The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No Demigod update this week

By on November 13, 2009 12:46:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image We’ve got the build staged and we’ve been playing it like madmen. But we’re not quite ready to send this out into the wild, especially on a Thursday with the weekend coming up.

Did have a good game tonight. I was Erebus and my partner was the Demon Assassin and the other side was an Oak with another demon assassin. It played well enough and some of the new item changes were very welcome.

Lots of moving parts in this update so we want to just do more run-throughs.

That said, I will still be on this weekend playing Frogboy 3 on 3 games if you guys have questions, feel free to join me there or ask in the comments area.

Here’s some video footage of the game (I die at the end of the video):

+912 Karma | 101 Replies
November 16, 2009 12:52:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RemV,
On another note, I don't know why people keep feeding the trolls over and over.  It's usually the same people defending the game and whilst the intent is honorable don't get me wrong, it just keeps the negative issues rolling again, and again, and again...  

What do you mean? The discussion between irek and I, while somewhat hostile, still pertained to the topic presented by the OP.

November 16, 2009 1:19:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update Frogboy. I am looking forward to this update. 

My concern is items/abilities that should have been rebalanced a long time ago and just involve testing (see plate visor) haven't been updated or changed  since 1.0. I can't imagine this code change to be more than a line or two of code. I'd like to see more frequent releases of these types of small balancing updates instead of wrapping them in these massive updates that we are seeing with 1.2. Speaking of which did plate visor get the cost reduction or buff it so desperately needs? 

Anyways, I hope that mods will be able to do the balancing that is necessary for this game. GPG and Stardock can focus on the content (Better ally UI, clickable minimap, minion control, etc.) while the community can update the scripting (AI, pathfinding, and item/skill balancing).

November 16, 2009 1:30:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes, plenty of equips need to be changed.

plate visor for example should give 100% more mana regen.

November 16, 2009 6:16:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey i think it is important to point out every single issue - so they can be adressed. I agree with ferazel, 1/2 favor items are useless. in regular shop there is only 3 items in every categhory that is worth taking. these are small easy to do updates. But if no one gonna ask for those we wont get them.

November 16, 2009 12:05:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

frogboy nice to see you here. care to give us estimate when 1.2 goes live? just rough one... Since u want new favors will u reset stats?

My estimate is this Wednesday.

We could have gone out last Wednesday but given the amount of effort that's gone into this, we didn't want to go out as long as there were any question marks. The weird slow down I mentioned only happened on one machine (not even a QA machine) and cleared up after updating its video drivers.

But looking at the posts, sometimes you'd think Demigod was released as some sort of bug fest.  That's like saying World of Warcraft or any other game that has ever been released without sufficient server side support was somehow a bug fest.  

The only way Demigod's launch would have gone smooth really (with hindsight) would have been to have a very very large open beta with a MP stress test.  

It was certainly a problem for people for the first few weeks but anyone describing Demigod as "buggy" in the bigger scheme of things needs to get out more.  I can list hundreds of little imperfections in any game I play but that's the way it is on anything that's remotely complex.

If you go back and read forum posts labeled "this game isn't done!" most of them have to do with people who just lost online complaining about how some other demigod is over powered.

Then you get the people who complain about the net code. And nearly every time we debug it, it turns out that someone in the game had bittorrent or something going in the background.  

The reality is, and I say this as a game developer of going on two decades, there are just a lot of whiney people online who just like to bitch.

Even when I say "and to be clear, I'm not promising" you'll still get people saying "he promised!" (like us saying we were going to release v1.2 last week - we NEVER said that. On the contrary, I explicitly said that we hoped to but we weren't promising since it still had to go through consumer QA).

The reality is that Demigod is a fantastic game. It does what it is supposed to do. I play it almost every day and it's still incredibly fun even after all this time.  That doesn't mean it'sperfect or it's all things to all people. But it is a really good game.

Not DG as the Favor item and the dang Sigil is and Yes I was one of the first to abuse it in beta!!! But now more and more abuse this item.  Also Please faster then Wed. These critical state games are annoying. Just like the game we had Yesterday.

November 16, 2009 4:27:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
hey i think it is important to point out every single issue - so they can be adressed. I agree with ferazel, 1/2 favor items are useless. in regular shop there is only 3 items in every categhory that is worth taking. these are small easy to do updates. But if no one gonna ask for those we wont get them.

there are many threads alrdy suggesting how items should be balanced. i dont think we need to repeat a whole wall-o-text.

two of my threads concerning this issue is here... and here (gloves specific) ...

November 17, 2009 3:23:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Take all the time you need Frogboy i can wait i want the DA and Occy

plus not to mention the line-up of game's on the way Bad company 2 God  of war 3 Dante's inferno diablo 3 give's me time to play them and then come back to this amazing game with even greater content  

November 17, 2009 12:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makito1,
Take all the time you need Frogboy i can wait i want the DA and Occy

plus not to mention the line-up of game's on the way Bad company 2 God  of war 3 Dante's inferno diablo 3 give's me time to play them and then come back to this amazing game with even greater content  

You missed out the new Ratchet and Clank in there ^^

November 17, 2009 2:51:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,

Quoting Makito1, reply 82Take all the time you need Frogboy i can wait i want the DA and Occy

You missed out the new Ratchet and Clank in there ^^

You are Correct Sir i sure did haha i need to grab that as well since i have all the other one's

November 17, 2009 4:33:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ratchet and Clank > Girlfriend

November 18, 2009 5:58:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
If Demigod is such a bad game, why are you hanging out here?

For me this story about patch with 2 new demigods so funny what i still go here every 2-3 weeks for last 6 monthes!!!!

I even dont want to see them, i simply want to see when!!! My friend and i stop even make stakes to it, i want simply watch how this game will fall

Answer: while they think what you doing something for them, they still with you...go on...i realy want to see when they realize what this game is retarded

I know what they'll play thoese dgs for some 2-3 weeks with full eyes of happyness and than they will wait more 6 monthes or even a year for next 2 dgs T_T omfg u rule guys!!!

It's awesome!

Make more and longer!

In fact if I would buyd this game for 50$ i would ask for money back! but 10$ its not that hard for me

And yeah game realy sucks from the begining and still...and after patch will...if patch ever come to live...in fact i still shocked what some one still playing this shit...

November 18, 2009 6:26:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

For me this story about patch with 2 new demigods so funny what i still go here every 2-3 weeks for last 6 monthes!!!!

I even dont want to see them, i simply want to see when!!! My friend and i stop even make stakes to it, i want simply watch how this game will fall

Answer: while they think what you doing something for them, they still with you...go on...i realy want to see when they realize what this game is retarded

I know what they'll play thoese dgs for some 2-3 weeks with full eyes of happyness and than they will wait more 6 monthes or even a year for next 2 dgs T_T omfg u rule guys!!!

It's awesome!

Make more and longer!

In fact if I would buyd this game for 50$ i would ask for money back! but 10$ its not that hard for me

And yeah game realy sucks from the begining and still...and after patch will...if patch ever come to live...in fact i still shocked what some one still playing this shit...

Stop raping my language.

November 19, 2009 1:33:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No update this week either!!!!

November 19, 2009 2:14:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,
No update this week either!!!!

Is that a fact, or are you speculating?

Koz

November 19, 2009 2:18:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ScythianUA,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 13If Demigod is such a bad game, why are you hanging out here?

It's awesome!

Make more and longer!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE KING'S ENGLISH???

November 19, 2009 2:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sooooo it's Thursday. Does this need to be updated to 'No demigod update this week (either)'?

:stands by for community thrash:

November 19, 2009 2:54:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
sooooo it's Thursday. Does this need to be updated to 'No demigod update this week (either)'?

:stands by for community thrash:

They're saying next week for sure.

November 19, 2009 3:08:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

any news on the TB show stopper bug?

November 19, 2009 3:22:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They're saying next week for sure.
I doubt they said for sure (i.e. I doubt they made a promise. But I don't think that it will not be released next week)

-Sorian- already commented on this in Frogboy's recent journal entry . Should be fixed.

November 19, 2009 3:25:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Thanatosesc,

Sorian addressed this in another thread today or late last night I think.  He believes he resolved the issue and sent a build off to SD. 

No one has discussed whether or not the random new DG selection bug was resolved.  Signs are pointing to another week without a patch though... hope I'm wrong though.  They haven't come out directly and said there wouldn't be a patch, but Poly's probably been in IRC chat all day, so I'm guessing he got confirmation from someone that it's not coming out.  No idea why though.  Hoping they actually aren't delaying just because of the random dg stuff, but, as always, its their call.

November 19, 2009 3:35:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Poly's probably been in IRC chat all day, so I'm guessing he got confirmation from someone that it's not coming out.  No idea why though.  Hoping they actually aren't delaying just because of the random dg stuff, but, as always, its their call.

Bingo! IRC 4 life.

November 19, 2009 5:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

puuuh, you were wrong. now im glad. tomorrow im gonna be tired.

November 19, 2009 6:17:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

November 19, 2009 6:20:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I deny being wrong.

November 19, 2009 7:15:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Downloading now  Awesomesauce!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.