The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: v1.20 Partial Change Log

By on November 11, 2009 10:31:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod v1.2 has passed what we call our tech QA and is now in consumer QA (i.e. compatibility and such).

Here’s a partial list of what’s in this build:

Notable Bug Fixes:

· Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.

Citadel Upgrades

• Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Item Changes:

• Samm-El’s Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
  • Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
  • Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
  • Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
  • Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

New favor items:

Spirit of the Fallen: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

1000 Health

8 Health Per Second

Haste Anklet: Assassin only

5000 Favor Points

17% Increased Movement Speed

Pendant of Prescience: Generals only

5000 Favor Points

15% Dodge

20% Minion Dodge

Tome of Champions: Generals Only

5000 Favor Points

800 Health

5 Health Per Second

150 Minion Health

Items:

• Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
  • Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
  • Combat Health and Mana Potions unchanged – we were afraid to tweak this one
  • Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500
  • Theurgist’s Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
  • Hungarling’s Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
  • Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
  • Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
  • Gauntlet’s of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
  • Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
  • Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
  • Warlord’s Punisher: Unchanged
  • Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
  • Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000

Game Mechanics:

• Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%

Queen of Thorns:

• Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
  • Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler’s boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.
UPDATE:

·         Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.

I’ll have a more complete list shortly.

Commenting is enabled to allow people to complain about the balancing since you can blame me for it. I read through the comments and various threads and compiled a list of requested changes along with my own experiences from playing.  So you can see a lot of things have been made less expensive. The new favor items are largely just “upgrades” (requiring a lot more favor points) to the existing ones. I tried to request items that could be realistically added.  So in other words, don’t flame GPG. Flame Brad (me).

The modding is going to become a big deal I believe as I am hoping we will be able to have our own mods that players will be able to distribute here on the game site or that we’ll eventually bundle with the game if they’re popular enough.

+897 Karma | 280 Replies
November 13, 2009 1:33:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Morpheus: Give it up. Or leave.

I've reminded the moderators to start turning off the posting privileges of chronic sad sacks.  I'm tired of coming onto the forums and reading bitching and moaning about non-game related (or only game related in the most slight way). There are entire third party sites dedicated to letting toxic users whine about this or that. It won't be here.

Consider this your only warning (and anyone else reading this). If you guys can't act like adults, you will lose your access to post here.

A warning is nice. And thank you for the civility.

I give up. wont whine again.

November 13, 2009 1:40:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyway, I'd really like to see more people talk about in which situations they find items other than BotF viable and how those situations would be affected by SotF and its General counterpart.

November 13, 2009 1:48:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is there someplace where all these items and their stats are listed?

November 13, 2009 2:18:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TwinSnakes,
Is there someplace where all these items and their stats are listed?

Look here (http://demigod.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_items#Favor).  Following up on obscenitor's suggestion, I mostly use QoT and Erebus, and I find the following favor items useful:

1. Erebus: Blood of the Fallen (yep, that's all I use with my Erebus assassin build).

2. QoT: I experiment a bit more with this demigod.  

--Amulet of Teleportation: Good on big maps like Leviathan, Mandala, etc.  Frees up an inventory

slot that would otherwise go to teleportation scrolls.  (Wouldn't mind seeing the cooldown time

reduced a bit.)

--Cloak of Night: Will save your life better than anything else.

--Cape of Plentiful Mana: seems to be most effective later in the game when you have more base

mana (but probably need it less).

--Staff of the Warmage: nice early-game mana item (I am glad to see it get a slight buff).

--Swift Anklet: I only get this if I plan to combine it with Boots of Speed.  However, QoT tends to

need more mana than speed.

EDIT: Since Erebus and QoT are generals, Spirit of the Fallen would not be availabe to them, so its not an issue for my gameplay (except for the fact that other players would be able to use it against me!).  Tome of Champions would definitely become one of my favorite items for QoT and Erebus (although I do not usually do all-out minion builds with either of them).

November 13, 2009 3:10:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,

Quoting TwinSnakes, reply 228Is there someplace where all these items and their stats are listed?

Look here (http://demigod.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_items#Favor).  Following up on obscenitor's suggestion, I mostly use QoT and Erebus, and I find the following favor items useful:

1. Erebus: Blood of the Fallen (yep, that's all I use with my Erebus assassin build).

2. QoT: I experiment a bit more with this demigod.  

--Amulet of Teleportation: Good on big maps like Leviathan, Mandala, etc.  Frees up an inventory

slot that would otherwise go to teleportation scrolls.  (Wouldn't mind seeing the cooldown time

reduced a bit.)

--Cloak of Night: Will save your life better than anything else.

--Cape of Plentiful Mana: seems to be most effective later in the game when you have more base

mana (but probably need it less).

--Staff of the Warmage: nice early-game mana item (I am glad to see it get a slight buff).

--Swift Anklet: I only get this if I plan to combine it with Boots of Speed.  However, QoT tends to

need more mana than speed.

EDIT: Since Erebus and QoT are generals, Spirit of the Fallen would not be availabe to them, so its not an issue for my gameplay (except for the fact that other players would be able to use it against me!).  Tome of Champions would definitely become one of my favorite items for QoT and Erebus (although I do not usually do all-out minion builds with either of them).

Stay in closed form and try BoTF with qot, I am currently using it and enjoy it  very much.

November 13, 2009 4:00:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting heavenlysynn,
Stay in closed form and try BoTF with qot, I am currently using it and enjoy it  very much.

Okay, cool! Will try it!  (+1 Karma)

November 13, 2009 4:11:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're on Leviathan try closed from and the Cape of Plentiful Mana though, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just make sure you get a vlemish, not a plenor.

November 13, 2009 4:33:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, thanks for that, obscenitor.  (Glad to see this thread getting back on topic.)

November 13, 2009 4:40:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting obscenitor,
If you're on Leviathan try closed from and the Cape of Plentiful Mana though, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Just make sure you get a vlemish, not a plenor.
I get both, vlehs first tho.

November 13, 2009 4:52:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you get both then I probably wouldn't bother with the cape then. The advantage of the item is lost when it doesn't free you from stacking mana items.

November 13, 2009 5:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I started playin Oak with BotF just for safety, and after I got better I switched to Cloak of night. 800hp less, but more mana and a nice wrap (very usefull). Now with new SotF, I don't know if I will be able to handle a SotF (+ banded armor from he start and most likely a monk) UB if I choose cloak of night. it seriously limits to choice of favor.

November 13, 2009 5:32:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Vlehs, plenor, and unbreakable everything else just depends on how I am feeling, BoTF for a little hp, the idea is not to run out of mana. By lvl 10 - 14 if I am playing seriously than I taking flags and holding other dg for as long as I can while telling teammates to push somewhere else. Before level 10 I usually stick with what I call the meat shield demigod constantly shielding them and supporting them.

November 14, 2009 7:52:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 points I want to make.

The first one about the new favor items: I'd rather have no patch at all than a patch with those overpowered things. please, please, please. leave them out. I dont want to offend you but this will really harm the game.

secondly: the idea of letting queen heal towers. That isnt a useful ability in my opinion. What queen needs is not some ability that helps her towers but an ability that helps her. With erebus level 10 minion build I can take your towers down in seconds. What does it matter if you heal them then? for that matter I dont think towers scale along well enough in late game. but about queen: Just raise her dps and her shamblers dps so that she can actaully hold a lane and be dangerous instead of being pushed of by anyone over level 10 and probably earlier.

November 14, 2009 8:00:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

abolutly agree with wimm, although i think the dps of queen needs only a bit more dps, but her shambler need significant more hp. the shamlers have a bit less hp than a nightcrawler, and ereb has up to 10 of them, spawing wihtout mana costs. shamblers are far to low on hp and cost far too much mana to summon.

November 14, 2009 10:22:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
abolutly agree with wimm, although i think the dps of queen needs only a bit more dps, but her shambler need significant more hp. the shamlers have a bit less hp than a nightcrawler, and ereb has up to 10 of them, spawing wihtout mana costs. shamblers are far to low on hp and cost far too much mana to summon.

I agree too about increasing QoT's dps.

About her shamblers faster attack speeds would be nice. Right now they attack 0.5 times per second i think. = 1 attack per 2 seconds. Correct me if i am wrong. I think 1 attack per second would be ok for them.

November 14, 2009 12:21:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Wimmetje,
2 points I want to make.

The first one about the new favor items: I'd rather have no patch at all than a patch with those overpowered things. please, please, please. leave them out. I dont want to offend you but this will really harm the game.

secondly: the idea of letting queen heal towers. That isnt a useful ability in my opinion. What queen needs is not some ability that helps her towers but an ability that helps her. With erebus level 10 minion build I can take your towers down in seconds. What does it matter if you heal them then? for that matter I dont think towers scale along well enough in late game. but about queen: Just raise her dps and her shamblers dps so that she can actaully hold a lane and be dangerous instead of being pushed of by anyone over level 10 and probably earlier.

I'll keep saying this over and over and over until so Stardock hopefully doesn't feel bad. You are overreacting about these favor items. It does not destroy the games balance, it does not ruin the game, it is not game breaking. Its just different, and that makes people scared.

November 14, 2009 12:58:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll keep saying this over and over and over until so Stardock hopefully doesn't feel bad. You are overreacting about these favor items. It does not destroy the games balance, it does not ruin the game, it is not game breaking. Its just different, and that makes people scared.

Yes it is ruining the balance. SotF renders all other favor items useless for assasins.

Also when i play a general, Why an annoyingly strong beast should have +1000 hp from start when i can only have +800? And with beast most times the key is to hp stack. So: SotF +1000 hp, hp flag +15%, banded armor +400 hp, that is a lot. nobody can beat a good beast now.

Because this 1000 hp is not just +200 hp more than blood of the fallen. Along with the hp flag + sigil this 200 hp becomes double this amount almost 400 hp.

All in all it just makes the already OP unclean beast even more OP.

Remove the new favor items.

November 14, 2009 12:59:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

edit: @polynomial

you can keep telling this over and over again and we still won't agree with you. it makes the current situation even worse thus we don't want this items.

November 14, 2009 1:21:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are overreacting about these favor items. It does not destroy the games balance, it does not ruin the game, it is not game breaking. Its just different, and that makes people scared.

I respectfully disagree.

Altough the difference from BotF to SotF is just +200 health and +3 health per second, the advantage of this small improvement is not slight in a match. Same with the new Haste Anklet.

Just think of 2 Demigods with the same base speed (and no Boots of Swiftness), one with the Swift Anklet (+15% speed), the other one with the new Haste Anklet (+17% speed): The one with the new favor item will always be able to retreat safely if he seems to lose the battle, the other one will not be able to retreat without getting hit all the way home. 2% speed difference seems unimportant, but in some situations it's of decisive importance!

Since the new health stacking favor item is Assassin only, this will unbalance the game even further. Balance is not as important for casual players, but for competitive players like me this would mean frustrating matches in which the outcome is more determined by which Demigod you choose than by what your actual skill is.

That's one of the reasons why I stopped playing, but I kept hoping that I could return after the new patch would improve the balance. Silly me. It now seems that they will actually nerf QoT (and Sedna) because all other Demigods will have much more advantage from these new favor items.

November 14, 2009 1:49:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,
edit: @polynomial

you can keep telling this over and over again and we still won't agree with you. it makes the current situation even worse thus we don't want this items.

Elaborate on the current situation that would be made worse.

And I've said the only forseeable problem is the fact the item is assassin only, so I agree with CosMoe. And again, I'm sure that is because they ran out of UI room on the generic favor tab.

Most maps are not large enough to provide chases where 2% is going to make a drastic difference.

Everyone thought Demon Assassin was going to be super overpowered, but given what I know of his numbers, he looks to be somewhat weak. My suggestion is to stop whining, let the items go in, and if they ruin the game like everyone is claiming, then Stardock will take them out I'm sure. I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if it destroys the game.

November 14, 2009 3:51:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Poly you're ignoring the crux of the issue. The fact is when you pick a non-BotF favor item currently you are taking a sizeable risk. That risk just got greater, and the majority of players, including expert players, already pick BotF.

Honestly it just seems here like you and Stardock have completely misinterpreted the current issue with favor items, which is:

Currently there is very little variety in players' favor item selection

The only way that this change makes sense is if you view the problem as one of two things:

Too many players pick BotF

Players have too many favor points

Does this fix too many people picking BotF? Yes, obviously. Do the new favor items also cost 5k favor points? Sure. Is that completely missing the point? Absolutely.

November 14, 2009 3:58:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obscenitor, on the contrary I completely agree with you.

What I've been saying is if these are going in that's fine, I would prefer a better variety, but these items change very little and are being overexagerrated. I am the one that started the original thread on these being a bad idea =P

November 14, 2009 4:18:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but these items change very little and are being overexagerrated
200 HP and 3 HP/second doesn't seem like a huge change on the surface, but I think it's one of the subtle changes that will have a major ripple effect. I just think you and I disagree on the benefits offered by the other favor items and the narrowness of the margin by which they are viable against BotF.

Even if you feel people are exaggerating or misperceiving the magnitude of the change, I don't understand the drive to reel people back in when ultimately you want the same thing as them anyway.

November 14, 2009 4:25:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
And again, I'm sure that is because they ran out of UI room on the generic favor tab.

if this is true it would be the most stupid reason i ever heared of. they should fall ashamed onto the ground for be too lazy making the ui room bigger.

anyway, the problem is NOT that it is assasins only. and although it is not FULLY GAME BREAKING what as far as i know NO ONE has ever claimed, it is a DAMN STUPID STEP in the TOTALLY WRONG DIRECTION.

it shows perfectly how ignorant they are, ignorant on the forums and on the game itself. considering how damn long we are waiting for such a major patch it is like a BIG facepalm to the community that only the hardest fanboys will survive.

November 14, 2009 4:28:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think you're right obscenitor. I never saw Blood of the Fallen as the go to favor item in all matchups on all maps.. You make some valid points

And yes, CelMare, unless Frogboy comes out and proves me otherwise, given how much emphasis is put on UI modification being expensive I truly believe that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.