The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Some really convenient ideas

By on October 17, 2009 2:22:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, this would make the game, play much more smoothly, if the following didn't cancel your move order

Unclean beast: Ooze

Queen of thorns: bramble shield, not sure if it has a cast timer or not, so it might be an issue

Oak: pentinence (actually now that i think about it, does it cancel move?)

Items: Wand of speed, Sigil of vitality, that teleport cloaky ma jigger favor item, and im sure im missing a ton more items

but itd just be a wee bit bitter if u didnt have to press the hotkey 10 times while re issueing the move order as fast as you can to lose as little distance as possible on an "instant" cast spell

0 Karma | 8 Replies
October 17, 2009 9:21:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree with the items which has been known to be an issue in the game.

but the skills should stay the same, penitence slows down enemy movement speed anyway.

October 20, 2009 8:53:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly, any 'instant' ability shouldn't stop you from moving. It is just insane that they do in the first place.

October 20, 2009 8:57:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually what seems to stop you is the animation of those skills, just from someone who enjoys watching skill animations point of view.

October 20, 2009 9:49:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well the only instant moves listed in the OP are ooze and brambles. penitence has a cast time of 0.1 sec.

but yes i do agree that with every skill or item that says "instant", there should NOT be any delay. but you no wats just gonna happen if the devs were to change anything. they would place a 0.1 sec description for anything that says 'instant'.

October 21, 2009 2:30:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
Actually what seems to stop you is the animation of those skills, just from someone who enjoys watching skill animations point of view.

Well, you can move the toon while it animates, it just looks a bit odd. Actually I think just not showing the animation would be fine if you are in motion already.  It isn't like the little tenth of a second animations are adding a lot to the visual space.

October 21, 2009 7:36:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be much less of a problem if it wasn't on a P2P system. The lag for me from when I click to when my character follows my click sometimes is as big as one second. I didn't know you could move TB while he was changing forms until I played in a AI match with another player in Pantheon because my commands would always lag.

October 23, 2009 2:47:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i agree Ooze shouldnt be canceling move order, its annoying

November 15, 2009 1:35:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, UB is supposed to be a really fast attacker, and that would allow him to keep up with eneimies!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.