Oh god GPG, what have you done?!

By on November 23, 2009 1:26:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lifekatana

Join Date 05/2008
+18

Mark my words in less than a month you'll all be crying how OP the Demon assasin is.

Locked Post 33 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 23, 2009 1:51:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can i cry about it now please?

November 23, 2009 3:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lifekatana, he's not that bad. You're always too overdramatic about these sorts of things. I would list him as underpowered.

November 23, 2009 3:53:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm always overdramatic about these sorts of things?

You will scream and cry and howl! The Demon has come.

November 23, 2009 3:59:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well this is why they are not fully released yet and our still being tested.

The only thing is going to fuck things up is his shadow swap....I havent tested enough yet but its really easy to see how that can be OP.

November 23, 2009 5:56:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Well this is why they are not fully released yet and our still being tested.

The only thing is going to fuck things up is his shadow swap....I havent tested enough yet but its really easy to see how that can be OP.

Ironically enough it isnt used much

Its more the double ranged attack afterwards

November 23, 2009 7:01:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, shadow swap is slow and short ranged. Sure it can be used for ganking, but at that range you'd have been ganked anyways in a 2 on 1.

What is more scary is realizing you can never get away from a warp strike if you engage him and have to flee. Once he is on your ass you are dead because you will never clear the range if he chases you.

He's a little weak and mana hungry. I don't see him standing up to most builds in a 1on1 fight without being crippled himself, but he is an opportunist. If you are weak and he closes in, you are gone because you can't get away.

November 23, 2009 7:33:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, he's phenomenal if he's the 3rd or 5th DG into a fight, but 1v1 he's going to have a hard time holding a lane against almost anybody.

November 23, 2009 7:37:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting DalzK, reply 4Well this is why they are not fully released yet and our still being tested.

Ironically enough it isnt used much

Its more the double ranged attack afterwards

this!!!

November 23, 2009 7:52:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who wants to speculate on standard builds?

Warp Strike
Spine Strike
Precision

November 23, 2009 7:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm planning on trying an AA-heavy build with crit, warp strike, and passives maxed, along with warp area, with one floater point to put wherever. I dropped it in spine strike for early game threatening of other demigods, but YMMV.

November 23, 2009 8:04:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's good in 3s and up, I think he's just awful in 1v1 and 2v2 though.

November 23, 2009 8:04:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lolol, tell me noone sees this combo coming, rook ports to a tower where DA is, the person starts to run, but DA starts his shadow swap, then rook starts his hammer slam, then BAM, one boulder roll later, you are hit by the tower 5 times, and DA's spine attack, and a couple AA's by him, and if yoru not dead, then that means you must be erebus, lol

DaBRUM

November 23, 2009 9:14:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm planning on trying an AA-heavy build with crit, warp strike, and passives maxed, along with warp area, with one floater point to put wherever. I dropped it in spine strike for early game threatening of other demigods, but YMMV.

I tried that and it just doesn't work. Health stacking is still OP, AA Demon can't keep up with a 7k HP Ooze Beast.

November 23, 2009 9:23:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shadow swap in the right hands with one coordinated teamate = victory cause they just pick the squishy demigod combine that with warp spine and whatever the other dg brings stun or nuke any squishy dg is dead take the gold buy items  get ashkandor while the ooze ub is still at 5 k hp game over 

November 23, 2009 9:36:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should probably add like 5% increased attack speed to each rank of both those passive talents, they really don't give enough IMO. 5% per point, when every other passive skill out there has like 5% to 1 stat and 10% to another, or 5% to 2 stats in an aura, its kinda BS.

November 23, 2009 9:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone else think it'd be cool to allow shadow swap to be used on teammates as well?  Think this would add even more team strategies.   Also anyone else think the interrupt should be moved to warp strike?  The cast time seems to long on shadow swap to ever be really usful as interrupt.

November 23, 2009 9:52:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,

I tried that and it just doesn't work. Health stacking is still OP, AA Demon can't keep up with a 7k HP Ooze Beast.
it can keep up with everything else well not many demigods can

edit

November 23, 2009 10:35:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should probably add like 5% increased attack speed to each rank of both those passive talents.

agreed!

AA now sucks. More attack speed would actually make a passive critic build viable.

November 23, 2009 10:56:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DA near instant burst damage at level 15 is hilarious.  Should check out warp strike.

November 24, 2009 8:12:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with mies. I tend to think DA needs a fast interrupt. Warp strike should be that.

November 24, 2009 9:04:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His passives suck, but with DA basically all ranged chars/Rook are majorly fucked. 

Lets take an example: A normal hybrid Tb with 4.5 k hp(obviously you can get a little higher, but with helms adn without flag).

The fight basically goes like this. Erebus/DA or Oak/DA or UB/DA walk in. Tb runs away, DA tries to swap(if hes out of range he uses warpstrike on enemy creep to close the distance). DA warpstrikes back and uses his spine attack, at the same time his ally uses whatever dmg ability he has and hits on TB. TB has gone from 4.5k hp to 1.5k in a few seconds and is basically dead.

November 24, 2009 11:50:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

funny at people saying his passive suck.

Try playing against him when has at the very least a 50% chance of peforming a critical strike.

November 24, 2009 12:15:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I did. Fun to play, but not THAT good. You have no mana or no health or a bit of both. And both of these options is not acceptable.

November 24, 2009 3:21:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That "50% chance of performing a critical strike" is really 40%.  and it's not a real crit, it's a 50% damage crit.

The reality is that his passives are a straight 5% boost (10% chance to deal 150% damage ends up being exactly 5% extra damage,) which is not in line with what other demigods get for passives.

November 24, 2009 3:37:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Irahi,
The reality is that his passives are a straight 5% boost (10% chance to deal 150% damage ends up being exactly 5% extra damage,) which is not in line with what other demigods get for passives.

In other words, it is not worthy of getting at all?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.