The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[UI]About a "Team Health/Mana portraits mod"

By on November 20, 2009 10:13:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For a while ago, when I started playing Demigod I saw there was an UI mod which made showed you the portraits of your team mates (showing the health and mana). I have forgotten the name and haven't found the forum thread, might be because I'm not a looking though. However, that mod only worked in Single Player and not in Multiplayer which makes it rather useless imo.

Now that we have a mod manager is there any chance that somebody could make a similar mod that works online?

+10 Karma | 21 Replies
November 20, 2009 10:54:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bman's Godlike Team Panel

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/355788

I remembered it because Bman is a savant when it comes to modding any game he so wishes to do so.

Those who has played UFO: Extraterrestrials and have tried Bman's Ease of Use mod can attest to that.

November 20, 2009 2:16:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SyDaemon,

Bman's Godlike Team Panel

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/355788

I remembered it because Bman is a savant when it comes to modding any game he so wishes to do so.

Those who has played UFO: Extraterrestrials and have tried Bman's Ease of Use mod can attest to that.
'

Exactly that one. Someone acctually said in the end of that thread that someone is making a new mod like that what I can see.

November 20, 2009 6:25:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it'd be cool if you could use the icons in the Team Panel to target abilities like Heal or shield.

November 20, 2009 6:50:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, that would be the most important thing about it. Sedna and Oak (Occulus aswell I think) would have it so much easier with their support spells if this were made.

November 20, 2009 7:49:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Queen of Thorns will have an easier way to target an ally with a shield too.

Moreover, we won't have to keep saying "oom" again and again.

November 20, 2009 8:48:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

real bummer that bman's not around now that we have modding.  oh well. 

November 20, 2009 10:15:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BMAN = chirmaya?

November 20, 2009 11:16:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kitch45,
BMAN = chirmaya?

Don't think so... otherwise not sure why chirmaya isn't loading character portraits.  Heard someone else speculate that the other day... hmm

November 21, 2009 5:00:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then we can only pray to the Modding Gods that they will send someone and mod it for us...

November 21, 2009 6:46:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can anyone even find bman's original code?  Download link doesn't work in the other thread for me anyway...

November 23, 2009 2:34:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I still have the files.  I'll try to tear myself away from DA:O long enough to update it for 1.2.  I expect it should be a really minor edit to make it work.

November 23, 2009 2:38:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bman654,
I think I still have the files.  I'll try to tear myself away from DA:O long enough to update it for 1.2.  I expect it should be a really minor edit to make it work.

Thanks so much, bman!  Looking forward to seeing an update.  The darkspawn can wait

November 23, 2009 3:36:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Indeed!  Allistair, the love of my female dwarven warrior's heart, just gave me a big ass-chewing over the way I handled things at Redcliffe.  With a heart turned cold and bitter, I took his Warden's Plate for myself and benched him in favor of Dogmeat, someone that always agrees with my decisions.  As I left Allistair shivering in his helmet and bikini briefs with nothing to warm him but his self-righteous attitude, I smashed the locket of his dead mother I had been planning to give to him when we consumated our love for each other.

Hell hath no fury...

Clearly I need a break from the game   but what other game lets you roleplay with your party members to this degree??

November 23, 2009 3:39:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting joe_the_dragon,
it'd be cool if you could use the icons in the Team Panel to target abilities like Heal or shield.

Unless something has changed in 1.2, this won't be possible.  When I wrote the mod, I could find no UI functions to let you specify the target of an ability.  All the "click on your target" code was handled by the game engine once the UI told the engine that it needed a target for an ability.  Unfortunate really.

November 23, 2009 3:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bman, if you could do this for us, that would be amazing! Thank you so much!

November 23, 2009 4:09:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are too good for Alistair anyhow. 
That punk walks around all smug like:

"oh, you know..  I'm kind-of-sort-of a Prince %$#^%!!"

November 23, 2009 4:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bman, if you could even make a non-UI mod that could target DGs with abilities, we would love that too.

November 23, 2009 5:57:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bman654,

That sounds great! Thanks, it is much needed

Though I don't blame you if you finish DA:O first, it is rather... good. To say the least.

November 23, 2009 9:49:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Umm what is DA:O ??

bman we really need this mod, thank you in advance!

November 23, 2009 10:40:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dragon age:  origins.  That which eats the souls of frogboy, bman, me, and many others.  Great game.

November 23, 2009 11:06:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ha ha nice!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.