The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD][FAVOR ITEMS - NEW]Neilo's New Favor Items THELERAN ARMOR - SACRED CHALICE - SWORD OF RECTITUDE

By on November 24, 2009 11:40:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

I have started making new favor items to be used in conjunction with mrappard's new favor tab mod. I have three items complete and am working on more, plus looking to convert Morpheas768's Cloak of Invisability MOD to a favor item instead of a artifact.

Here are the three completed items.

Theleran Armor

- 750 Armor

- +5 hp per second

- +5% life Steal

- 5000 Favor points

Sacred Chalice (thanks to mrappard for the img!)

- 375 Health

- +5 hp per second

- 450 Mana

- +5 mana per second

Sword of Rectitude

Use: +75 weapon Damage for 6 seconds. 45 sec cooldown

+25 Weapon Damage

8000 Favor Points

Favor price at this point is just a figure, since the abundance of favor points most of us have, any price would be near mute. It is hard to balance by point price as compared to gold in game, but unless we have a favor reset we will just have to deal with it.

The mod adds a new Favor Tab with these mods within it, much like the assassin/generals tab. More items are too come.

Full credit to the new Favor Tab goes to mrappard.

Any suggestions for new favor items would be appreciated as well.

Please Comment, feedback appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0mqqyjzndy/NeilosNewFavorItems.rar

+127 Karma | 45 Replies
November 26, 2009 2:50:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting Neilo, reply 21WOW..After playing a full game with the sword it really needs a debuff...LOL

Really? Hmm i guess if you take regulus + angel fury + damage items it would be a little OP....

It was with Reg and with AF....even at lvl 4 with the Sword activated he had Weapon Damage 289-319. Now for Reg, this might actually make him more useful, especailly with slayers Wraps.....but for other hero's i think it might be too op.

Well see after some more peeps try it out.

November 26, 2009 2:56:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, what i meant about favor points, is that you can go in the prefs file and set them to 100000 or 50000 or....whatever you like. Single player = infinite favor for all players.

Oh..yes indeed. in that regard the points will matter not, but i do hope that we may see these items in MP use as well. then we may have to worry about favor price.

November 26, 2009 3:07:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok i tested your mod, and there are a few problems:

- First, i noticed that the main folder of the mod is named "NewFavorItems". The same name as mrappard's mod. Now this is a problem for me, because i cant keep both of them in the mods folder, since they have the same name and i cant rename 1 of them either, because then it doesnt work.

Could you please rename it where neccessary and upload again? Thank you.

- Second, I tested all 3 items, only 1 of them is working as it should. The Sacred Chalice.

The other 2 have some issues:

The Theleran Armor, only its armor buff applies. The +5 hp per second and the +5% Life steal dont work at all. Look at character stats and you can see that there is no +5 hp per sec. About the life steal, you need to watch closely your hp when auto attacking, and you can see that there is no increase in hp other then the 2.77 natural regen.

So, the +750 armor works, and the other effects dont work.

The Sword of Rect, has a small issue. Well kinda...

Its +75 damage is actually an Aura. So when you cativate it, your allies have +75 damage too!!!! That is not supposed to happen LOL!

- Last, when i click on your new tab for the favor items, it shows as i am in the special assasin/general tab. The new tab is not highlighted. If i am in the new tab and want to go to the assasin/general tab, i cant!

I need to go to the normal favor items, and then change to the special assasin/general tab.

I dont want to be harsh, just trying to help by telling you some issues i found.

Hope these help!

November 26, 2009 3:54:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Last, when i click on your new tab for the favor items, it shows as i am in the special assasin/general tab. The new tab is not highlighted. If i am in the new tab and want to go to the assasin/general tab, i cant!

I need to go to the normal favor items, and then change to the special assasin/general tab.

Well i have found this to be the case even when i use it with the normal BANHAMMER item. I took this to be the normal behaviour.

Its +75 damage is actually an Aura. So when you cativate it, your allies have +75 damage too!!!! That is not supposed to happen LOL!

Damn..i thought i had it out...i'll get back on it.

The +5 hp per second and the +5% Life steal dont work at all. Look at character stats and you can see that there is no +5 hp per sec. About the life steal, you need to watch closely your hp when auto attacking, and you can see that there is no increase in hp other then the 2.77 natural regen.

Ok...thoughts? I thought it was working. I'll try and find whats up.

As for the naming issue, i really have nfi whats going on there, cause no matter what i name the mod too, it will not work. I can adjust every value i can think of, but unless the mod is in a folder called newfavoritems, my items will not show up at all. If you know what value i need to change to allow mrappards mod to work when not in his folder, id certainly love the tip.

I don't think your being harsh at all mate, these are my first mods and this is exactly the type of feedback i need mate. Any help or advice is appreciated.....greatly!

November 26, 2009 4:07:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The +5 hp per second and the +5% Life steal dont work at all.

LOL..the +5% is working..sorta...its actually giving 0.05%...an easy fix.

I'm looking into the rest now too.

November 26, 2009 4:10:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok...thoughts? I thought it was working. I'll try and find whats up.

As for the naming issue, i really have nfi whats going on there, cause no matter what i name the mod too, it will not work. I can adjust every value i can think of, but unless the mod is in a folder called newfavoritems, my items will not show up at all. If you know what value i need to change to allow mrappards mod to work when not in his folder, id certainly love the tip.

I already renamed my file to "Neilo's new Favor Items".

OK listen: Go to hook\units\ug\b\ugbshop08 and open ugbshop08_gkrits_unit.lua ,  In line #89 it says:

Layout = '/mods/NewFavorItems/UGBShop08_gkrits_ShopLayout.lua',

Change this to whatever you want to name it. I renamed it to:

Layout = '/mods/Neilo\'s new Favor Items/UGBShop08_gkrits_ShopLayout.lua',

but you can rename it to whatever you feel like, just keep in mind that this is the name of the folder, so it will have to be the same.

Then go to hook\lua\common\Items and open Achievement_Items.lua ,   In line #80 it says:

Icon = '../../../../../mods/NewFavorItems/Chalice',    rename that too.

and thats about it. when you do these 2 things, rename the folder also. All 3 With the same name ofc.

About the +5 HP/s and the +5% Life steal, i didnt look at it too much, but i will try to fix it later. Right now i dont have a lot of time.

If i manage to fix it i will let you know.

November 26, 2009 4:13:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL..the +5% is working..sorta...its actually giving 0.05%...an easy fix.

Yeah i just spotted it, I will look into the Life steal later, in 15 minutes maybe.

November 26, 2009 4:20:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still think the Sacred Chalice is a bit too powerful. Compare it to BotS which gives +800 health and +5hp/s. This one gives you 375 health and 450 mana. Then it also gives you 5 hp/s and 5mp/s. You could say it gives "825 + X" (mana and health) and + 10 xp/s (mana and health). Which is only a bit more powerful than BotS but keep in mind that BotS are one of the most powerful items atm.

If it has 10 xp/s it should probably max have 600 + X (health and mana included) IMO.

November 26, 2009 4:26:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok i tested it and it turns out, the Theleran armor was giving 5% life steal and +0.05 Hp per second. LOL

Change it to:

Armor = {Add = 750},
   Regen = {Add = 5},
   LifeSteal = {Add = 0.05},

So the HP per sec was not working, but the Life steal was working. I just made the mistake to try to test it in an enemy tower with regulus. You cant steal HP from towers or other structures. I just forgot that for a minute.

About the Regen that was not working, could have happened to anyone, i have made this mistake too in one of my mods he he^^

November 26, 2009 4:29:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
I still think the Sacred Chalice is a bit too powerful. Compare it to BotS which gives +800 health and +5hp/s. This one gives you 375 health and 450 mana. Then it also gives you 5 hp/s and 5mp/s. You could say it gives "825 + X" (mana and health) and + 10 xp/s (mana and health). Which is only a bit more powerful than BotS but keep in mind that BotS are one of the most powerful items atm.

If it has 10 xp/s it should probably max have 600 + X (health and mana included) IMO.

Do you mean BotF?

BotS = Blade of the Serpent

BotF = Blood of the Fallen

November 26, 2009 7:22:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In line #89 it says: Layout = '/mods/NewFavorItems/UGBShop08_gkrits_ShopLayout.lua',

I don't know how i missed that...thanks Morph, works like a treat now.

Another thing i found whilst fixing the =75 damage aura, is that the +25 damage buff was lost after using the +75 favor. i'm still working on that. the +25 would be there if you never activated the faor item, but once you did, the favor overwrote that, so that when the favor was activated you still only had +75, not the +100 you should have.

And once the favor's 6 seconds were up, your damage rating fell back to 0, not the +25 it should be.

November 26, 2009 8:33:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another thing i found whilst fixing the =75 damage aura, is that the +25 damage buff was lost after using the +75 favor. i'm still working on that. the +25 would be there if you never activated the faor item, but once you did, the favor overwrote that, so that when the favor was activated you still only had +75, not the +100 you should have.

And once the favor's 6 seconds were up, your damage rating fell back to 0, not the +25 it should be.

Go to Achievement_Items.lua

In line #162 it says:  Stacks = 'REPLACE',

change it to:  Stacks = 'ALWAYS',

Now it should work fine.

November 26, 2009 8:54:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Neilo, i just tested the Sword, and the damage buffs work fine. When i activate it, i have +100 damage for 6 seconds, and when these 6 seconds are up, it goes back to +25.

Maybe it is something you did, and changed it by mistake later?

November 26, 2009 11:49:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting Esuzu, reply 33I still think the Sacred Chalice is a bit too powerful. Compare it to BotS which gives +800 health and +5hp/s. This one gives you 375 health and 450 mana. Then it also gives you 5 hp/s and 5mp/s. You could say it gives "825 + X" (mana and health) and + 10 xp/s (mana and health). Which is only a bit more powerful than BotS but keep in mind that BotS are one of the most powerful items atm.

Do you mean BotF?

BotS = Blade of the Serpent

BotF = Blood of the Fallen

Oops. Yeah, I mean BotF.

November 27, 2009 12:53:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks once again Morph....

Updated mod to version 1.5 and uploaded it.

Get the mod.

Thanks for feedback guys, please keep it coming.

Changes in V1.5

Sword of Rectitude - Fixed +75 weapon damage being given as an aura.

- Fixed +25 damage buff being replaxced by the +75 use ability.

Theleran Armor - Fixed the +5hp a second

Changed name of mod folder to avoif conflicts.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0mqqyjzndy/NeilosNewFavorItems.rar

November 30, 2009 8:36:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sword of Rectitude

i suggest you drop the cooldown time of this favor item down to 20-25 secs.

November 30, 2009 10:43:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll test it at 25secs mate and see how it goes. My thinking keeping it higher was late game with higher lvls and say slayers wraps or something similiar, it might be op to be able to use it too often. Especailly with Reg (AF) or Oak (with spirits)

November 30, 2009 11:41:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol is my flip of a coin item going to be added?

December 1, 2009 3:24:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It sure is mate. I'm moving house tho this week through the weekend, so i don't have much time for actual modding. I do have the code outlined though.

I'm also thinking about a favor item that would be like oaks shield. But it would be assassin only i'm thinking. Any thoughts on that guys?

December 14, 2009 5:29:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm also thinking about a favor item that would be like oaks shield.

Great idea!

I would love this item But make it for generals and assassins.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.