The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Are We Allowed To Sue Stardock?

By on October 29, 2009 7:34:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For never getting us that "Demigod Windows Theme" from the MyColours program?

Just teasing of course...would much rather they worked on other stuff but is it ever going to come?

+26 Karma | 16 Replies
October 29, 2009 7:38:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no Froggy said they hire lawyers for this kind of thing

October 29, 2009 7:51:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes young Padawan

One follow his heart desires, must.

October 30, 2009 1:37:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bwahahaha.  LOL.  Seriously. 

October 30, 2009 3:42:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, I never understood that...

Froggy said he thought it was "very slick." doesn't that mean it was done, or at least close?

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/332910

October 30, 2009 9:40:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They showed a preview of it in another dev journal if memory serves me correct.  I can't understand how something this small slips through the cracks.

October 30, 2009 8:12:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Perhaps it slipped through the cracks because it's small?

October 30, 2009 8:52:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol win

October 30, 2009 9:20:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ahiodsohi,

That occured to me ass I wrote it, but I did't have the patience to change it.

November 19, 2009 7:28:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone else get the My Colors theme? I just noticed it was available today under the "my software" tab

November 19, 2009 7:55:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea, I sent a note to say "Hurry it up!"

The QA line is very long.

Though, now I will miss the lawsuits. With a class-action lawsuit, I could have met a lot of new people and get out more.  Now I'll miss out.

November 19, 2009 8:15:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, it says "This program not compatible with your current operating system". Seriously? XP SP3 here. Every other one I've tried works fine and there is nothing in the info/requirements to say otherwise for this one.

November 19, 2009 10:33:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DethAdder,
Hmm, it says "This program not compatible with your current operating system". Seriously? XP SP3 here. Every other one I've tried works fine and there is nothing in the info/requirements to say otherwise for this one.

Hmm same here. It says not compatible and i have XP SP3 too.

Why? Does it need Vista or Win 7 ???

November 19, 2009 10:37:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about the people who paid $45 for the digital preorder but the game end up being only $40?  

November 19, 2009 11:58:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Of course you are allowed to sue for that.  Hell, there are so many issues with this game that you would unquestionably have a case.

Problem would be that you have to get it labeled as a class in order for any lawyer to take the case.  There's just no money in a single client.

Which is the only reason trash like this happens.  The law will change some day to accommodate software (eventually) and then people like GPG will lose their shirts.  Especially since GPG is such a small corp and it should be relatively simple to pierce the corporate veil and get at the homes and assets of the principles.

As people should fairly wish to do when they've been taken for a ride of the degree of Demigod.

November 24, 2009 9:43:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@DethAdder and Morpheas768

If you're still having this issue, please do the following within Impulse:

-Click the blue menu button in the upper left
-Choose 'Preferences...'
-Click the 'Reset Data' button
-Close impulse and relaunch it. You may notice a long update time, which is normal as it is rebuilding the deleted info.

Then try downloading and installing the theme again.  If you still have any problems, drop an email to [email protected] for further assistance.

November 24, 2009 10:53:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could you be running Impulse in some sort of compatabililty mode?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.