The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is the Demon Assassin selectable in single player?

Yes!

By on November 24, 2009 2:23:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash

Join Date 03/2009
+71

If you're unable to select the Demon Assassin in single player, try running Demigod one time as administrator. 

Run As Administrator

Then check to see if you can select him for single player.  You do not need to run as admin each time to play, but running it just once as admin may clear up that issue for you.

Pinned, Locked Post 66 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 24, 2009 2:35:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Evil dog.

November 24, 2009 2:37:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This finally worked for me, but I had to actually connect to the internet, host a game and start it as the DA before he was selectable in single-player.  Thank you very much for the tip

November 24, 2009 3:32:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash - I think this worked for me... eventually.  Here's what I did.  I couldn't get anything to unlock DA in single player yesterday.  So, I uninstalled and redownloaded the game.  This didn't fix it for me.  Then I tried to run the game as admin, as you suggested.  That DID NOT fix it for me either.  Then, as a final step, I hosted a MP game, selected DA, then just quit the lobby (without every launching the game).  Then, I went back to SP and I was able to select DA in skirmish and tournament.  So, I think its a combination of things. 

So, my advice to anyone still having issues unlocking the demon assassin in SP would be to.

1. Run the game as an administrator
  2. Log in to multiplayer and host a game. Select the Demon Assassin as your playable character.  Then exit out of multiplayer
  3. Go back to single player mode and check.  DA should be unlocked

Thanks, Dash!

November 24, 2009 3:53:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

All I had to do was login to multiplayer, then back out and he was selectable for me.

-Rune-

November 24, 2009 4:34:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

same here... i had to log into mutiplayer before it worked.

November 24, 2009 5:19:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

So, my advice to anyone still having issues unlocking the demon assassin in SP would be to.

Run the game as an administrator
Log in to multiplayer and host a game. Select the Demon Assassin as your playable character.  Then exit out of multiplayer
Go back to single player mode and check.  DA should be unlocked

Thanks, Dash!

This worked for me as well. On a side note, i ran "DemigodLaunch.exe" as admin.

November 24, 2009 6:18:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Okay I have run as admin and went into mp to host a game and then I could pick up the DA. However the Oculus fella is only pickable for the AI not for the player, and the above procedure dont work to unlock. Guess I will wait testing the game until this is sorted out.

November 24, 2009 7:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Occulus hasn't been officially released yet, that's why.

November 24, 2009 8:12:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right - like syDaemon said, Aiyen, Oculus hasn't been unlocked by SD yet.  If he's officially "complete" I think SD will unlock him before too long. 

November 25, 2009 12:18:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm yeah I had the same issue; I couldn't select DA in single-player, and because I haven't gotten into multiplayer yet, it sort of made me *cry*. Anyways, I just created a multiplayer game and set up an AI, backed out and he was selectable in single-player tournaments. Still can't pick him in single-player skirmish though, but I can still tear people up with him.

Thanks for the tip though; I'll see if it works.

November 25, 2009 12:39:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've tried every trick mentioned in this thread. Still can't select him in singleplayer. Work around is to play my singleplayer games through the multiplayer interface.

November 25, 2009 12:45:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Charvel1,
I've tried every trick mentioned in this thread. Still can't select him in singleplayer. Work around is to play my singleplayer games through the multiplayer interface.

Dare I say reinstall if you have the time... then try my method again.  I couldn't do a damn thing to get it work and might still be in the same boat w/o the uninstall, but i really don't know. 

November 25, 2009 1:06:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pacov,

Log in to multiplayer and host a game. Select the Demon Assassin as your playable character.  Then exit out of multiplayer
Go back to single player mode and check.  DA should be unlocked

These two steps worked for me!  Eventually. 

The key step for me was logging into my online Demigod account and setting up a multiplayer internet game as the host.  The Demon Assassin was selectable (and I selected him, of course!).  After cancelling out of the lobby and returning to the main menu, the Demon Assassin remained available for other game modes (single-player, LAN multiplayer).

Just setting up a multiplayer game wasn't enough - I had to host an Internet game.

Can't wait to surprise my friends at our annual Thanksgiving LAN party - they don't know about the new character yet, and probably won't have him unlocked after patching.  Heh-heh-heh...

[edit] Forgot to specify I am using Windows XP [/edit]

November 25, 2009 1:46:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dash - I think this worked for me... eventually. Here's what I did. I couldn't get anything to unlock DA in single player yesterday. So, I uninstalled and redownloaded the game. This didn't fix it for me. Then I tried to run the game as admin, as you suggested. That DID NOT fix it for me either. Then, as a final step, I hosted a MP game, selected DA, then just quit the lobby (without every launching the game). Then, I went back to SP and I was able to select DA in skirmish and tournament. So, I think its a combination of things.

So, my advice to anyone still having issues unlocking the demon assassin in SP would be to.

1. Run the game as an administrator
2. Log in to multiplayer and host a game. Select the Demon Assassin as your playable character. Then exit out of multiplayer
3. Go back to single player mode and check. DA should be unlocked

Thanks, Dash!

Thanks for the additional info Pacov!  So far from reports it sounds like a combination of things are working for those that didn't have immediate access to the Demon Assassin in single player.  If anyone still can't access him after trying all of this, please drop an email to [email protected] and we'll get you sorted out.

Can't wait to surprise my friends at our annual Thanksgiving LAN party - they don't know about the new character yet, and probably won't have him unlocked after patching. Heh-heh-heh...

That's just mean.

November 25, 2009 3:18:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make sure after you log into multiplayer that you stay logged in when you go back to the main menu. dont log out

November 26, 2009 3:29:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey i just installed the game yesterday via impulse (digital download), tried all the things out but cannot unlock the da in multi and in single play. but i can let the ai play him. what can i do, please help me! i`ve done all the things you say here, but nothing worked for me. i have vista 64 home btw, please help me!

okay, just changed the registryentrys from (0) to (1) now both new dg`s are unlocked!

November 30, 2009 11:50:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes

i ran it as admin, but it didnt work unitl i went to MP lobby and selected DA, then went back to SP

next day it was still there, so no need to repeat.

and hes really really fun 

December 2, 2009 10:29:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i tried all the tips here also and none worked. what unlocked him for me was playing 1 game online and winning. after that he was unlocked for single player and been enjoying him ever since. i doubt winning had anything to do with it though, it was probably just the act of completing a game online.

December 2, 2009 11:21:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That has got to be the ugliest dog on the planet

December 2, 2009 2:51:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KABOTT,
okay, just changed the registryentrys from (0) to (1) now both new dg`s are unlocked!

BOTH DG?!~where are those registry entry;s >

December 2, 2009 3:09:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That has got to be the ugliest dog on the planet

That picture was just from his bad side... 

December 4, 2009 8:12:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I got the Problem, just the other way round.

I cannot choose him in online-games.

He's just greyed out, like Oculus.

So why is that???

December 4, 2009 5:33:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Have you tried running the game once as admin? 

Try closing Impulse and running the following file:

http://sd.stardock.com/curthendzell/fix_registrations.reg

Make sure to follow the link in Internet Explorer, as other web browsers will not handle the file type correctly.  Once you follow the link, save the file and double click it to apply it.  Then relaunch Impulse.  You will need to re-login with your username/e-mail (either will work) and password.

If it still isn't accesible after that, drop an email to [email protected] to help get it sorted out.

December 5, 2009 12:10:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I did all that. Also tried the .reg.

Didnt work.

Stardock doesnt answer me on my mail.

Just sucks.

December 5, 2009 12:42:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash - perhaps there is an issue with the script that adds DA to players that have recently bought the game?  I was in IRC when Nakor or one of you fellows was rolling out access for everyone that had already purchased the game, but he indicated that a script needed to run for new players as I don't think anyone automatically gets access when they buy the game.  That might have changed, but I don't know. 

Santa... what is the username you use when you play online?  I see no online game history for your forum name. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: