The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warpstone?

By on October 19, 2009 12:24:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright, so I was reading up on Janook's Rook build (THat he apparently stole from zechnophobe?!!?! lol, but i like it!) and i came to thinking about what someone said, a good regulus will never get hit by boulder roll to hammer slam, and i was just wondering how useful it would be to get a warpstone instead of maybe a wand of speed or 5 sec inv. item...

Idea is probably obvious, but i will explain anyway!

You're in yoru tower farm, just hanging around and a regulus comes up and starts mining all of your towers, right about now, you are PISSED, thinking about all that mana and time you spent setting that thing up, now he is gonna use 9 mines and destroy yoru beautiful work, you have 2nd level boulder and a warpstone, and are like, BUMP DAT! So you Roll, warp up, and hammer his @$$ till there is no tomorrow, and chase him the rest of the way fgor the kill...

Discuss...

DaBRUM

+2 Karma | 17 Replies
October 19, 2009 12:44:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ever noticed how slow a rook is and how fast a (good) reg is?

might work though, how about you try it a few times and let us know what happens?

October 19, 2009 12:59:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,
ever noticed how slow a rook is and how fast a (good) reg is?

might work though, how about you try it a few times and let us know what happens?

Will do, my only problem is the money, unless i am on vent and have a UB teammate, i won't really get too much money in a game, but it would be awesome to test out!

October 19, 2009 1:34:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Warpstone costs so much... maybe better get the cloack even.

October 19, 2009 1:50:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Warpstone costs so much... maybe better get the cloack even.
Yea, get cloak of night as rook...sounds like a plan.

I assume you don't mean cloak of elvenkind because that is over 2x as expensive as warpstone.

October 19, 2009 1:54:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook cant get cloak of night

October 19, 2009 2:01:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Rook can't get cloak of night becasue he is nto a general, elvinkind is expensive, but gives rook everything he needs, armor, move speed, TELE,

yeah, so, i tried warpstone just now, but it doesn't seem like it will work good even though i got a horrible match to do it(Reg had anklet and boots of speed) He pretty much ran from every boulder throw, not to mention they had a minion ere that tore me apart with horn...I will try again when i get a better match for it...It seems that Cloak of Elvinkind would be more plausible because it gives rook more armor, a little speed and just as good a tele, But seeing as expensive it is, doubt it, same with warpstone, didn't get it until like level 10, and i didn't buy any cit upgrades, just a basic build...
October 19, 2009 3:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Warpstone -> Bould Stun -> Hammer slam

or

Boulder Stun -> Warpstone -> Hammer Slam

That used to be so overpowered in the beta - but the warpstone is really expensive now and boulder stun doesnt stun for so long and Hammer Slam was nerfed a bit.

Feel free to try it out though

October 19, 2009 3:46:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Warpstone -> Bould Stun -> Hammer slam

or

Boulder Stun -> Warpstone -> Hammer Slam

That used to be so overpowered in the beta - but the warpstone is really expensive now and boulder stun doesnt stun for so long and Hammer Slam was nerfed a bit.

Feel free to try it out though

Haha, didn't knwo that, I never played the beta, but have had the game since release, didn't play it much when i first got it(Lack of good computer), so i even just heard that the HoL was once in the normal shop for cheap!

October 19, 2009 5:07:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I might try this a few times over my usually orb of defiance, ill post replays if I get ambitious.

October 19, 2009 6:19:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

instead of warpstone focus on cit upgrades and taking out towers / pushing the enemy. you win.

Leave it to someone to make the game more complicated than it really is

October 19, 2009 7:33:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting playgroundlegend,
instead of warpstone focus on cit upgrades and taking out towers / pushing the enemy. you win.

Lolol, obviously not the best choice, just thinking ^^

October 19, 2009 10:37:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think he might have been referring to the artifact cloak.

October 20, 2009 9:53:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, end-game money shouldn't be spent buying artifacts
get creep upgrades (armory / blacksmith) and win!

October 20, 2009 9:57:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,

Quoting playgroundlegend, reply 10instead of warpstone focus on cit upgrades and taking out towers / pushing the enemy. you win.

Just trying to think outside the box ^^

DaBRUM

October 20, 2009 4:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,

reply 10

play abit on Exile and you will see gettings creeps isn't a good idea.

October 22, 2009 10:11:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Yeodan,

If you have 12000 Gold and are still at war rank 6 I reckon Elfinkind would be a good idea

I saw a powerful rook using the build mentioned with Elfinkind cloak and he destroyed my Regulus

October 23, 2009 11:04:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh ... cloak is rlly nice with rook coz of the extra movemetn speed it grants and not to forget the evasion rate.

warpstone's effectiveness is not worth its cost, imo. drop it to 4k maybe.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000969   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.