The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can't connect to some players

since overlay and the last update

By on October 16, 2009 7:13:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yesterday night, during 4 consecutive hobbies, i couldn't connect to one player. So i had to leave the lobby everytime.

This began to happen sometimes when i took overlay, but since the update, it happens much more.

I precise that i have a 8mega connection, but i was already slow to connect to half players (proxied and NAT). But before overlay,

i could connect to every players, even if it took a little time to.

Am i alone ? Or is it a patch bug ?

0 Karma | 11 Replies
October 16, 2009 7:49:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I started a thread, probably in the wrong place about this.  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/366766/page/1/#2409306

On the basis of replies, we are not alone.  I came over here to report it, since I haven't seen any replay from SD anywhere to the other posts.

October 16, 2009 7:50:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yesterday it was all messed up. tried for 5 hourse to get starting games and barely got around 3 or 4 games starting. never spend so much time in lobby or in the custom games window.

but no, they game is not dead... not even close

October 16, 2009 8:40:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel ya, but nobody tries to play a dead game for 4-5 hours.  Must be something about it you and it like.

October 16, 2009 9:13:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yesterday night, during 4 consecutive hobbies, i couldn't connect to one player. So i had to leave the lobby everytime.

This began to happen sometimes when i took overlay, but since the update, it happens much more.

I precise that i have a 8mega connection, but i was already slow to connect to half players (proxied and NAT). But before overlay,

i could connect to every players, even if it took a little time to.

Am i alone ? Or is it a patch bug ?
Hm, could it be that you use a DHCP without reservations and you simply got a new IP from it, rendering any port forwardings to your old IP useless?

October 16, 2009 9:35:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mikhail,
I feel ya, but nobody tries to play a dead game for 4-5 hours.  Must be something about it you and it like.

it is not the gameplay that makes it dead. it is the support and the nearly non existing community, the bugs and lack of mp-infrastructure. as i already payed for it and i like the gameplay i still play arround with that cadaver.

but sure, you can ignore the facts only because someone still plays it.

btw. and i did nnot played for 4-5h. i wished to, i waited for 4-5h to get a view games where half of the got discos and all were laggy. you get the point?

you see how much i like the gamedesign itself that i still try to play it?

edit: @spooky__ donnu what it was yesterday but i saw very many people ahving the same problem as the op, including myself. and up to yesterday at least a problem like that i never had.

October 16, 2009 11:48:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is already a thread about this problem and it seems that it is related to the overlay patch: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/366766/page/1/#2409306

October 16, 2009 2:59:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Leon108,
There is already a thread about this problem and it seems that it is related to the overlay patch: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/366766/page/1/#2409306

yeah, i think the problem come from overlay too. I already screamed on this topic, i hope they will fix this new problem soon.

Spooky_ : I don't understand what you mean, but i know that PortForwarding tell me that my Demigod ports arn't opened.

But I don't understand the first instruction "Forward the port you want to test in your router to this IP adress ...".

What's more, I've already opened this ports on my router firewall and on Impulse too.

I havn't got firewall.

October 16, 2009 7:10:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pre-overlay patch I could connect to anyone at anytime whether it was pantheon or custom game.

Now I cannot get into a game (have been trying for the last hour).  This problem is very unfortunate and definetly is patch related ..

Ultra sadness

October 17, 2009 11:33:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In case you missed the other thread, richtofen found the fix for it.........................and it works great.

Quoting richtofen:

just resolve the isue just click in properties in you shortcut for the game in the desktop and add /serverproxyonly in the destiny field....for me and my friends it resolved the issue.....probably will resolve yours

Example:

"C:\xxxxx\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe" /serverproxyonly

You will connect way quicker this way.

Thanks again richtofen

October 18, 2009 4:51:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mikhail,
In case you missed the other thread, richtofen found the fix for it.........................and it works great.

Quoting richtofen:

just resolve the isue just click in properties in you shortcut for the game in the desktop and add /serverproxyonly in the destiny field....for me and my friends it resolved the issue.....probably will resolve yours

Example:

"C:\xxxxx\Stardock Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe" /serverproxyonly

You will connect way quicker this way.

Thanks again richtofen

It works ! Thanks man

Even if i'm proxied with everybody now (normal ?).

October 18, 2009 5:29:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kalmah9,
Even if i'm proxied with everybody now (normal ?).
Yes, that is what is supposed to happen with /serverproxyonly

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.