The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What do you think?

By on October 15, 2009 8:48:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB's circle of fire - 1500 dot dmg over 10 secs. Stays where users casts it. This is an easy skill to avoid since you can quickly get out of its area of effect. Can be used on structures. Good minion farm. 0.8 sec cast time. Predictable and made at TB's position.

UB's Spit - 1500 dot dmg over 10 secs. 1500 dmg guaranteed! unless, theres a sedna or oak or symbol of purity to remove it. Can be used on structures. Not good minion farm (but ooze and plague is for that, much more effective that circle of fire).
0.3 secs cast time. Fairly good range.

balanced or unbalanced? fair or unfair? you decide...

+32 Karma | 37 Replies
October 17, 2009 3:23:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Comparing skills is fine. But please don't compare the dgs with themselves.

Spit is a one target in a 1v1 fight while CoF is an aoe that its not meant in a 1v1 only fight.

As a team based game, CoF is better overall. To try to take on a spitting ub 1v1, either u are a total noob, someone that is aware of his teammate ability to help or simply u know that you are better and won't die.

On side note, most noobs nowadays use ooze over spit. So its cool.

On another side note, my fire tb eats ub and eb for breakfast. Toasted of course.

October 17, 2009 4:17:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to see a radius increase for the circle if anything!

October 17, 2009 6:23:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
I second this motion.

October 17, 2009 9:09:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,

yes this would be nice

October 25, 2009 9:55:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think ppl saw something they didnt like and havent thought about it in depth like i have. I thought about this topic a lot, well before i even posted this thread.

i was thinking the same, and i agree with you - actually with everything you said on this post.

i'm know now this is not the only thing you were thinking 'in depth' and there is a lot other skills that could(should!) be considered for comparing and balancing. BUT you did make mistake when you tried to explain to these people unbalance while comparing CoF with Spit(!) Instead you should have compared CoF with Ooze!! & Spit with fireball!! (=beast better!)

anyway  for you for thinking like me and trying to point out the unbalance (regardless the somewhat bad chosen comparison)

Regardless, you're not going to win in a slugfest and you shouldn't. If you're going to buff TB it should come in the form of allowing him to autoattack on the run and making it possible for him to actually cast something when fighting a team with multiple interrupts on it.

and i agree with this also

October 25, 2009 10:41:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't compare them!

October 25, 2009 1:59:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shouldnt this thread be about how underpowered TB is?

People are saying its balanced but lets put it this way. Can a decent TB beat ANY Demigod in a 1v1? Is it even a decent ally half the time?

I think gkrit made a perfectly valid point. Circle of Fire is too weak for such an easily avoided magic spell and his entire ability set is too mana intensive.

Put this with the fact he cant auto attack in fire and has one of the lowest amounts of health in the game he seems to be struggling amongst the rest

October 25, 2009 3:54:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im suprised my comment got ignored.  CoF is BROKEN.  If oyu cast a second one before the first goes out, they both go out at the end of the first ones 10s. 

CoF IS BROKEN.

October 25, 2009 8:04:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tperge,
Im suprised my comment got ignored.  CoF is BROKEN.  If oyu cast a second one before the first goes out, they both go out at the end of the first ones 10s. 

CoF IS BROKEN.

this is another issue with CoF. What were they thinking when they designed the skilll like this? Its completely stupid how you are penalised for having built ur TB to have shorter cooldown times (by using staff of renewal) cooldown.

if you were able to have 2 CoF's running simultaneously, then maybe it wouldnt need a buff.

Theres no other character in game that's SO restricted! (no running auto attack in fire mode WTF)

October 25, 2009 9:37:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting _Golgoth_,
Shouldnt this thread be about how underpowered TB is?

People are saying its balanced but lets put it this way. Can a decent TB beat ANY Demigod in a 1v1? Is it even a decent ally half the time?
Should he be able to beat any DG 1v1? Why bother with a melee character that's not more powerful than a ranged character? That being said, yes, he can beat some 1v1, though he certainly struggles with a DG like UB or Sedna.

I think gkrit made a perfectly valid point. Circle of Fire is too weak for such an easily avoided magic spell and his entire ability set is too mana intensive.
You can't avoid CoF if it's where you need to fight. The entire team can't just cede ground or stop chasing every single time TB casts CoF, eventually they've gotta fight in it.
Put this with the fact he cant auto attack in fire and has one of the lowest amounts of health in the game he seems to be struggling amongst the rest
Certainly his autoattack needs to be fixed. I sincerely believe I could make a fire build work against good opponents if only that worked, some other minor improvements in conjunction with that fix would make him quite viable.

October 26, 2009 1:25:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should he be able to beat any DG 1v1? Why bother with a melee character that's not more powerful than a ranged character? That being said, yes, he can beat some 1v1, though he certainly struggles with a DG like UB or Sedna.

dude .... even with the slight buff i suggested .. he'll still be weaker than UB.

October 26, 2009 6:42:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

dude .... even with the slight buff i suggested .. he'll still be weaker than UB.

Well Sedna is the numero uno in 1v1s followed by LE and UB so making TB tough enough to beat them...

The biggest problem may be that unlike the 3 mebntioned above a fire TB has no interrupt, stun, hp recovery or passive abilities that negatively affect TB's opponents (i.e Bite, Diseased Claws, Mass Charm, Pounce, Foul Grasp)

Maybe all the Buffs mentioned would help

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.