The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

"Theoretic" Hybrid Build for Oak

By on November 2, 2009 10:36:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lately I've been playing a lot with Oak to get better with him. First I only played assasin oak, which I liked, lately I have been trying out a general build instead which I have become quite fond of. My idea is to, somewhat, mix assasin and general builds.

I haven't seen any other builds like this in the strategy section, if there are please link

I could add that I am not posting this build to show how awesome it is; I am posting it so I can get feedback. So if you have opinions/critique I'd be glad if you'd post it here

Here's the build:

1. Shield I

2. Ward I

3. Divine Justice

4. Ward II

5. Surge of Fath I

6. Penitence I (or Soul Power)

7. Ward III

8. Soul Power (or Penitence I)

9. Save

10. Ward IV + Surge of Faith II

11. Shield II (if it is needed this might be learned earlier, depends on the game)

12. Pen II

13. Soul Power II

14. Soul Power III

15. Surge of Faith III

(After 15 the game has usually ended but if it should continue; Divine Justice/Shield/Morale)

Item:

The favour should be BotF. You buy monks first, then scaled, siege minions, unbreakable. After that try to get Plenor + Vlemish and more HP items. The glove that gives minions more dmg might be usefull aswell.

What do you think?

+10 Karma | 16 Replies
November 2, 2009 10:49:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no.nice try though.

Just drop shield imho, its not that great as people say it is, sure its awesome to be invincible, but its only for a couple fo second and its cooldown is immense(compared to other general support skills).

Also divine justice isnt that good at low levels, bump it up. Higher levels of soulpower only add 20 weapon damage-> useless. You dont have enough mana for surge at level 5, push it up.

Now you have my build.

November 2, 2009 11:29:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Just drop shield imho, its not that great as people say it is, sure its awesome to be invincible, but its only for a couple fo second and its cooldown is immense(compared to other general support skills).

Hmmm, shield "isn't that great" ummm, level 3 shield guarentees living no matter what as long as you have a teleport that costs 250...

Maybe it is just me, but i think that is pretty good, whatever oak build i do, ALWAYS has shield 3, if i am doing a minion build, one level of penitence, one DJ, one soul power, if i am doing assassin, max penitence and DJ, every build also maxes SoF...

I like the build, but as stated above, you shouldn't get soul power II or III it just isn't worth it, instead, i suggest you get up to shield III, shield IV is a waste of mana for only 600 health, and 6 seconds gets you out of anything, so it is good as is...

Otherwise, great job! I will try it with a few minor tweaks myself!

DaBRUM

November 2, 2009 11:34:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I meant shield I. I forgot to mention that shield III is pretty good BUT, the same applies: it costs a lot of skillpoint and the real use is either to extend your life or safe you with a shieldport. Sure it makes you very hard to kill, but its such a onetrick pony± you can use it to get out of there, but thats it.

I see a lot of oaks do this strat and quite frankly every one of them I´ve managed to beat quite handily.

November 2, 2009 11:48:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
no.nice try though.

I'm not that into shield either but it can save your life. Also it is good to be able to shield and then tp away if you have just captured a portal or something like that.

Quoting DaBRUM,

I like the build, but as stated above, you shouldn't get soul power II or III it just isn't worth it, instead, i suggest you get up to shield III, shield IV is a waste of mana for only 600 health, and 6 seconds gets you out of anything, so it is good as is...

Otherwise, great job! I will try it with a few minor tweaks myself!

DaBRUM

Good tip, will try the build without Soul Power II. 80+ dmg might be enough.

November 2, 2009 1:51:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sheild is by far the most usefull skill oak has, its most OP use is the ability to use it on allies which can save a lot of deaths and can win a lot of combat situations.

November 2, 2009 1:59:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
I meant shield I. I forgot to mention that shield III is pretty good BUT, the same applies: it costs a lot of skillpoint and the real use is either to extend your life or safe you with a shieldport. Sure it makes you very hard to kill, but its such a onetrick pony± you can use it to get out of there, but thats it

I'd say being unkillable is a pretty useful trick.

E.g. it lets you go for opponents' portals on cataract without having taken down their towers, lets you pursue a kill that would otherwise would result in your own death.  Or recapping enemies' portal: tp in, shield, lock, trigger surge of faith+wand of speed and run.  Most of the time you'll survive, esp. if their portal towers are down.

November 2, 2009 2:00:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Hero. 

Well I played against you with mirror oak teams, and well I think those games speak for themselves. Your shields really helped your team but in the end the pure damage of pentspirit ensured I always got lane control. The damage of spirit + pent combined is just too much to skip.

November 2, 2009 4:59:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this looks like a minion build imo not a hybrid.

November 2, 2009 9:54:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with Cowbutt. What does your minion build do differently?

I think a hybrid would have to be something like Penitence/Ward/Shield or something.  Maybe Penitence/Ward/Surge.  Anyhow,  I think it doesn't really get to be a hybrid unless it uses Penitence.

November 3, 2009 4:20:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My build uses Penitence. I get it at lvl 6.

Played some more today and edited it a bit:

1. Shield I

2. Ward I

3. Divine Justice

4. Ward II

5. Surge of Fath I

6. Penitence I

7. Ward III

8. Soul Power

9. Penitence II

10. Surge of Faith II

11. Ward IV

12. Shield II or Penitence III

13. Shield II or Penitence III

14. Penitence IV

15. Surge of Faith III

16. Soul Frenzy

My question now is what you think about Soul Frenzy, is it worth learning?

November 4, 2009 12:45:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After level 8 or so an Assassin oak should easily grind up a spirit oak who doesn't max out shield, no idea how the spirit oak would fight back, honestly. Just grab an early Nature's Reckoning and the spirits heal for more than they harm, unless it's a pure minion build with full morale.

November 4, 2009 10:36:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Obs, based on my experience, i would say levels 4-5 an assasin oak will overtake a spirit oak. 

Esuzu, check out my posts here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/366608

and here

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/367470

and to see how much dmg spirits do, look here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/367086

November 4, 2009 7:36:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is similar to my build, but i never used SP II, and usually try to get first on lvl2 (when lvl1 is wardI), or lvl 3 (if shield 1 on first lvl), then i always take DJ on lvl6 (ie. after SoF)- thats when its most usefull. I also try to ignore shield as much as i can(more fond of smth that lifekatana had said) but i adopt (with all skills - its is never totaly the same build order). And i often take Soul frenzy before SoF 3, but i'm not sure if its more beneficial, but i somehow think it is.

And also i'm trying to have Pen 2 before lvl 10, thats my goal.

November 4, 2009 7:54:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
this looks like a minion build imo not a hybrid.

minion build is morale, hybrid mixes bread and butter skills with minions

Obs, based on my experience, i would say levels 4-5 an assasin oak will overtake a spirit oak.

In a 1v1 or a team game?  That hasn't been my experience, but I don't play many people who use NR

November 5, 2009 9:28:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,

In a 1v1 or a team game?  That hasn't been my experience, but I don't play many people who use NR

In my experience this build seems to beat the most other Oak builds I've met. They could have just been bad Oak players though.

November 8, 2009 3:49:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It has been proven time and time again with very skilled players that a minion oak will never be able to hold his own with a none minion oak.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.