The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD][FAVOR ITEMS - NEW]Neilo's New Favor Items THELERAN ARMOR - SACRED CHALICE - SWORD OF RECTITUDE

By on November 24, 2009 11:40:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

I have started making new favor items to be used in conjunction with mrappard's new favor tab mod. I have three items complete and am working on more, plus looking to convert Morpheas768's Cloak of Invisability MOD to a favor item instead of a artifact.

Here are the three completed items.

Theleran Armor

- 750 Armor

- +5 hp per second

- +5% life Steal

- 5000 Favor points

Sacred Chalice (thanks to mrappard for the img!)

- 375 Health

- +5 hp per second

- 450 Mana

- +5 mana per second

Sword of Rectitude

Use: +75 weapon Damage for 6 seconds. 45 sec cooldown

+25 Weapon Damage

8000 Favor Points

Favor price at this point is just a figure, since the abundance of favor points most of us have, any price would be near mute. It is hard to balance by point price as compared to gold in game, but unless we have a favor reset we will just have to deal with it.

The mod adds a new Favor Tab with these mods within it, much like the assassin/generals tab. More items are too come.

Full credit to the new Favor Tab goes to mrappard.

Any suggestions for new favor items would be appreciated as well.

Please Comment, feedback appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r0mqqyjzndy/NeilosNewFavorItems.rar

+124 Karma | 45 Replies
November 24, 2009 11:44:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[NT]

November 24, 2009 12:17:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generic favor items to be honest, the idea forums are teeming with life; I suggest you take a look.

November 24, 2009 2:37:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They look like pretty good favor items. The Sacred Chalice is just a general hp/mp buff while the Theleran Armor is a very nice armor item.

November 24, 2009 3:58:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Designing favor items with price point as a balancing foil is an awful idea, imo.  Favor items should all be designed with the same relative power in mind, not based around how much they cost since, as we all know, cost is completely irrelevant in the end.

If all favor items had the same item budget, there would probably be a lot more variety in items actually seen in the wild.

Haha, had you for a second there.  I'm just kidding, everybody will just keep using HP favor items.

November 24, 2009 5:51:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really like the Thelaran Armor, especially because there is no other armor favor item there....its values are fine...def worth the favor points

the Chalice is not really what i was missing for favor items, but its great to complete a good hp stack build and include some basic mana production in it....

thumbs up for both...

November 24, 2009 8:03:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont like to be negative but they are both a little OP. You should scale them down a little.

My suggestions: In Theleran Armor, reduce the amount of armor to 750, or remove the Life Steal effect.

In Sacred Chalice, reduce the amount of HP a little to 400 or 350, to avoid HP stackers. Since it gives mana and HP i think it needs a little nerfing. Just my opinion on these 2 items.

Also, i didnt make a Cloak of Night MOD, maybe you mean Cloak of Invisibility?

Good job in modding btw, and hope to see more mods from you!

November 24, 2009 8:17:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, i didnt make a Cloak of Night MOD, maybe you mean Cloak of Invisibility?

I did indeed, ty. It was near 4am when i made this post...lol.

In Theleran Armor, reduce the amount of armor to 750

I really want to keep the life steal, so yes i do think a reduction in armor might be needed. I thought this might be the case when TB was so good early on in testing.

I'll be honest i havent played out a game with the Sacred Chalice, only tested that it works, so i will play some with it and adjust, though i will release it as is to gain a bit more feedback.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

November 24, 2009 8:22:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyway i want to say that you are more than welcome to use my mod "Cloak of Invisibility".

Also, anyone who wishes to use one of my mods is welcome too, just mention my name in discription or something.

November 24, 2009 9:08:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ty, i would have asked before releasing to be sure. I think most of us are happy for our mods to be used in anyway, provided we are credited.

November 24, 2009 9:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love both of em! Maybe the armor needs a slight debuff in price and power, but make sure you test that chalice out! Great work man!

November 25, 2009 12:14:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's totally not a chalice

Icon Location: http://67.55.41.251/Demigod/Chalice.dds

You can place it in with this code

Abilities = {

AbilityBlueprint {

Name = 'AchievementNewAbility',

AbilityType = 'Quiet',

Icon = '../../../../../mods/NewFavorItems/Chalice',

FromItem = 'AchievementNew',

November 25, 2009 12:25:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mrappard, you get another karma from me. Great photo!

November 25, 2009 12:27:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah lol, what Neilo had was not a chalice, but the game has nothing to represent it, so he used the life charm

November 25, 2009 4:16:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggest rather then trying to figure out new item stats, implenting the items from gkrits thread. Those are really good items, and I'd love to play with those. I can see you already have multiple tabs. That's good.

November 25, 2009 6:45:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mrappard, you have outdone yourself...again. Thankyou! As UB said i had nothing better to use and from a distance you can kind of fool your eyes to think that the charm kinda looks like a cup of sorts.

thankyou greatly!

ntropy, i get your point, but i assume gkrit will release his own mod with his own ideas in it. I wouldnt want to steal his ideas and implement them myself.

if gkrit is not going to do those himself, then sure i'll make some of them...i still have about 5 more of my own, that are fairly unique i want to take a crack at.

Plus i want to make UB's Flip of a coin skill into a favor item.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369806

thanks for the feedback guys. the theleran armor has been adjusted and i will implement the icon changes for the chalice and release them in the morning. (I'm Au and its getting late)

November 25, 2009 9:45:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ya I was going to agree with morpheas.  The armor seems a little OP.. the chalice could use a little less hp and a little more mana imo. 

November 25, 2009 11:05:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it possible to make a favor item that scales with level, say +100 armor/level so it grows with you (though 600 armor + 50armor/level sounds a bit more balanced)?

November 25, 2009 5:08:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd have to agree with some of the previous posts. The armor is certainly a bit too powerful. Maybe just tone down the +armor a bit.

Sacred chalice is much more OP imo. Should give max 300+ health and max 300+ mana.

November 26, 2009 12:29:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it possible to make a favor item that scales with level,

I dont know mate, but i suspect not, and if it is possible, i think it would be out of my reach as a modder. I will look into that though.

Well...come to think of it, you could make an item that when procd a % of your own health will be buffed as HP....since its a % it would scale as you play the game. that would be doable, though could easily be OP i think too.

I'll play with the thought though Lunnar.

Rebalancing the chalice now guys...thanks for feedback.

November 26, 2009 2:04:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok guys i have balnced the Thelerman Armor and the Sacred Chalice, plus i have added in the Sword of Rectitude.

Stats as follows,

Theleran Armor

+750 Armor

+5 hp per second

+5% life Steal

+5000 Favor points

Sacred chalice (thanks to mrappard for the img!)

375 Health

+5 hp per second

450 Mana

+5 mana per second

6500 Favor Points

Sword of Rectitude

Use: +75 weapon Damage for 6 seconds. 45 sec cooldown

+25 Weapon Damage

8000 Favor Points

Please comment guys, the sword will need some testing to balance.

Thanks for the comments and feedback!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ytuhtjmmnq/Neilo's new Favor Items.rar

November 26, 2009 2:13:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOW..After playing a full game with the sword it really needs a debuff...LOL

November 26, 2009 2:13:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm they seem kind of balanced but.....

5000, 6500 and 8000 favor points? Well we all know that favor points dont matter, since you can have infinite points in Single player mode.

Nice to see you made them balanced though, and Good Job on all 3 of them!

November 26, 2009 2:14:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,
WOW..After playing a full game with the sword it really needs a debuff...LOL

Really? Hmm i guess if you take regulus + angel fury + damage items it would be a little OP....

November 26, 2009 2:18:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

With favor points im really lost as to what price to give them. Yes most of us have many thousands, so it matters not, but some new players may enjoy these mods too, so i think the price will have to be adjusted.

Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words too mate....i do think the Sword will need its +75 reduced though...hopefully some player feedback will help there.

November 26, 2009 2:23:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, what i meant about favor points, is that you can go in the prefs file and set them to 100000 or 50000 or....whatever you like. Single player = infinite favor for all players.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.