The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Two other classics that would be fun to play an updated version of....

p.s. I can't count

By on November 1, 2009 9:29:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Syndicate.  This was a very fun game to play in its time.

2. Powermonger. It took me a bit to get into this game when I first got it years and years ago...  but I really enjoyed it.

3. Dungeon Keeper -->

Would be nice.  I was not happy with Majesty2 however - and I really loved the first game.  Then again - I would be looking for a spiritual successor rather than a sequal to these games.

+10 Karma | 26 Replies
November 1, 2009 11:53:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, noob alert. a new syndicate has been in production for quite a while now

November 2, 2009 5:41:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Overlord games are "kinda" like Dungeon Keeper. I miss the true Dungeon Keeper games though. There's still nothing quite like watching your minions tear apart a couple of do gooder heroes....mwhahaha.

November 2, 2009 2:06:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, Overlord was ok...    it did not really stand out for me though.

Good to know there is a Syndicate game coming out.  I see it listed as "In development" and "20XX" though.
I'll keep my "noob" eyes out for it.

November 3, 2009 10:01:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

May I add Battle Isle

November 3, 2009 10:22:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another Dungeon Keeper game would indeed be nice. 

EDIT: Also a Freelancer 2 would be great.

November 3, 2009 10:31:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

IIRC some asian dev team got the rights for Dungeon Keeper and is planing to make an online version for the asian market.

November 3, 2009 6:48:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there's only one remake im dying for, and that's tie fighter.

November 3, 2009 6:57:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got my vote for x-wing vs tie fighter.Think they tried with x-wing alliance but failed.

You get Karma for going Old School!

November 6, 2009 1:01:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Final Fantasy VII?

Oh and thats three classics you noted ^^

November 6, 2009 1:21:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Those of you asking for a dungeon keeper remake... Did you try Evil Genius?  I know it wasn't perfect but it had similar game mechanics.  circa 2004

November 6, 2009 1:49:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dungeon Keeper awesomeness

Lands of Lore   /  Dungeon Master

Syndicate plus

X-Com games   /  Laser Squad

Scorched earth   /   WORMS! and not the 3-D versions

There was also a not too wel known game called Diggles, which i thought was very entertaining, but even on my system now, it runs like garbage i wish that game could have been cleaned up

even if these games were simply re-releleased with a current day windows worry free compatibility and the graphics unchanged they would still be awesome. dungeon keeper should be compatable already, i should dig up the cd lol

November 6, 2009 1:50:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Orcasms,
 Got my vote for x-wing vs tie fighter.Think they tried with x-wing alliance but failed.

You get Karma for going Old School!

Descent freespace and freespace 2 were amaizing games similar to X-Wing games

November 6, 2009 4:05:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Microsoft's Allegiance was better than x-wing vs tie fighter.  It is freeware now that Microsoft released the code.  Kinda old and I have no idea if people are still playing but it was a great game for its day.

November 7, 2009 12:53:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting klaxton499,
Microsoft's Allegiance was better than x-wing vs tie fighter.  It is freeware now that Microsoft released the code.  Kinda old and I have no idea if people are still playing but it was a great game for its day.

i played that and i loved it, i have some issues with it not working now, dont remember what it was. i think that one would be a cool game to update

November 7, 2009 3:23:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Syndicate was awesome. It's great to know it's being worked on again...

I agree that X-Com should be updated. Also, I would like to see SimCity 5!

November 7, 2009 7:22:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sim City (Societies sucks big time).

Escape Velocity

Star Control

UFO: Alien Invasion is an excellent X-com open-source port.

November 9, 2009 4:41:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

"Sim City (Societies sucks big time)."

You have to wonder why developers think that dumbing down a game to the point you would have to have a section of your brain removed to find challenging is the way to win over the fan-base of game who's first version most fans found quite manageable before they even hit puberty. 

I guess they thought they would make it into a new 'sims' so screw the fan-base, but they just succeeded in selling none at all. 

November 11, 2009 9:29:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Final Fantasy VII?

Yes Please!

November 11, 2009 10:41:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Syndicate

Mike

November 11, 2009 11:10:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ahh you love Bullfrog games as do I

Shame Peter Molyneux's ideas have gone to shit these days, since Black and White anyway.

If they redone Dungeon Keeper they would have to make it like Majesty where you can't pick up your monsters.  Hero invasions just consisted of you clicking on your monsters icons to pick them all up then just drop them on the heroes heads, pointless and spoiled the premise of the game.  Don't get me wrong, wondeful game but could have been a lot better if they stuck more to the rules Majesty did.

Syndicate is long overdue a new version but what could they do with the new version?  Basically an RTS with 4 guys going to cut it these days?  What would be absolutely wondeful would be a Syndicate, with the first game's atmosphere but played in the stye of X-Com / Laser Squad.  I think I might actually give up all other games if that happened.

November 12, 2009 8:02:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Dash,

Final Fantasy VII?

Yes Please!

I think if they re-make a FF game they should re-do 3. The one that was on the Super Nintendo. That was the greatest FF of all time in my book.

November 12, 2009 10:32:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting the_hunger,
EDIT: Also a Freelancer 2 would be great.

I am so confused when I see so many new space sims that each bring something interesting to the table yet none of them can stand up to Freelancer at all.

What the hell, man.  That game rocked.

November 12, 2009 10:45:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MechAssualt. What? Or the old 2D games that ruled the world. I 2D bersion fo Mortal Kombat would be great.

November 12, 2009 11:20:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Startopia was good, btw. It'll only make you wish there were a newer game of the genre though, as it's pretty short.

Also did Square ever commit to a FFVII remake? Their ps3 tech demo got really positive feedback, but they hadn't said whether they would actually do anything further with it.

November 12, 2009 11:50:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_%28computer_game%29

that game needs a remake, it was super addicitve.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.