The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: Suffocater

By on October 28, 2009 11:14:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So as I responded to some other posts, I had a brilliant new Demigod idea. I am not dropping my 3 new Demigod ideas, just brainstorming a new concept. So, I think we could use a very annoying Demigod in game. What i mean is, this Dg would interupt cast times, and stop Hp regen. He could hop around the map and litterly Suffocate people. You could maybe even drain them of vital resources. It's an intresting concept, because who really trully does something like this? Although this guy's strenghts are actually in taking away the other DG's, i believe him to be a very original idea. Here is my "Professional" take on this.

Name: Suffocate

Description: A low Health Demigod, whos strenght lies in weakening enemies. He is capable of draining enimies unil they drop to the floor. Using mana drain, hp regen impairment and loads of disrupts, nobody could escape him. Some demigods could aurguably be immune to his strenghts, but not really. For instance, that damn sedna, no more hp regen for you! Or a qot who just keeps throwing up those sheilds? Just devour here mana! Or that Ninja Erebus...., drain his damn mana and interupt. Or even regulus? Interupt!!!!! He would be really fun to play as in my veiw, but please leave you critisism and thoughts or suggestions.

HP: 1350

MP:800

Armor:100

Move Speed: 8.2 (absurdly fast yes, but look at his defensive stats)

Attack Time:3.2 (kinda slow, but hes not really going to engage in melee persay)

Damage: 80-100 ( dont go melee with anyone with this guy)

Strenghts:  Counters strenghts, highly mobile

Weaknesses: Fragile, low Damage output

Abilities

Suffocate: 300/450/600 mana, 0 CT, 3 CD, 30 yard range, Deals 500 damage to target enemey over 5 seconds, and reduces HP/MP regen by 30% for 5 seconds. His initial damage skill, would be very vital in those long battles.

Masmiatic Bolt: 100 mana, long range, Stuns target enemy for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds, and Burns 100/350/600/800 mana, dealing extra damage over 10 seconds. 

Soul Siphon:  400/550/600 mana, 1.5 sec cast time, short range, Deals 50/100/150 damage per sec (channel skill), and reduces damage and attack speed by 5/10/15% per second.  You will be healed for 50/100/150 health per second and increases your damage and attack speed by 5/10/15% per second. This will be channeled for 5 seconds.

Parasectic Bond:  50/100/150/200 mana, instant cast time, melee range, You will infest yourself within target enemy, causing them to lose 600/800/950/1200 armor and move 25/30/45/60% slower. You will gain 50/100/150% hp and mp regen, and you target will lose up to 100 health per second.

Upgrade Skills

Chocking energies: Suffocate will now also reduce move speed of the target by 20% for 3 seconds.

Leeching Monstosity: Parasectic bond will now allow you to steal 20% of the targets hp regen and healing.

Mana Drainer: passive, gives your attacks a mana drain effect of 5/8 mp points for 10/20. This may be stacked up to 3/6 times.

Tumorus Disease: Whenever you are at either 30/45/60% hp or 15/30/45% mp points, enemies around you will lose 3/5% move speed and attack speed per second. This is in a low radius.

Story(Yes, exciting isn't it?)

Believe it or not, he had a name.We all did, every single one of us. It was a clue to as how we killed and our code of rules. He was the Suffocater, and I was the Silent. We had been taken from our very birth mothers, after the poor helpless women had been brutally slain. Then and so forth we began a rigorus training, preparing for a life of blood and lifelessness. We were all training to become some of the most deadly assains in the world. Each of us was trained diffrently, according to how we acted mentally and pyhsically. I knew one of them very well. He was called the Suffocater. He took his job far too seriously. He was cruel and vengeful. He killed without remorse.

He was one of the world's most sucsessful assassains ever. He was so efficient and deadly, even the police abondoned enforcing the law upon him. Most often he killed ruthless merchants and scum bags, but other times he killed complete inocents. Yes, he was a menace, but more like a virus. He could not be killed or dispatched, or even faltered. Ocasionally he would go dormant, while he practiced and spent his collected funds on more deadly equipment.

Soon, a plot formed. Most of his rival assassains were being suffocated in his amazing skills. They would soon be out of customers, and something had to be done very soon. They simply planned to take him down while he slept, with one of his own poisons. It would be simple enough, and it would be thought as suicide or an accident.

So, on a light night, the band of assassains set out on their fued with a deadly opponet. As they snuck into the premises of his home, an eerie feeling of abondon and suffocation began to settle on them. A dreary fog descended to cling to their helpless feet. They grew nervous, and stayed on alert. They ran through several long corridors, until they reached the end point of the mission, his bedroom.

The Sneak as he was called carefully picked the simple chain locked, and let the door creak open. There, the legendary dark figure slept, on blood red velvet sheets. He made no sounds, and did not toss or turn. He had learned to control his sleep a long time ago. Now, as they searched his desks for his most potent one, Slayer came upon it. It was a new breed of chemical, and single handedly produced by him, as he was a skilled alchemist. He clalled it "'Arsonic". They lightly dabbed the posion a clean white sheet of paper, and stood above him, and dropped it. It was said he never awoke from his sleep. Others say he did. Some even say that he had been giving himself small doses everyday to make himself immune. However, these thoeries may be good ideas, i know the truth. He had died, and he had awaken with an eternal vengance. This message goes to all those involved with his case; Watch your damned backs

+11 Karma | 12 Replies
October 28, 2009 11:22:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So basically he's useless.

October 28, 2009 11:37:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

800 hp and 30 armor???????

Jesus Christ! that means even if you stay away from everybody you can die with just 1 spit and 1 snipe from a regulus and a beast.

OMG

Like Janook said.....

Quoting Janook,
So basically he's useless.

October 29, 2009 4:10:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what about (changes in ur qoute below).....

HP: 1100

MP: 700

Armor: 160

Move Speed: 6.6 (absurdly fast yes, but look at his defensive stats)

Attack Time: 2 secs (kinda slow, but hes not really going to engage in melee persay)

Damage: 110-150 ( dont go melee with anyone with this guy)

Strenghts: Counters strenghts, highly mobile

Abilities

Suffocate:
0.3 secs
recharge: 16 secs

Target enemy recieves 350/450/650/750 dmg and reduces mana/hp regen by 50%/60%/70%/80% over 5 secs. Target recieves 20%/30%/40%/50% less benefit from healing during this time.

Soul Drain:
0.5 secs
Recharge: 18 secs

Stuns target for 1/1/2/2 secs.
Sacrifice 150/200/300/450 health, and you steal 400/550/700/850 mana from target.

now some additional ideas...

Siphon
1 sec
Recharge: 20 secs

Target foe deals 15%/20%/25%/30% less dmg and attacks 5%/7%/10%/15% slower for 10 secs.
You gain 15%/20%/25%/30% more dmg and attack 5%/7%/10%/15% faster for 10 secs.

Quick assault
0.1 sec
Recharge: 5 secs
mana cost: very low (for spammability at no great loss)

You deal 200/250/300/400 dmg to target. Target also loses 80/120/200/300 mana.

October 29, 2009 5:12:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

still useless. Regulus has 1400 hp from start (level 1) same damage but attack time ~1.5 seconds.

October 29, 2009 11:55:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm alright thanks for feedback. Yes now i do realize how under powered he is. Ill be sure to change him around and thanks grkit, ill be sure to incorperate your ideas. Ill have new abilities, and a story soon.

October 30, 2009 12:49:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh figures do need a bit of tweaking but concept could be good

October 30, 2009 10:15:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe it needs a story.  The suffocator seems to be like those reaper things or necro people in loincloth.

November 1, 2009 3:26:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So as I responded to some other posts, I had a brilliant new Demigod idea. I am not dropping my 3 new Demigod ideas, just brainstorming a new concept. So, I think we could use a very annoying Demigod in game. What i mean is, this Dg would interupt cast times, and stop Hp regen. He could hop around the map and litterly Suffocate people. You could maybe even drain them of vital resources. It's an intresting concept, because who really trully does something like this? Although this guy's strenghts are actually in taking away the other DG's, i believe him to be a very original idea. Here is my "Professional" take on this.

Name: Suffocate

Description: A low Health Demigod, whos strenght lies in weakening enemies. He is capable of draining enimies unil they drop to the floor. Using mana drain, hp regen impairment and loads of disrupts, nobody could escape him. Some demigods could aurguably be immune to his strenghts, but not really. For instance, that damn sedna, no more hp regen for you! Or a qot who just keeps throwing up those sheilds? Just devour here mana! Or that Ninja Erebus...., drain his damn mana and interupt. Or even regulus? Interupt!!!!! He would be really fun to play as in my veiw, but please leave you critisism and thoughts or suggestions.

HP: 800

MP:600

Armor:30

Move Speed: 7.2 (absurdly fast yes, but look at his defensive stats)

Attack Time:3.2 (kinda slow, but hes not really going to engage in melee persay)

Damage: 80-100 ( dont go melee with anyone with this guy)

Strenghts:  Counters strenghts, highly mobile

Abilities

Suffocate: 300 mana, 0 CT, 3 CD, 30 yard range, Deals 500 damage to target enemey over 5 seconds, and reduces HP/MP regen by 30% for 5 seconds. His initial damage skill, would be very vital in those long battles.

Masmiatic Bolt: 100 mana, long range, Stuns target enemy for .5/1/1.5 seconds, and Burns 100/350/600 mana, dealing

Soul Siphon:  400 mana, 1.5 sec cast time, short range, Deals 50/100/150 damage per sec (channel skill), and reduces damage and attack speed by 5/10/15% per second.  You will be healed for 50/100/150 health per second and increases your damage and attack speed by 5/10/15% per second. This will be channeled for 5 seconds.

I like the sound of this character if it was a minion that belong to a demigod that was mostly melee based. the minion could be completly independent sortof like Rook's towers and sholders. And it could move around within the demigod's line of sight. of corse the stats still need to be tweaked...again, loved the idea!

November 12, 2009 9:13:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol i reworked him a ton, and now hes got that wonderfull strory we have been all waiting for!

December 2, 2009 8:06:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Lol i reworked him a ton, and now hes got that wonderfull strory we have been all waiting for!

not to disappoint, but his story does fit the game's mythology too well...and I am not too sure if some of his abilities really fit him...sry, this needs work buddy!

December 2, 2009 9:36:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, this was abandoned long ago

December 5, 2009 2:29:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
lol, this was abandoned long ago

oh, well, it would be nice to tell the crazy person that the thread was dead, how am I supposed to know!? sheesh...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.