The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

Locked Post 280 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 16, 2009 11:35:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makito1,

give the game time you cannot expect it to get better in a year or 2 example's of great game's over time would be classic's such as diablo 2 and starcraft they took time and patch after patch to get to a balanced and enjoyable state

this game is still pretty new and if you're not happy with the way things are being done then there's a simple answer Play different game's for awhile unti'll thing's do get fixed to an enjoyable level for you to be happy with there's plenty of time for demigod to rise to greatness and believe me it's well on it's way

Well StarCraft (my all-time favorite game btw ) was updated constantly and pretty much immediately and not delayed forever plus its still being updated. As for D2 its just botting and trading runes now.

And in its current state, I don't think Demigod will last much longer not completely because of the updating but more so because of its release conditions. Which is an absolute shame because it could have done much better.

November 16, 2009 12:25:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Jumped on this over the weekend.   Only got in a few offline games before the weekend ended, but so far so good.  Looks like it was a good time to buy the game with a nice content patch almost out.

Before buying I read all the low reviews that basically said great game, but online isn't working well.   Without a single player story they had nothing else to judge, so killed the scores.   User ratings of the game place it much higher than the professional reviewers and it looks like the netcode was fixed pretty quickly and continues to be a point of emphasis to improve on.

Seems like the only way to get back the 'Buzz' is to do one very good expansion, so they can clear the low score of the original Demigod game with a high score of an expansion.   Maybe the expansion can have a signle player story or a few stories to go through.   Really it is just to a get a fresh set of reviews out to the public to show them the net code is fixed and they can be confident in buying the game.

Starcraft has been discussed to death, but obviously was good from the start and got better balance as patches came out.   I believe they may have finally stopped doing balance patches a couple years ago.  They continue to do security, bug fixes, and performance patches.

Diablo II has changed radically from its launch.  The biggest change came in version 1.10 where skills were changed from independant skills to most having a relation with 1-3 skills to form synergies.   A blizzard (cold skill) sorceress now has to pump 3-4 other cold skills to max out the damage of her blizzard spell.   Prior to 1.10 the game was still good, but not timeless.   1.10 completed the game.

With that i look forward to Demigod 1.2 and the modding capabilities.   I play a lot of the time offline, so if a DOW I caliber skirmish AI is made for Demigod that would be perfect for me.

November 16, 2009 12:47:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Peppe,
Seems like the only way to get back the 'Buzz' is to do one very good expansion, so they can clear the low score of the original Demigod game with a high score of an expansion.   Maybe the expansion can have a signle player story or a few stories to go through.   Really it is just to a get a fresh set of reviews out to the public to show them the net code is fixed and they can be confident in buying the game....

With that i look forward to Demigod 1.2 and the modding capabilities.   I play a lot of the time offline, so if a DOW I caliber skirmish AI is made for Demigod that would be perfect for me.

Sums up my wishlist perfectly.  I would really like to see an expansion that adds new demigods and maps.  Also, I hope that the modding support results in some quality mods. I like single-player games, so anything that improves the offline modes (esp. AI) would be great.

November 16, 2009 3:21:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sums up my wishlist perfectly. I would really like to see an expansion that adds new demigods and maps. Also, I hope that the modding support results in some quality mods. I like single-player games, so anything that improves the offline modes (esp. AI) would be great.

/signed

(12 demigods is a must now; 3+3 vs 3+3 !,  & it would be great to get with expansion!!)

November 20, 2009 8:16:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

However i was happy to see a new DGs       

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: