The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warning: Don't trust the "played with XXX %" Overlay info

By on October 15, 2009 5:03:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As you all know when clicking on the info button next to a player in the formaly known connection info window you can see how many games two players have played together (shown in %).

just a minut ago one joined the lobby and said he wanted to play against premade. i wondered what he is talking about. he said me and huughr have 34% played together.

well, i cklcked on my name: it said 0%. me having 396 games in total.

i clicked on huughr and saw 44% next to my name there. it says he had 110 games in total

obviously this does not fit.

the guy left thinking we played already that much together. in fact i doubt we had since relase more than 2 games together if that. and depending on who you click on the stats are different.

so pls, FIX this immeditly or remove this info as this currentyl destroys the game as people dont joint claiming some where premade due to extremly fals information.

edit: i observered some more evidences for that. its definetly totally wrong and inconsistant.

+11 Karma | 10 Replies
October 16, 2009 6:23:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/push it is too important as i hear many other observed the same. it stops many prople from joining games due to false indication of assumed premades.

October 16, 2009 7:16:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but sometimes (most times) it is correct.

it just has false positives.

It should be fixed u are right.

October 16, 2009 7:43:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nothing is working here: not the ladder, not the stats, you even get games claimed as lost that you never joined, there are plenty uf game bugs since beta that are still ignored (e.g generals switching there targets during chase, autoattack of fire tb not working,...), bugs that they don't know off although you could find them every day mentioned on the site and suddendly they say: "oh, didn't knew of that" (remember sednas priests bug?).

and with every patch we get new ones to not getting bored? we got promises of new demigods instead, claiming we get them the summer (maybe next sumer?) people that get pissed off of this worst support ever got insulted by SDs ceo, posts deleted that are not convenient....

oh don't forget the still persisting network and connection problems - the award of laggiest game ever is for sure!

and we get insights of the upcoming modding tools while nothing of the above changes, no evidences for the long awaited must haves of every mp-title like teamed matches and automatches....

no really. frogboy said yesterday he never claimed to be nice, but to be honest: honestly are you guys taking us for a ride or have you already given it up? what's the status?

never ever saw such a mess, such simple things still not working after a year (?). nearly no major fixing of the major problems.

p.s. do you guys really wonder why this forum got toxic? really? it is impossible not getting toxic of such ignorance.

edit: but it seems here are still players that no matter what you do still praise you.

October 16, 2009 1:09:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL

i hate SD too but what can u do?

u said nothing i didnt already know BUT

i have accepted the fact that Demigod will stay like this until it dies completely. u need to accept it too Cel  

no matter what we write or say SD wont fix these problems. They dont care. I totally have given up on them

Oh well

Cheers anyway

October 16, 2009 1:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I pretty sure one of the devs posted that the % is determined by recent games.  I'm not sure what the timeframe is maybe a week or more.  So, that probably means you've played a lot of games recently hense the 0% and the other guy hasn't played much in the past week.  So when you logged a couple of games together you accounted for almost half of their recently played games.

October 16, 2009 1:56:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i never played with that guy before that said i have 24% games together. and on his wondow it said 44%, on my window it said 0%.

this has nothing todo with only recently registered games! its plain false.

again, i NEVER played with him! so no matter how it is viewed on it must be allways 0%. end of story.

p.s. well now i have a game or two with him.

October 16, 2009 2:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know what would fix this?  Playing in a premade.

October 16, 2009 2:21:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol

its this an offer?

premade won't fix all dg problems.....

October 16, 2009 9:35:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,
You know what would fix this?  Playing in a premade.

You make me chuckle every time you post.

October 18, 2009 9:50:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Btw. the familiarity value also increases if the other player is on the opposite team... it doesn't just count games where you were on the same team. This should also be changed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.