The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

I've said it once and I'll say it again

By on November 24, 2009 2:17:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The community for this game is retarted. I've been playing this game since it came out, not so much latley after the updated that included player familiarity percentage; This is because I play in a premade, there I said it, I have friends.

Now the community can't seem to wrap their heads around this, DEMIGOD IS A TEAM GAME THEREFORE KNOWING YOUR TEAM IS IMPORTANT. And the best way to do that is make friends and play in premade groups. It's not like we're trying to pub stomp, sometimes we lose hard. We just wanna play a game that all of us like, especially with the new Demon Assassin (who's pretty freakin sweet) and the new general on the way. So whats wrong with just sitting in a game and playing with other people, even if they're a team. You may lose, you may win, we won't know unless you play with us. Or better yet find some friends (not hard to do IMO) and play as a group with us. 

Let me clarify my stance here, about an hour ago we started trying to get a game going, it didn't work. The first time everybody joined they instantly looked up our player familiarity percentage, yelled at us for being in a premade and to get a life then left the lobby. Eventually some guy told us to put premade in the game title (which I'll admit isn't a bad idea), I did this and then we waited for far too long and never got a game.

So seriously step up Demigod community, find some friends and play in premades, its much more fun.

0 Karma | 12 Replies
November 24, 2009 2:26:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well this seems familiar doesn't it?

Hey, GPG, if you're reading this, please just make a team matchmaking function already. A new demigod is all nice and good, but how am i supposed to play with him if me and my friends can't even get a damn game?

I honestly don't know how you puggers play this game with nothing but randoms. The thought is utterly unnappealing. And i'm at a loss as to why no one else seems to play with friends, or why people who don't have friends to play with feel the need to be so hostile to those who do.

If you all remember the last time we posted about this, i'd have to say its gotten much, much worse. At least before we weren't being harrassed by the people joining our games.

I wonder, if GPG added team matchmaking, would there even be any other teams to play 90% of the time?

I continue to be utterly stunned at the state of this community.

November 24, 2009 6:15:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The community for this game is retarted.

This summed up the post.

November 24, 2009 6:32:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't find a game? Split the premade and go make new friends? Or play another one? 

Like you said...

DEMIGOD IS A TEAM GAME THEREFORE KNOWING YOUR TEAM IS IMPORTANT

So when you KNOW your team you have an unfair advantage over pubs and they don't want to play with this handicap.

So don't say we are retarded, more so your pathetic you can't go enjoy this game on your own. 

November 24, 2009 8:49:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you not understand what I'm trying to say, I enjoy playing with my friends and you should too.

And if I go find new friends as you suggested; wouldn't I still be in a premade, people would still avoid the games I play in. The cycle would be never ending, until I made friends with everybody in Demigod (which is impossible because I know of a few players who dislike me).

There really isn't that much of an advantage when you know all of your teammates, the game ultimately comes down to skill (I'll admit that some of the guys I play with aren't that great, I myself can have off days as well). As long as you communicate though, you're chances of winning greatly increase. Which brings me to my next point,

THERE'S IN GAME CHAT, which when I used to play with pubs was barely used (usually just to ask for a reg snipe). So if pubs use that and talk to each other to discover other players strengths, then we could have a better game together.

November 24, 2009 8:51:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not like we're trying to pub stomp, sometimes we lose hard. We just wanna play a game that all of us like, especially with the new Demon Assassin (who's pretty freakin sweet) and the new general on the way. So whats wrong with just sitting in a game and playing with other people, even if they're a team. You may lose, you may win, we won't know unless you play with us. Or better yet find some friends (not hard to do IMO) and play as a group with us.

2 Things

1. DA is good with a coordinated team which only happens on vent, which is pretty much empty now, or a premade which you are so double advantage, and i dont have the time to make consistent friends on this game and nobody in my'real life' wants to play DG

2. losing sucks when you lose because your teamates suck which can't be avoided w/o a premade ^^ see above

and as a side note

Put PREMADE IN THE TITLE IF I JOIN KNOWING ITS A PRE I WILL PLAY

November 24, 2009 9:31:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you put "Premade" in your title, they won't even bother taking the time to look up all your stats, cause they will know in advance, and join or avoid without all the hassle.  Then, people that join will know in advance, and you'll know they know in advance.

November 24, 2009 9:46:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've said in the first post, that I have put premade in the game title (for a while my name was in_a_premade, which i found funny) and people still complain about having preamdes in a team game.

November 25, 2009 9:30:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I guess I'm lucky to have had a pretty large, consistent LAN group for computer games.  That is the best way to experience most computer games.  Vent, xfire, or other voice chat while gaming is almost as good.  It's worth the small effort to set it up.  I like xfire, because it's simple.  A couple of button clicks after a small download and you 're set.  Quick to add new people to the chat too.  Vent is great.  You're really missing some of the experience without it.

To Karebears : (So when you KNOW your team you have an unfair advantage over pubs and they don't want to play with this handicap.)

A lot of you guys are better at this game than I.  I can practice more, play more, get better.  And I can find people I like to partner with.  So can you.  We both have the same opportunities.  You got more skills, I got more friends.  Both are advantages.  I don't think either is unfair.  And I'm saying this with a smile, because when I started this game, I got genuinely pug stomped.  I'm just hoping you give the voice chat a try.  It's an added dimension.

Hehehe, remember Paul 'Bear' Bryant - "All I want is my fair advantage."

November 25, 2009 9:42:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting zackeyboy,
I've said in the first post, that I have put premade in the game title (for a while my name was in_a_premade, which i found funny) and people still complain about having preamdes in a team game.

Yep. Irek and I - I think - are fairly well known to be a major 2v2 Premade as we play almost all our games together nowadays. Anyway, we can put 'premade' or 'WAP == We Are Premade' or 'Premade Pref' and it will typically be like this:

- 3 noobs join, have to kick or ask to leave

- 1 pro joins as the newbs joins, see the newb, accuses us of being newb-stompers, leaves in a fury

- One good player joins, sits in lobby forever while we wait for next wave

- One decent player joins. Good player leaves before I ask if he's okay with the decent player of if he'd like to wait longer to get someone better

- Decent player leaves after looking at our stats, calling us an evil premade

- Sit in empty lobby for 10 minutes

- 2 people join, sometimes premade, sometimes not. We finally get a game.

This typically takes about 30-40 minutes. If it was a fun, enjoyable match then we remake, and play against eachother until we get bored.

Sadly, for all the hype of 'JUST PUT PREMADE IN YOUR TITLES OKAY????' .. yeah.. -.- a lot of people still call us evil names and we still rarely get other premades to join. The only pure-premade games I get now'a'days are basically in-house between me and a few friends, and we aren't competitive with each other at all which makes it somewhat... stressful and less enjoyable.

November 25, 2009 10:30:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ya don't worry zackey.. they complain bitterly about premades and then wonder where everyone went.  At best there are a few 2 man groups left.. Very occasionally the 3 man group.  The people I play with (I stopped playing for a month or so.. now I come back for a couple games every couple days)  end up playing with each other mostly.  2 on 2, 3 on 3.. nobody wants to play ppl who have ~1000 games played and a decent %.  "How do you want teams balanced?"  Someone drops down.. they still leave.  No winning.

Just find another game to play (depressing this is a main way to fix this) or get a large enough group to just play amongst yourself and tell the community to fuck off.

November 25, 2009 10:34:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in-house between me and a few friends, and we aren't competitive with each other at all which makes it somewhat... stressful and less enjoyable.

THIS.  Depressing... when you only play against ppl you're friends with.. the competition just isn't there like it is when you go against another team.  Sure it can be fun.. but we're used to playing WITH each other..  ppl just end up not caring / not trying and doing something stupid.

November 26, 2009 3:24:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am glad that there are others out there that share my sentiments, now if only GPG can make a team versus system.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.