait, what?  I just paid money for a game that has been out for eight months and isn't complete yet?!  What, precisely, the fuck?

January 4, 2010 6:58:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait, what? I just paid money for a game that has been out for eight months and isn't complete yet?! What, precisely, the fuck?

are you retarded?

January 10, 2010 1:30:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only have 4/10 Demigods available in multiplayer. Do i gotta unlock them or something? I can only select general demigods (Except oculus).

In single player all but oculus are available.

Whats the prob here?

January 13, 2010 3:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Avitus,

Wait, what? I just paid money for a game that has been out for eight months and isn't complete yet?! What, precisely, the fuck?

are you retarded?

No, but evidently you are.  Clearly you aren't aware that the generally accepted protocol is to finish a game first, and then release it.  GPG have apparently decided that they're too good for that, though, and have chosen instead the radical path of charging money for a partial game and the promise that it will be completed someday.  Tell me, in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, why is this considered acceptable?

January 13, 2010 3:56:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hakkonen, the game was delivered complete with all Demigods present. Demon Assassin and Oculus are 2 brand new demigods that are being introduced through a patch. Kind of like how in World of Warcraft they continue to release brand new content through major patches.

Read the forums more.

January 13, 2010 6:25:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

after reinstall and rechecking everything from running in admin and logging into multiplayer i only have DA and oculus is still greyed out. i got serial from registering but thats it.

January 15, 2010 3:05:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I can't do the Multiplayer unlock technique because it rejects my valid Impulse account and password.

February 3, 2010 5:28:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gen

Quoting Hakkonen,

Quoting Avitus, reply 38

are you retarded?

No, but evidently you are.  Clearly you aren't aware that the generally accepted protocol is to finish a game first, and then release it.  GPG have apparently decided that they're too good for that, though, and have chosen instead the radical path of charging money for a partial game and the promise that it will be completed someday.  Tell me, in the parallel universe you apparently inhabit, why is this considered acceptable?

The best way to end this: Vavle, EPIC, Criterion Games, and Blizzard. Blizzard STILL releases patches for their games and Valve is constantly updating all of their stuff; it's what they do. Do I even need to talk about all the bonus content EPIC released? With Burnout Paradise, I would've never purchased the game had it not been patched.

What happens with good game developers is, they release the most polished and finished product possible. Then they spend their time reworking it and patching and adding in free content. It's basic stuff. Here's something you purchased, and here is free support and fixes and add-ons that you do NOT pay for. This is the way PC games have worked for years, and I'm more than happy with it.

Think of it like this, company releases complete game, releases expansions which you have to pay for, then they release a sequel which is the exact same as the previous game, but lacking some original features and adding some more that are sub-par and then charging you $50-$60 for it. That's how game developers work who do not care about their customers. This kind of support is intended. It's not an incomplete product because it works and you can play it and everything's there. Overtime, changes are made and things are added and you are charged nothing. This isn't a half-assed sequel, it's building on the original game in a way which your investment lasts for years and years whereas it would've only lasted a few months.

Are you also under the impression MMOs are released feature-incomplete then? The whole point of an MMO is to release paid-for content over the course of the game's lifetime. Here, the content is free. I don't see how that's bad.

April 10, 2010 1:06:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

has any1 tried to beat the tournament on nightmare this may be the reason hes not selectable idk but its happened before with  fps, and rpgs, halo for example you had to collect skulls and do certain things like beat the campaign on hard to unlock new costumes and armor

April 23, 2010 12:02:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

me too

Quoting runetroll,
This finally worked for me, but I had to actually connect to the internet, host a game and start it as the DA before he was selectable in single-player.  Thank you very much for the tip

April 28, 2010 12:54:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried all the fixes in this thread thus far (running admin, Multiplayer game hosting, reg edit's, Script downloads) etc. And still I cannot select the new Demigods. I just bought demigod over impulse. It's downloaded V1.2 - any ideas ?

April 28, 2010 2:22:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting n0e,

Quoting drakdragon64, reply 31Running through this thread, complete answers would seem much more helpful than saying you fix something, without saying the process.

[ I run Windows 7 64 bit ]My problem is there is no "DLC" under Demigod in that location. I run Windows 7 64bit as well. I'm also running a fresh copy that was downloaded today. I think they screwed something up when they integrated the latest patch into the game.

I agree with everything n0e wrote. I don't have any entry in either of the places mentioned (I have vista) and I've tried the multiplayer thing and both the new characters are greyed out. My friend purchased the game about a month ago or so and had no problems. Something must be up with the latest patch for people who have bought the game recently.

This is pretty frustrating.

April 29, 2010 5:52:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here - no DLC entry in registry and also incapable of even selecting the characters. Sad panda.

April 29, 2010 8:23:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Lol,

hi Grithin, same here with my installation. Already send an email to Stardock support. Hope they will answer soon.

Also went to IRC, but no one could help me. Maybe we need to play together online and check it out. Don't forget to play as admin. ^^

See you online, Ed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000968   Page Render Time: