The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Playable Replays in Browser

Anyone know of tools that can do this?

By on November 18, 2009 12:12:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was wondering if anyone has any tools to convert replays into video files... I konw that Frogboy has done it for the DA gameplay preview, but is that just a straight video capture of a replay on his system or are there tools that would allow us to convert the .replay files into video.  it would be nice to review things on the web through my browser instead of having to load up the game... when I have time to load up the game, I tend to want to play .  I have plenty of dead time when I have a browser up.

Thanks,
ThanatosESC

+1 Karma | 5 Replies
November 18, 2009 12:13:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

November 18, 2009 12:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope. that's not how replays work at all.

November 18, 2009 1:25:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even if u could, Then u wouldnt be able to check every player's skills, see their items, switch demigods etc etc.

It is not the same in a video file, cause u have no control.

November 18, 2009 4:46:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can download or buy screen capture software like FRAPS or Camtasia Studio, rewatch the game from whichever perspective you want, and edit the video and add commentary.  If possible, it is better to have the screen capture software running while you are playing the game.  This is how most VODs are made in RTS games.

November 18, 2009 4:55:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Replay files are just a record of commands/events for the game to reproduce the match from. Vidcapping it is the only way.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.