The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

who removed my post about the game being dead?

By on October 14, 2009 5:42:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll just retype it:

I made a post a month ago about hosting a 3v3 demigod premage tournament league. I coordinated with the 50+ posts about things to change / edit so everyone would be happy and want to play. I got a lot of positive responses. Alas, the day of the tourney, not a single person showed up. Only my team.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/363885

At 5 PM eastern standard time on a saturday not a single person with a months notice wanted to play the tournament. If it went well, there were going to be 3 more. And if that worked, another league, weekly tourneys.

I came to the realization that the premades dont want to play vs premades, they want to pug stomp. now that the overlay is out, pugs can tell who is pre and who is not. Which means pre's get less games. They will move on if they can't pug stomp. Leaving even less people to play with.

Rest in piece demigod.

I'm not complaining about the game, I'm complaining about the player base. I tried to help ignite the flame but no one chipped in any fire wood. Frogboy, where's my salary? I'm doing all I can here.

Frogboy:

When I click on my posts, I used to see it, now I don't.

+10 Karma | 13 Replies
October 14, 2009 5:44:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you sure it's removed and that you just can't find it?

That said, if you are coming here to complain about the game, you should find another forum.

October 14, 2009 6:06:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The dead are punishing you.

October 14, 2009 6:27:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT:

Moved contents to initial post

October 14, 2009 7:41:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At 5 PM eastern standard time on a saturday not a single person with a months notice wanted to play the tournament.

How often were you in contact with these players over the coarse of a month?  Could it be possible that these people signed up and then stopped playing before the tournament happened?  I know for a fact that there are premades that want to play other premades, I'm part of one.

October 15, 2009 4:27:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

evidence its not dead. someones still on to kill your posts =P

October 15, 2009 8:40:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

That said, if you are coming here to complain about the game, you should find another forum.

interesting and scaring statement. you mean: "pay the money and if you don't like it shut up"? sorry, for this rude interpretation but from many post i saw from you more or less this is what you want to say. of course some people go to far in their frustration but on the other side i never saw you having at least some understanding for them, cause under the current situation it is understandable. instead i saw you calling other "idots". you react pretty much the same as the people you condam.

i know that you (SD) is not the major responsible for the most problems of demigod, although (correct me if im wrong) the still not correctly working ladeder/stats and other website features are from you. But here have been many things gone very very wrong and at least you could have the spine to bear the reactions as you should have expected this after all!

October 15, 2009 8:54:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1 month in advance is long time and really makes people forget about the tourny.

October 15, 2009 10:22:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

interesting and scaring statement. you mean: "pay the money and if you don't like it shut up"? sorry, for this rude interpretation but from many post i saw from you more or less this is what you want to say. of course some people go to far in their frustration but on the other side i never saw you having at least some understanding for them, cause under the current situation it is understandable. instead i saw you calling other "idots". you react pretty much the same as the people you condam.

If someone wants to argue the game is dead or provide other unconstructive feedback, they are free to do so -- somewhere else.

If I ever gave the impression of our forums being a haven of free speech I apologize in advance.  

Now, to the original topic:

A user created tournament isn't likely to be successful unless you have a huge base of competitive players.  Demigod doesn't.  Most competitive players are probably playing HoN or have gone back to Dota because those games, IMO, are better when it comes to providing the kinds of features that appeal to those users.

For instance, as a former PGL player I can tell you that Demigod lacks certain basic things that are (IMO) necessary for it to be used in a tournament-style competitive scene.  And I say that as someone who has worked for months to try to get Demigod to be in that position to no avail.

Let me name just a few things Demigod would require to be competitive as a tournament-style game:

1. Allow observers in games.
  2. Greatly increase the latency threshold necessary for the game to be playable (you have to have too good of a connection for the game to play smoothly)
  3. Decrease the bandwidth requirements
  4. Random Demigod feature must choose a demigod that isn't already in the game (i.e. no duplicates).
  5. Bullet proof statistical tracking (i.e. can't be manipulated via a network packet sniffer).
Those are just 5 things off the top of my head.
Does that mean Demigod isn't a great game? No. Demigod is a great game IMO.  I love playing it. I play it nearly every day.  However, the reality is that it doesn't make a good tournament game presently and won't without a lot of changes that I just don't see happening.
Now, I never promise to tell people what they want to hear. I only promise to tell them the truth as I am aware of it.  So there it is for what it's worth speaking on behalf of myself.

October 15, 2009 10:33:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

If someone wants to argue the game is dead or provide other unconstructive feedback, they are free to do so -- somewhere else.

sometimes you have to bear ther eactions of your own actions. of course not unlimited but it is impertinent to think you can allow yourself everything but clsoe the mouth of angry customers. espacially when you sometimes don't react better than what you complain about those people.

you cannot deny that demigod's situation has many many frustrating aspects. and i still wonder how you are able to pretend as if it's not so bad. well, maybe it helps closing forum rights for those customers and retreating to the fanclub.

If I ever gave the impression of our forums being a haven of free speech I apologize in advance.  

be sure you were far away from giving me this impression. and i never implied anything like that.

edit: i really liked SDs attitude on the game marked. but thx to you i started to reduce my sympathy. it's not the nice way how you treat such a situation.

October 15, 2009 11:57:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

edit: i really liked SDs attitude on the game marked. but thx to you i started to reduce my sympathy. it's not the nice way how you treat such a situation.

I've never claimed to be nice.

I only claim to be honest. 

October 15, 2009 12:09:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, you never claimed to be fair either, or other things. i tried to explain you something. something that is quite important for a representiv of an enterprise that wants to sale products. and finally it would hurt your bussiness at most if that is the way you treat your customers that complain about a situation that is really woth to complain about.

but it seems you prefere to continue with this immature behaviour. as you never claimed to be consequent i do not expect that you will ban yourself from the forum.

don't worry, i will not continue on this matter here. i said what i wanted to and you showed what i hoped would not be the case.

October 15, 2009 12:29:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Doomsaying is only going to discourage others. There's nothing immature about trying to head that sort of thing off.

October 15, 2009 3:22:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, you never claimed to be fair either, or other things. i tried to explain you something. something that is quite important for a representiv of an enterprise that wants to sale products. and finally it would hurt your bussiness at most if that is the way you treat your customers that complain about a situation that is really woth to complain about.

I'm not fair either.

And I've been told for years how being not nice and not fair is going to "hurt our business".  Feel free to take your business elsewhere is pretty much my universal answer.  

We provide a product/service in exchange for money. That does not entitle the user to use our resources to abuse us or decry our product in an unconstructive way -- on our own site.

but it seems you prefere to continue with this immature behaviour. as you never claimed to be consequent i do not expect that you will ban yourself from the forum.

don't worry, i will not continue on this matter here. i said what i wanted to and you showed what i hoped would not be the case.

I don't claim that there is no double standard. What I can write about and what a customer can write about on our sites are two different things.  

Like Kryofx says, doom saying does nothing beneficial and I see no reason why we should pay (in the form of providing the resources) to enable people to harm us.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.