The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No Demigod update this week

By on November 13, 2009 12:46:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

image We’ve got the build staged and we’ve been playing it like madmen. But we’re not quite ready to send this out into the wild, especially on a Thursday with the weekend coming up.

Did have a good game tonight. I was Erebus and my partner was the Demon Assassin and the other side was an Oak with another demon assassin. It played well enough and some of the new item changes were very welcome.

Lots of moving parts in this update so we want to just do more run-throughs.

That said, I will still be on this weekend playing Frogboy 3 on 3 games if you guys have questions, feel free to join me there or ask in the comments area.

Here’s some video footage of the game (I die at the end of the video):

Locked Post 101 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 13, 2009 9:21:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Sweet video, for the love of god though give Demon Assassin a freaking name..... Demon assassin is just so unimaginitive.

No. Demon Assassin is awesomely lame in a Stardock like sense of humor.

November 13, 2009 9:42:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Sweet video, for the love of god though give Demon Assassin a freaking name..... Demon assassin is just so unimaginitive.
Hm, I think 'Demon Assassin' gives it/him a more mysterious touch .

Or would give an Alien Queen for example a name too?

November 13, 2009 9:56:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
reply 25

No. Demon Assassin is awesomely lame in a Stardock like sense of humor.

No its just lame and boring.

November 13, 2009 10:04:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't give a f about his name, as long as he's a good addition to the game.

November 14, 2009 5:05:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can u PLS stop these never ending name discussions ?

Demon Assasin is the name for that thing, and its a nice name. end of story !

November 14, 2009 6:40:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Question Frogboy

Why did you knock down a tower in the middle before the side ones?

Oh and I like the name. Its blunt and to the point

November 14, 2009 8:04:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just got an idea: why couldn't DA start with passive ability to deal 1.5 crit dmg (10% chance) like the Erebus passively starts with ability to have 2 nightwalkers without any skill spend. I say that would be cool (again original), and help that assassin to really get reputation as best dmg dealer (but having low health), and to not waste so much passives skills to get that.

Of course, that Crit strike tree should be changed to be accessed at lvl 2/5/8 and not 1/4/7/10. He will save to him one point.

I dont know jet with how big dmg (and dps) he starts on his first lvl, but if it is really high, and if you think this my idea could be OP (i think not!), than just lower his base dmg/dps. I say this cause i think his main originality as dps dealer dg is that he do that through his crit strikes & attack speed, but not through big (base) att dmg. I would left that to Beast! he should be brute force with biggest base att dmd (after Rook ofc), but DA should have small dmg but great base att speed & this passive crit ability i proposed. It really makes the concept difference between UB and DA even bigger (without having DA to take even one point in Crit skill to make it).

November 14, 2009 8:09:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@bobek: i would wait with such suggestions until we all have seen how he performes.

November 14, 2009 5:29:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No one asked the most important question - When You Will Get Patch 1.2 Ready To Be Released

This month, this year? I mean if it is so close to be finished how come u give us partial log of changes?

c'mon forgboy give us deadline - every serius company has some

November 14, 2009 6:57:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
c'mon forgboy give us deadline - every serius company has some

... and if another show-stopping bug is found and the patch is delayed even by a single day, you'll quote the deadline and scream up and down the forums about how Frogboy lied to us all and rant on about GPG and Stardock are evil, multi-million dollar corporations only interested in money.

November 14, 2009 7:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@bobek: i would wait with such suggestions until we all have seen how he performes.

At first i didnt want to respond, but i changed my mind.

You are right, only when we see him we can truly suggest that, but i sugessted that cause i already feel that as a weakness, (and if you can feel it before even try, then it probably is), and in comparison with passive 2 erebus nightwalkers it is rather trivial.

10% chance to 1.5 crit is this:

let's say DA dmg is 100. In 10 hits he'll deal 1000 dmg. With that crit it will be only 1050 !!!, that's really small, 2 nightwalkers do better (plus they take the part of the dmg creeps deal, and you get hurt less). I already see how waste it will be to spend points in that skill when you have so many better active skills and passive speed & dodge to take (yes i believe 100% that active skill would be better). That crit skill will probably give 10% chance for x1.5/2/2.5/3 dmg and that is weak (4 skills for 3 times dmg, 10% chance?!!) Only if i'm wrong with that, and if it gives 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 (!) or increases chance to 15% on higher skill lvls, then i will be indeed wrong. But if it's as i predicted, then my suggestion is already, without even trying DA, the way to go.

Remember, in the end the dmg & chance will remain the same, i'm just saving 1 point for that skill to max it. (by putting it passively - by default - in the DA character)

November 14, 2009 8:13:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That was my first time playing DA. he was fun though. I'm sure people will enjoy him.

Its funny that Akil switched to Frog's POV just in time to see his kamikaze assault on that tower

On another note, I think a few of the people in this thread are need to excercise some self-restraint or at the very least, some patience. This rudeness that I see toward Brad on his forums is uncalled for and rather sickening.

As a fan of this game, I'm very appreciative of the simple fact that there's any further work being made on demigod at all and that we'll be receiving this content for free.

Please, if you have a serious concern regarding Stardock, its products or the way it conducts its business, you should by all means feel free to address that, but what exactly is so difficult about addressing it like an adult rather than a pissy little spoiled child? I guess it is easier to troll, and the act may satisfy your ego in some sick sense, but I hope you really don't believe that you're going to be taken seriously.

November 14, 2009 8:55:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone noticed that during the first part of the clip, the Demon's Assassin's ability icons are those of Lord Erebus's. Replay bug?

The Demon Assassin always reminds me of the Frilled Neck Lizard for obvious reasons.

November 14, 2009 10:13:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"As a fan of this game, I'm very appreciative of the simple fact that there's any further work being made on demigod at all and that we'll be receiving this content for free."

U just made my day.

I should apriciate that you guys have resolved bugs that cause this game unable to be enjoyable/playable. Seriusly u should think before you write. everyone here would say stuff new demigods, instead of fix desync, conectivity, ranking, pantheon (AI in games). U should be gratefull that we still staying here and wait for last 6months+. I bet you would work your ass of if this game would be pay to play. we would get new demigod every 2 weeks and new map every month.

I would like to ask my question again when would be 1.2 be released? next week, next month or next year?

Zehdon i hope they paying you to sit on this forum and put down everyone who says something stardock might not like. Im simply want to know when 1.2 containing important/critical fixes will be released so i can play demigod the way its ment to be played.

I dont want exact date and hour (that would be nice) but at least estimate - if the patch is almost complete it shouldnt be such a problem should it?

November 14, 2009 10:54:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
fix desync, conectivity, ranking, pantheon (AI in games)

Desync is being further adressed in v1.2, its been said that if you have further connectivity problems it's most likely your computer or another player's that's causing lag, and AI have already been taken out of Pantheon.

I bet you would work your ass of if this game would be pay to play. we would get new demigod every 2 weeks and new map every month.

Well duh, if Demigod was pay to play we'd be directly paying for new content and money wouldn't be a problem for SD/GPG.

I would like to ask my question again when would be 1.2 be released? next week, next month or next year?

You've already gotten the best answer you're probably going to get. Not this week, which probably means soon. Or when it's done. We've already seen how people react when a release date that may happen is given but not met.

November 14, 2009 11:50:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"You've already gotten the best answer you're probably going to get. Not this week, which probably means soon. Or when it's done"

You call 'that' an answer? rotfl

"We've already seen how people react when a release date that may happen is given but not met."

You work for stardock. If not my question is not addressed to you so why u bother replay with pointless 'answer', which brings completly nothing into discussion?

Coz if dont and by having 5 games played in total since stats release, u are seriusly in no position to speak. I mean how can you understand conectivity issues and random freeezez or desync if it didnt happend to you because you are not playing the game???

November 14, 2009 11:59:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
You call 'that' an answer? rotfl

That is the answer FB had given when previously asked the same question, so yes, it is an answer. And most likely, the only one you're going to get. Don't attack the messenger.

You work for stardock. If not my question is not addressed to you so why u bother replay with pointless 'answer', which brings completly nothing into discussion?

Not bringing anything new to the discussion? I gave you a response, whether you choose to accept it or not.

Coz if dont and by having 5 games played in total since stats release, u are seriusly in no position to speak. I mean how can you understand conectivity issues and random freeezez or desync if it didnt happend to you because you are not playing the game???

Try actually checking my game list. I've played over 80 games. So yes, I'm in a perfect position to speak, since everything you're complaining about has already happened to me.

November 15, 2009 12:03:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"5 games played in total since stats release"

learn to read, its about understanding what those letters put together mean not just lookin at them...

So does that anserw satisfy anyone? I would except better from a serius company like stardock. Oh besideds i went thru this post before and all reaplays, so no need to quote them to me.

November 15, 2009 12:05:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

id forgive the devs if they delayed 1 or 2 things (Patches, content, etc). But its happened basically on all occasions and WITHOUT word of what is going on. im too kind and still forgiving them, only coz i like the game so much.

The worst thing about delays is when there is no explanation as to what is happenin. im sure the devs are all busy but a thread does not take long to create just to notify everyone. Im sure that then we wouldnt get so many raging posts to find this information out.

its been now a couple of weeks since frogboy said theyd dish out the characters to rdy to play users (yet ive heard nothing on this procedure so i dunno if thats actually happening right now).

We’ve got the build staged and we’ve been playing it like madmen. But we’re not quite ready to send this out into the wild, especially on a Thursday with the weekend coming up.

if its not thursday, coz its too late in the week will it be monday? i heard from another stardock member that thrusday wouldve been a bad idea coz if there were any issues friday wouldve been the only other day to work on em until the monday.

im just hoping that it doesnt go beyond another 2 weeks till we get the new demis or the patch 1.2, if it does, i have no idea what is going on behind scenes....

November 15, 2009 12:12:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
"5 games played in total since stats release"

learn to read, its about understanding what those letters put together mean not just lookin at them...

Stats were released on the same date as the game was, April 14. I have played over 80 games since then. That is what your words mean "put together." Now if you had said since the stat reset, then yes, you would be correct in that I have only played around 5 games since then(although saying so would still be pointless).

Learn basic English.

November 15, 2009 12:22:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sry "since last stats release" thats better? did it confuse you?

I got almost 800 games since april 14 and another 600 or so on gameranger, so yeah..

'The worst thing about delays is when there is no explanation as to what is happenin. im sure the devs are all busy but a thread does not take long to create just to notify everyone. Im sure that then we wouldnt get so many raging posts to find this information out.'

i agree 100% i just want a simple anserw is it too much to ask?

November 15, 2009 12:26:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

me thinks we'll see the new version on Thursday this week.  Sorian made another update on his blog covering some of the things he was asked to change last week for SD.  Anyway, I'm hopefully we'll get it then.  If I understand it right, when 1.2 goes live, we'll all have access to play AGAINST the new demigods, but won't be able to use them until the DLC goes live... I might be wrong about that, but we'll see.  I'm hopeful that QA goes well.  On the bright side, every time SD keeps requesting changes to the build, I'm pretty sure Sorian finds more and more things to tweak and fix.  I know he'd rather be tinkering and coding SC2, but he's a pretty sharp guy... the more he gets to work with Demigod, the better the game is going to be.  Keep in mind that fire tb would almost surely not have an autoattack that he can move with in 1.2 without Sorian getting some more time to work on DG.  If I'm reading things right, of course. 

I'm disappointed, the same as everyone, at having to wait a little longer to get 1.2 and the demigods.  But I'd be much more disappointed to see 1.2 go live and introduce another huge bug or issue.  If they want to spend more time with QA, then you certainly have my support.  I'd, of course, rather be helping you by play testing a beta and providing you with my free QA support though.   

November 15, 2009 12:32:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
sry "since last stats release" thats better? did it confuse you?

No, I actually got your real meaning the first time. I just chose to ignore it to achieve this end result, since either interpretation still leaves that part of your post pointless.

I got almost 800 games since april 14 and another 600 or so on gameranger, so yeah..

Point being?

i agree 100% i just want a simple anserw is it too much to ask?

I repeated the answer that FB gave when previously asked the same question, stating that it's probably the closest thing you're going to get to a definite answer. Then you decided to be an ass about it and this is the end result.

November 15, 2009 1:09:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My point is spent some time playing game so u would know what you talking about. simple as that

as i said before if you dont work for stardock or gpg whats the point of you anserwing my question with frogboy replay i already know, since you dont have any clue when would 1.2 be released so just stfu and let someone with little more knowledge answer.

November 15, 2009 1:22:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting irek1988,
My point is spent some time playing game so u would know what you talking about. simple as tha

I have spent time playing the game, we both have. You don't have a point.

as i said before if you dont work for stardock or gpg whats the point of you anserwing my question with frogboy replay i already know, since you dont have any clue when would 1.2 be released so just stfu and let someone with little more knowledge answer.

For the umpteenth time, Frogboy's exact words:

Q: So when will Demigod v1.2 come out?

A: Quick answer: When it’s done.  Longer answer – we are still pursuing the strategy of releasing updates for it in pieces rather than one huge update.

There's your question, there's your answer. When they're ready to tell us, I'm sure there will be a post about it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.